You are Here:
smoke and mirrors v7 out this year

Author (Read 19020 times)

Re: smoke and mirrors v7 out this year
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »

Reylek

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The Magic-Con deck is absolutely a D&D deck.  Magic-Con is their brainchild, and they are very hands-on with every element of the convention.

The first Magic-Con did not have a dedicated deck.  Attendees were given some early S&M decks, and the v4 was first introduced for sale there.

The first MC deck was available at the 2nd Magic-Con in 2011.  Genii was a sponsor, but this was still D&D's convention, and the art, print run, etc, was all done by them and their team.

I'd imagine they will have a 2nd MC deck at the upcoming 3rd Magic-Con.
Kevin
Production Manager
www.penguinmagic.com

« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2012, 03:17:18 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
The Magic-Con deck is absolutely a D&D deck.  Magic-Con is their brainchild, and they are very hands-on with every element of the convention.

The first Magic-Con did not have a dedicated deck.  Attendees were given some early S&M decks, and the v4 was first introduced for sale there.

The first MC deck was available at the 2nd Magic-Con in 2011.  Genii was a sponsor, but this was still D&D's convention, and the art, print run, etc, was all done by them and their team.

I'd imagine they will have a 2nd MC deck at the upcoming 3rd Magic-Con.
Yes, they said they would have one on their Facebook page.

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
While the other decks D&D carry may be their own or not their own, it holds no relevance to the upcoming V7. The V6 was released, released again, and then released again...sold out every time. The Smoke and Mirrors deck defines Dan and Dave, so I would imagine they will sell out and probably do so within hours if not minutes. I know for myself that I will be anxiously waiting. Though I like the Fulton decks, it is the S&M series that makes me interested in D&D.
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I see nothing wrong with short, "me too" or " good deck" Often times people who say that are saying the same thing someone else says in a 300 word essay which to me is even worse. Sometimes I want to thank people for being blessedly brief. For some reason I like how these DandD decks have not been selling out as they once were. Perhaps it is a sign of the bubble bursting, which killed me when internet stocks did the same, people being cautious with fear of the economy or people losing interest in DandD. Either way, I like the fact that I do not have to sit at my computer at 12:00am and stress. It kind of takes the enjoyment out of the whole thing. A lot of us realize we are not that important and refrain from unnecessary diatribes. I appreciate that.

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 06:26:42 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I see nothing wrong with short, "me too" or " good deck" Often times people who say that are saying the same thing someone else says in a 300 word essay which to me is even worse. Sometimes I want to thank people for being blessedly brief.
Well you are mistaken my friend. The point of the discourse is to have productive discussions. Sure, short answers may be easier to read, but what Don means is no matter how long or short the comment, it must be helpful. "Me too"? No one really cares about that. But if you say: "I am super excited for this deck to come out! I heard from the D&D website that this time it would be more customized than the previous editions!" Then you are adding to the discussion.

For some reason I like how these DandD decks have not been selling out as they once were. Perhaps it is a sign of the bubble bursting, which killed me when internet stocks did the same, people being cautious with fear of the economy or people losing interest in DandD. Either way, I like the fact that I do not have to sit at my computer at 12:00am and stress. It kind of takes the enjoyment out of the whole thing. A lot of us realize we are not that important and refrain from unnecessary diatribes. I appreciate that.
What about the Tungstene deck?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:30:45 PM by NathanCanadas »

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 10:07:26 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
That is fine. My friend. But have you noticed how little people can say with so many words?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:10:15 PM by eggman »

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2012, 11:42:21 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
i personally really liked the clip joint playing cards. so im hoping that the new design of the v7's is at least up to par with the other custom decks of today.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2012, 12:13:48 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
That is fine. My friend. But have you noticed how little people can say with so many words?
I have noticed that, I think a short post saying,"I like this deck because of the colors on the back" is better than " I really enjoy the looks of this deck from ___________ Company, because of the great detail and depth in the designs in all components of the designs. I esspecially like the back, Ace of Spades, Court Cards, Jokers, and spot cards. I like the backs because of the nice color and the great attention to detail, I to the company and has ever been seen before, I like like the Ace of spades because it is origanal and very good looking, I like the Court Cards because of the recoloration to the classic design, I like the Jokers because they are very original and fun, I like the spot cards because of the custom pips"

I find that more annoying that a quick simple "me too" comment.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2012, 11:35:10 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I don't think the moderators agree with you on this point.
Returning to the v7 topic, I think the Buck Twins will wait a bit longer than usual before releasing this deck. I think they are very well aware or all the other releases coming out (and so are T11 and E)! This may well be their last deck in the series, so they don't want it to be a failure!

« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2012, 04:56:18 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I have noticed that, I think a short post saying,"I like this deck because of the colors on the back" is better than " I really enjoy the looks of this deck from ___________ Company, because of the great detail and depth in the designs in all components of the designs. I esspecially like the back, Ace of Spades, Court Cards, Jokers, and spot cards. I like the backs because of the nice color and the great attention to detail, I to the company and has ever been seen before, I like like the Ace of spades because it is origanal and very good looking, I like the Court Cards because of the recoloration to the classic design, I like the Jokers because they are very original and fun, I like the spot cards because of the custom pips"

I find that more annoying that a quick simple "me too" comment.
Me too