what im getting for DOTM

Author (Read 36811 times)

Re: what im getting for DOTM
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2012, 01:30:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
OK, the value of the DOTM Club is there, I suppose, but I don't regret not joining.  He's giving out decks that I would have already purchased by the time he ships them.  What happened to that whole "new decks" thing - weren't the DOTM decks supposed to be new?  These are nice, but not new, and February's deck to me is a disappointment.

i think i got tungstene before they were out but i cant remebr haha if i did im hoping i get the v7s early when they come out that would be awesome haha and what happned to we will defently have it sent the first week of the month it never is its usualy the middle of the second week yeah it could of been better i wanted the stingers haha still its exciting =) and i always have a deck coming to feed my adidciton

What does the postmark say when you get it?  Remember, you live in Britain, they're on the US West Coast and they may not be using the fastest shipping possible to send them to you.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 01:34:52 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
OK, the value of the DOTM Club is there, I suppose, but I don't regret not joining.  He's giving out decks that I would have already purchased by the time he ships them.  What happened to that whole "new decks" thing - weren't the DOTM decks supposed to be new?  These are nice, but not new, and February's deck to me is a disappointment.

i think i got tungstene before they were out but i cant remebr haha if i did im hoping i get the v7s early when they come out that would be awesome haha and what happned to we will defently have it sent the first week of the month it never is its usualy the middle of the second week yeah it could of been better i wanted the stingers haha still its exciting =) and i always have a deck coming to feed my adidciton

What does the postmark say when you get it?  Remember, you live in Britain, they're on the US West Coast and they may not be using the fastest shipping possible to send them to you.

they tell me the day they ship it last time it was the 12 and before that it was even later i always ask them mid month it hasnt been sent on the first week ever i dont think and i picked the cheaper shipping as it said shipping was included with it then on check out i still had to pay shipping even thoguh it was already more for international it dosent matter the time it takes to be delivred as long i know its coming so i can guage when to be at my fathers thats where i send my packages haha i understand they get busy though and the customer service is awesome so i dont mind
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 01:38:12 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 01:56:15 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
So, when are you going to get your next deck? Any ideas on what it is gonna be?

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
So, when are you going to get your next deck? Any ideas on what it is gonna be?

any time in march nope i never know what it is until i open it but so far it just seems as thoguh im getting another v4 box if so ill have another smoke or mirror v3 and another iaocp coming

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Yeah I'm sure you'll get an IAOCP deck sometime during your membership!
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:

I sure hope so!

Also, although this month's deck was dissapoiniting, it still thing the value of this is worth it. I could sell my Tungstene and my v6 for probably $70 total for the pair, one or two good more decks, and that can be sheer profit...not like I'm going to sell them though.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

I sure hope so!

Also, although this month's deck was dissapoiniting, it still thing the value of this is worth it. I could sell my Tungstene and my v6 for probably $70 total for the pair, one or two good more decks, and that can be sheer profit...not like I'm going to sell them though.

me too i would love to get a magic con but i doubt i will so if i get iaocp and a v4 or somthing ill be pretty happy oh are you on dotm too ?

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

I sure hope so!

Are you also in DOTM Loldude? Do you find it worth the price tag?

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 02:21:47 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I personally think that Variety Boxes are worth much more than DOTMC. JMO

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 02:31:07 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Well it's hard to tell right now. Those is DOTM have only gotten a few decks. They may get some not so great decks and then a VB would be much better. But what if D&D sent out Jerry's to all the DOTM subscribers! That would be a game changer!! Granted I doubt that would happen, but my point is that it's too early to tell if DOTM is worth more or less than a VB.

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 02:44:01 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

Well it's hard to tell right now. Those is DOTM have only gotten a few decks. They may get some not so great decks and then a VB would be much better. But what if D&D sent out Jerry's to all the DOTM subscribers! That would be a game changer!! Granted I doubt that would happen, but my point is that it's too early to tell if DOTM is worth more or less than a VB.
You are right, but we'll see about that in 9 months, when it will be over.

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

i can only ever hope they did that if they did i would get dotm for the rest of my life haha i think i would freak out when i opned the package and saw them but yep we will all have to see what comes next ill get it next year too and keep updating i was quite shocked i never got chinatown or plaid hope i dont get studs ><

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

I sure hope so!

I have it, and I think it's worth it.  I didn't pay for it (I got it as a gift) but so far my three decks are Tungstene, v6, and an Erdnaseum, so as of now, yes, I think it's worth it.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2012, 02:54:23 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

I sure hope so!

I have it, and I think it's worth it.  I didn't pay for it (I got it as a gift) but so far my three decks are Tungstene, v6, and an Erdnaseum, so as of now, yes, I think it's worth it.

awesome what would be your dream deck to get from them ? i hope magic con v2

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2012, 03:30:38 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

I sure hope so!

awesome what would be your dream deck to get from them ? i hope magic con v2
Well my dream would be Jerry's, but die to the very slim chance that would happen, i would say Magic Con, Absolut, and any S&M decks other then v6.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2012, 04:01:17 PM »

Masque

• True Member
Given their output rate, I'd figure you should get a v7 at least. As well as 2-3 other D&D decks released in the remainder of this year.

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:02 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Yep, I agree, as well as 1-2 T11 releases. Is it to late to join? And if I do join, will I get those three decks as well?

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Yep, I agree, as well as 1-2 T11 releases. Is it to late to join? And if I do join, will I get those three decks as well?
It is not to late to join. Also, no you will not get the previous 3. For example, I missed out on the Ohio Arrco deck (that was the first one) but I don't mind. I didn't want one anyway. It is like a magazine subscription. You don't get past issues, you will only get future ones. You will still get 12 decks though.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
How do you still get 12 decks if you've missed out on the previous few? Do they send out multiple decks in a particular month?

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 05:05:51 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
How do you still get 12 decks if you've missed out on the previous few? Do they send out multiple decks in a particular month?

They most likely add new decks to the list as this project goes along. They will probably give out a sect for DOTM, and never give it away for DOTM so people keep coming back, and keep getting it again.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
I think it's just an ongoing thing. You'll  get 12 for the next twelve months. One for each month. Does that make sense?

I've been mulling over the idea of joining but right now I'm not totally convinced. The idea seems pretty fun though!! I'm excited to see the rest of what you get

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I think it's just an ongoing thing. You'll  get 12 for the next twelve months. One for each month. Does that make sense?

I've been mulling over the idea of joining but right now I'm not totally convinced. The idea seems pretty fun though!! I'm excited to see the rest of what you get

You should get it! Even if the decks aren't worth the price by the end of 12 months, the surprise and waiting is the fun part of it.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
yep whenever you join you get 12 decks starting from the month you join you can evern join twice and get the same 2 decks every month i joined decmber so every year ill join again in december it is alot of fun though and you always have a deck coming its very exciting wondering

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
I agree. I signed up right after I missed out on Tungstene and though I am quite disappointed with V6 and Bee Squeezer, the new package has arrived with an unknown pack every month is quite exciting for me.

I am wishing for the day a Jerry's Nuggets pops up as a DOTM.

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
I reckon if they were to do that, it would be done earlier when they just introduced the DOTM club. Because that way there would be less subscribers and it would entice other subscribers. It would not be when there are more subscribers as it would not be practical. Therefore a JN would be out of the question for the DOTM club.