Author (Read 1056 times)

they should make variety box colours
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:48:01 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity
  • Hakuna matata feet up sippin java ^^

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
they should make a red and gold instead of black and silver variety box for people to put there china town decks in just somthing i htink they should do does anyone else agree ?

Re: they should make variety box colours
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 02:15:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
But then what do they do with them when the Fulton's Chinatown deck is sold out and they have all those leftover boxes?  The black and silver is elegant, pretty much universally.  Red and gold are definitely NOT the new black!  :))

The current Variety Box goes well with damn near any deck you put in it.  A red-and-gold version would be distracting and wouldn't look good for all the different decks out there.  I know you wanted to get custom brick boxes for this new deck, just like the first Fulton's deck, but besides the Variety Boxes (or autographed copies of any box), most of those custom boxes end up at the bottom of the paper recycling bin.  I walked into a shop that was actually giving away S&M v6 brick boxes for free.  I took one because I always can use a good deck box; I had no interest in the design.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:33:03 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
But then what do they do with them when the Fulton's Chinatown deck is sold out and they have all those leftover boxes?  The black and silver is elegant, pretty much universally.  Red and gold are definitely NOT the new black!

The current Variety Box goes well with damn near any deck you put in it.  A red-and-gold version would be distracting and wouldn't look good for all the different decks out there.  I know you wanted to get custom brick boxes for this new deck, just like the first Fulton's deck, but besides the Variety Boxes (or autographed copies of any box), most of those custom boxes end up at the bottom of the paper recycling bin.  I walked into a shop that was actually giving away S&M v6 brick boxes for free.  I took one because I always can use a good deck box; I had no interest in the design.

haha maybe theyll find some more v6s in the back again :P i see what you mean yeah i was just anoyyed about the brick box haha ill just put them in the black and silver ones thats awesome theres no cards shops where i am all you can get is wadington at the news adgents it would be awesome to find a store that even had  d and d deck
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:36:33 AM by zaganh »

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 02:55:17 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

haha maybe theyll find some more v6s in the back again :P i see what you mean yeah i was just anoyyed about the brick box haha ill just put them in the black and silver ones thats awesome theres no cards shops where i am all you can get is wadington at the news adgents it would be awesome to find a store that even had  d and d deck

There is such a store.  Yours!

You really need to go live on the web with your products - as I hear it, there's a huge pent-up demand for these decks in the UK and few suppliers are up to the task of carrying a good selection and new decks soon after they're released, if not same day.  OK, perhaps same week, but you get the idea.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »

zaganh

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• YouTube:

There is such a store.  Yours!

You really need to go live on the web with your products - as I hear it, there's a huge pent-up demand for these decks in the UK and few suppliers are up to the task of carrying a good selection and new decks soon after they're released, if not same day.  OK, perhaps same week, but you get the idea.

thank you so much i hope to meet everyones needs as best i can ill have a uniqe selection that will grow with time of coarse fun contests prizes discounts so on haha yep ill try get them here as fast as possible also im thinking about i want to add some more excitment for people buying from me buy putting an extra deck here or there in people orders at random just put a black crown or a v6 and so on in somones order just another reason to shop with me =)

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 03:51:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

thank you so much i hope to meet everyones needs as best i can ill have a uniqe selection that will grow with time of coarse fun contests prizes discounts so on haha yep ill try get them here as fast as possible also im thinking about i want to add some more excitment for people buying from me buy putting an extra deck here or there in people orders at random just put a black crown or a v6 and so on in somones order just another reason to shop with me =)

Tossing in free random decks, especially potentially valuable ones, would make your shop very popular in Europe indeed, and maybe even in the States.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 04:59:03 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Oh, really I don't want to see the twin making more money than focusing on their cardistry.