Value of Broken Spell Playing Cards

Author (Read 4637 times)

Value of Broken Spell Playing Cards
« on: April 24, 2019, 03:10:21 PM »

zinkpro45

• Newcomer

• Twitter:
Hey all,

I don't post here a lot, and I apologize if this is in the wrong place. But I have two decks of Broken Spell Playing Cards (the OG Kickstarter one). Any idea what these would be worth? I can't find any sold on ebay or any forums for reference.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 03:10:44 PM by zinkpro45 »

Re: Value of Broken Spell Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 06:54:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hey all,

I don't post here a lot, and I apologize if this is in the wrong place. But I have two decks of Broken Spell Playing Cards (the OG Kickstarter one). Any idea what these would be worth? I can't find any sold on ebay or any forums for reference.

Probably the reason you're having a tough time gauging the value is that it's an exceptionally rare deck that doesn't get traded very often.  I used to own one, eventually giving it away to my stepson as a gift.  He auctioned off a deck as part of a charity fundraiser on eBay and I bought it for $45 - and that was about five or six year ago, if not longer.  Hopefully that helps.

Just taking a complete and total guess at it, based on the market being what it is, the rarity of the deck and the price I paid for it back then, I wouldn't be surprised if today it fetched at least double what I paid.  The only thing I can think of that would bring the price down would be the ever-growing size of the marketplace today, with so many new decks constantly coming out, some made to excellent quality standards in terms of both production and art.  But even with that, I'd still guess at a doubling of the price.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/