« on: July 08, 2020, 10:02:21 AM »

Lee Asher

• CardStar
  • Administrator
  • Frequent Flyer
  • Is this thing on?

• Twitter:
Hey everyone,

I want to personally update you on the status of this year's 52 Plus Joker convention.

With all this uncertainty during the pandemic, your board?s first obligation is the safety of club members. We have decided we cannot hold this year's convention in Pittsburgh. It was a hard decision to make, and I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

But we have a replacement plan.  Our annual convention is a highlight for many members. So although a ?physical convention? won't work this year, a virtual convention will.

Imagine watching our events streamed to your computer, tablet or phone. All lectures, meetings, deck launches, auction(s), Diamond Awards and panel discussion will be held online. And this is an opportunity to engage with members who normally cannot attend in person.

This is just the beginning of our thinking. 

As soon as I know more, you'll receive updates about our virtual events. Our October date will stay the same. For now though, please take a moment to relish in the fact that we all will be attending the world's largest playing card convention together -- from the comforts of home.

Does something like this pique your interests?

Speak with everyone, soon.

Cheers,
Lee Asher

PS. If you have any questions, concerns, or want to speak, reply to this post. I'm right here to listen to and discuss your thoughts.