Post Your Collection / Your Newest Acquisitions

Author (Read 352194 times)

Re: Post Your Collection / Your Newest Acquisitions
« Reply #1000 on: January 26, 2015, 02:51:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

And anyway ellusionist is selling them at $100. Anyway, we all need to have the price of our decks increasing with time.

They're not actually for sale at Ellusionist.  They installed a new inventory system for keeping track of what's in stock.  Promotional items not available for sale have to be listed anyway, so they either make the price zero and list them as sold out or they list them at some outrageously high price.

They're definitely not for sale.  The company's been giving them away as premiums for a few years or more now.  It's expected to be the second rare deck (print run of 5,000 AND only available as a premium, not for purchase) that they run out of stock on, the first being the Bicycle Black Ghost 1st Edition.  E ran out of BG1E sometime last year.  Only once before did they actually sell a premium deck as a straight, unconditional purchase (albeit limited to not more than a dozen per customer) and that was the Red Artifice v1 - and even those were limited to only 3,000 of the 5,000 decks made being available for purchase, with the rest being held for premiums.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's a race between the two decks to see which will run out first.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #1001 on: January 26, 2015, 03:26:00 AM »

CoolaFu

• Newcomer
It was a pre order last october 2014.

I got these babies last month

How did you get Sherlock Holmes - Bakerstreet and Holmes edition decks? I couldn't find them on stock, in 5-6 December, when I order :( Anyway, my order was lost by post office I think...no decks for Christmas.

I got this decks only now from my buddy, but they are from an early orders. Usually, I send him a few orders, it makes me one nice package that will be sent in Europe.To bad I order this nice case for iphone 5/5s a year ago, lol. Now is iphone 6 on the market...

« Reply #1002 on: January 26, 2015, 06:51:19 AM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular
picked up a pair of bicycle rhapsodies for 6 dollars yesterday.  Not bad for a plain Jane bicycle deck, and a little too classy for Wal*Mart!

« Reply #1003 on: January 26, 2015, 07:00:13 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
picked up a pair of bicycle rhapsodies for 6 dollars yesterday.  Not bad for a plain Jane bicycle deck, and a little too classy for Wal*Mart!

I really enjoy my copies. I had to go through three racks of the things to find two pairs without beaten up tucks haha. Nice snag and sounds like the price was definitely right. The ones I picked up were $2.89 a deck. I love being able to do that once in a while.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #1004 on: January 27, 2015, 08:05:51 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I've been busy and haven't had an opportunity to organize or even put decks away that have been arriving since the holidays. I took today as an opportunity to go ahead and start on that. While doing so I thought, great time to snap a few photos. Life came up though and I didn't get to do all I wanted, but I'm glad I was able to get a few quick shots done to share. The majority of the decks I didn't get shots of are mainly restocks you've all seen before. I love them though so if someone has their heart seeing some of the restocks, I'll try to grab a photo sometime soon. They're just bricks of staples. My favorite deck Tally-Ho circle backs for example, stuff like that. Everything is new to me minus the Love Me and Sentinels, which are replacements.

I love this silly boat! It's a lot of fun. If I wasn't a desert dweller and afraid of the ocean, I'd have a boat haha. The gold mini deck that snuck in is Home Run 8 bit mini gold. It was near from a game of solitaire last night figured I'd toss it in, since it was just right there. Same photo shows off my Bankroll edition, yes gents I managed to score one! Not only that, I won the poker game we used the standards in so it came back home with me. By the way absolutely splendid deck, among the best I've had the pleasure to play with can't recommend it enough even though that weird slip case gets in the way haha. Although I can't really use it, the kid in me is smitten with that big ass Steampunk Bandits. It's just cool as hell to me.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #1005 on: January 27, 2015, 08:38:53 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Damn... talk about a feeding frenzy!

« Reply #1006 on: January 28, 2015, 09:30:50 AM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
I grabbed what appear to be some older bike decks with tucks that seem to be out of print. Can anyone give me any advice on these? Are they an older version? If so do we know roughly when? I'm assuming not that old but not current  :-\

Collection and Blog - www.magasaki.com
Studio - www.designsharp.co.uk
Blog Facebook - www.facebook.com/magasakicards
Personal Facebook - www.facebook.com/tommajski

« Reply #1007 on: January 28, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
No they're not that old. The red and the blue decks look like 807's to me. They're still making them now. The color of the seal would give more indication of when those decks in particular were produced. The Green backs I'm not sure if they're still producing, 2012 I think.

Please keep in mind I am by no means an expert. Someone will more knowledge on bikes will hopefully chime in. I'm just trying to help out in the meantime. ;)

Damn... talk about a feeding frenzy!
Om nom nom!  :t11:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:15:52 AM by Fes »

« Reply #1008 on: January 28, 2015, 10:17:21 AM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
The red and blue decks have blue seals and the green has a black seal and they say 808 on the base.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:18:43 AM by Magasaki »

« Reply #1009 on: January 28, 2015, 11:45:42 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
The red and blue decks have blue seals and the green has a black seal and they say 808 on the base.

Blue seals are Ohio decks, those two decks are 2009 or earlier. Black seals are out of the facilities in Kentucky and are newer. I think the green deck is 2012 but I may be wrong. My memory on whens isn't so good haha. I'm more of a "remember when?" guy, not much of a "remember exactly when" person. For example, No idea when the Magna carta was signed, only that it was signed sometime in the 1600's... I think. Maybe not, hahaha.

Still hope I helped a little bit. ;)

« Reply #1010 on: January 28, 2015, 11:58:25 AM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
You certainly helped! Thanks for the info about the seals.

« Reply #1011 on: January 29, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Here's a pricey haul for you! Excess is good sometimes.  :karrit:

« Reply #1012 on: January 29, 2015, 12:31:07 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Ooh nice haul Magasaki! Got your loaded up Fed 52's in one swoop? Porcelain Bikes in there too, what a pretty deck. Very nice decks. 

« Reply #1013 on: January 29, 2015, 01:23:40 PM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Ooh nice haul Magasaki! Got your loaded up Fed 52's in one swoop? Porcelain Bikes in there too, what a pretty deck. Very nice decks.

Yeah grabbed a bunch as it worked out cheaper to have more shipped then maybe sell a few on at a later date. I already had some silver certs and white reserves. I just need to find an unbranded black reserve now and I'm done  :)

Also a cheeky blue blood in there which makes this one quite a costly haul overall.

« Reply #1014 on: January 29, 2015, 05:35:14 PM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular
i can't find an unbranded fed52 under 30 bux.  Where would one purchase an open box deck?

« Reply #1015 on: January 29, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
no idea they normally sell sealed. I am opening a set to play with and keeping some sealed ones

« Reply #1016 on: February 03, 2015, 04:33:39 AM »

naggarwal

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:
Since last time I posted in this thread my collection increased from something like 30 decks to a 100 decks. I would really like someone to rate the collection. It is starting to become something like fun now. I can't stop buying more decks. But it is such a financial burden on me that my back is literally  bending down. I hope to have all the famous decks by summer and then will go for rare ones and the kickstarters, I hope that will pull down a significant factor of the cost. But yes I could not have started deck collection at a worse time. I hope I stay strong till the best part. lol! Sorry for me yapping.

Here is my collection: https://playingcarddb.com/mycollection?u=7189

I hope you would all like it. Thanks!
Notice how there are 26 cards of either color in each deck, a number equal to letters in English alphabet. You can hide a message with cards in a deck if it is simple enough.

My collection is https://playingcarddb.com/mycollection?u=7189, I hope you will like it.

« Reply #1017 on: February 04, 2015, 07:23:44 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Welcome to the Grand Hall of Addicted Collectors. Eventually you'll reach the next stage where you become fussy about what you buy and start de-acquisitioning the hastily bought decks whose appeal is lessening.!!
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #1018 on: February 04, 2015, 08:26:29 AM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular
Welcome to the Grand Hall of Addicted Collectors. Eventually you'll reach the next stage where you become fussy about what you buy and start de-acquisitioning the hastily bought decks whose appeal is lessening.!!

Only took me a couple weeks to get to that point.  I Love that it is very easy to cancel a pledge on kickstarter if I made the decision too quickly.  Never hurts to secure an early bird either just in case the project turns into something awesome.

« Reply #1019 on: February 04, 2015, 06:56:59 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Since last time I posted in this thread my collection increased from something like 30 decks to a 100 decks. I would really like someone to rate the collection. It is starting to become something like fun now. I can't stop buying more decks. But it is such a financial burden on me that my back is literally  bending down. I hope to have all the famous decks by summer and then will go for rare ones and the kickstarters, I hope that will pull down a significant factor of the cost. But yes I could not have started deck collection at a worse time. I hope I stay strong till the best part. lol! Sorry for me yapping.

First, be careful not to bankrupt yourself!  There's a rule of thumb with decks, just like with trains - if you miss one, another will come along.

Second, there's only one criteria for rating your collection.  "Are you happy with these decks?"  :))

« Reply #1020 on: February 04, 2015, 10:53:33 PM »

naggarwal

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

First, be careful not to bankrupt yourself!  There's a rule of thumb with decks, just like with trains - if you miss one, another will come along.

Second, there's only one criteria for rating your collection.  "Are you happy with these decks?"  :))

I am taking steps not to bankrupt myself. I think I will be able to survive. Plus I am becoming more picky about the decks I want in my collection. I am at that next stage I think which 52plusjokers mentions here:

I hope everything work out eventually. I have a collection and I want to come out of this breaking in phase and then I will make this collection into something that anyone can admire. To answer Don's question. I think I admire this collection. Although I do not have many that are specifically rare or unique, I do have those decks which are really worth having, and with the features which makes them worthy of being in a collection.

Notice how there are 26 cards of either color in each deck, a number equal to letters in English alphabet. You can hide a message with cards in a deck if it is simple enough.

My collection is https://playingcarddb.com/mycollection?u=7189, I hope you will like it.

« Reply #1021 on: February 09, 2015, 08:55:00 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Got my Draconians. Love them! 

« Reply #1022 on: February 09, 2015, 10:40:53 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

Great fans! I love these decks too. They're fantastic and have quickly risen to among my favorite decks.

« Reply #1023 on: February 09, 2015, 10:44:10 PM »

naggarwal

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

They sure are nice. I would love to get my hand on them.

« Reply #1024 on: February 10, 2015, 01:02:08 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

Love your fans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net