You are Here:
Pinstriped Playing Cards

Author (Read 1123 times)

Pinstriped Playing Cards
« on: December 29, 2015, 02:26:45 PM »

lms_jam

• Forum Regular
Hello everyone I am working on a new deck called Pinstriped Playing Cards. I would love to know what you think so far. I updated the colors on the second image.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 02:28:35 PM by lms_jam »
If at first you don't succeed try try again

Re: Pinstriped Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 02:49:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
This actually looks good.  Ordinarily, I'd be advising you to consider a white border or at least a gray one because of chipping issues, but this looks really nice on a black background and it's a deck more for looks than for play.

Consider extending the pinstriping theme all the way through the deck.  By this I'm referring to that Jack.  The back is pinstripes, the indices, the axe, the hat, the feather; all done with pinstripes.  But not his outfit?  It looks nice, don't get me wrong, but what if you make that with pinstripe details as well?  Consider what a fine pinstripe job looks like on a classic car - but instead of a car, imagine it's the Jack's outfit and picture what a cool pinstripe pattern might look like on him.  You could give him something perhaps like a wide-lapeled zoot suit and pinstripe the hell out of it.  It would go better with the theme, I think, making the deck's overall design more cohesive.  The zoot suit, a popular outfit from the late '40s, would be a good choice, since it's often classic cars from the '40s and '50s that we associate with such detailed pinstriping work.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »

Paul Ruccio

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Love the concept of pinstripes. Whenever I think of pinstripes, I think of Kenneth Howard (Von Dutch). Would love to see a subtle homage to him somewhere in the deck.
Paul Ruccio
Jetsetter Playing Cards
www.jetsetterplayingcards.com
- - - - -
High-class products and playing cards for the aviation, travel, and playing card enthusiasts around the globe.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 01:02:16 AM »

lms_jam

• Forum Regular
Thanks for the advice I will try your ideas and see what I come up with.
If at first you don't succeed try try again