You are Here:
ORNATE Playing Cards: White Edition (KS)

Author (Read 10577 times)

Re: ORNATE Playing Cards: White Edition (KS)
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2014, 02:18:36 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to give the ORNATES thread a bump, and reveal the Bicycle Seal Stickers that were just Unlocked when we hit the second Stretch Goal last night!

We haven't received much chatter the past couple of days in the comments section. Stop by and let us know what you think!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1380523977/ornate-playing-cards-white-edition

thanks, Randy

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
In case any of you haven't seen Max's article (http://www.maxplayingcards.com/en/2014/03/04/ornate-white-and-obsidian-the-definitive-campaign-with-10-decks-exclusive-images/), here's a look at the ORNATE Obsidian Tucks and Pack Jacket!

The Tucks will be Gold Foil and Black Foil on the Back Vellum Tuck stock.

We'll probably do a Kickstarter Update with the project tomorrow night and reveal them with our Backers.

Thanks, Randy

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:44:01 PM by RandyButterfield »

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »

jwats01

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
  • I really like cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Randy,

These look great. Can't wait to see more detail about the cards themselves. Awesome addition!

Check out every Kickstarter Deck project - current & archived along with some great Deck designer/artist interviews:

http://www.phillycardco.com

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2014, 05:50:26 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Speechless.........

Those look amazing Randy, very well done my friend  ;)

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:04 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
In case any of you haven't seen Max's article (http://www.maxplayingcards.com/en/2014/03/04/ornate-white-and-obsidian-the-definitive-campaign-with-10-decks-exclusive-images/), here's a look at the ORNATE Obsidian Tucks and Pack Jacket!

The Tucks will be Gold Foil and Black Foil on the Back Vellum Tuck stock.

We'll probably do a Kickstarter Update with the project tomorrow night and reveal them with our Backers.

Thanks, Randy

Can't wait to see the cards!  Gorgeous packaging.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2014, 10:13:57 PM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
So what do we need to do, to get this project over 75K?
I was thinking of upping my pledge some. looking at like 4 things.
I wonder if $50, or $75, or $100 range would be a good start?  ;)
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2014, 01:53:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
So what do we need to do, to get this project over 75K?
I was thinking of upping my pledge some. looking at like 4 things.
I wonder if $50, or $75, or $100 range would be a good start?  ;)

Just add (as of this moment) $5,736 to your pledge and you're good to go!

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
As much as I want Randy, or any of the other great designers around here to hit ALL there stretch goals and make these amazing LE's available to backers..........there is only so much money to go around. That's really my biggest problem with KS, if you don't have unlimited funds and there are decks coming out by the dozens, you really end up having to pick and choose and budget accordingly.

Just one winning Power Ball number, that's all I ask for  ;)

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2014, 10:43:02 AM »

jwats01

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
  • I really like cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Tony,

I agree 100% with you about the KS decks, I also hope everyone hits the goals, and I will continue to support for as long as I can. I do fear the burnout coming before my deck is released  :D

Back on topic.. I do want these black cards! They look very sharp. I like the Pack Jacket as well.
Check out every Kickstarter Deck project - current & archived along with some great Deck designer/artist interviews:

http://www.phillycardco.com

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2014, 04:31:21 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
As much as I want Randy, or any of the other great designers around here to hit ALL there stretch goals and make these amazing LE's available to backers..........there is only so much money to go around. That's really my biggest problem with KS, if you don't have unlimited funds and there are decks coming out by the dozens, you really end up having to pick and choose and budget accordingly.

Just one winning Power Ball number, that's all I ask for  ;)

Yup. There are so many awesome playing card projects out there, and as much as I want to support them all, I have to choose those that interest me the most. And as much as I would like the projects I back to hit their stretch goals, I have to limit my spending, though hopefully sharing the project to draw other backers will help as much.

« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
You folks that put unnecessary expenses like food and housing and electricity above card purchases are strange! ;-)

My problems isn't so much that so many decks are coming out, it's just that, for some strange reason, more are appealing to me in a big, big way. Normally, I'll pledge for anywhere from 1-4 decks on a KS campaign. In the last 6 months or so, I've had quite a few campaigns that I've pledged for a lot of decks, many uncut sheets, a poker set, a t-shirt, and now, for the first time ever, coins. Some of these latest designs are outrageously fantastic, and many have seemed to land all at once.

That being said, these Obsidian decks look incredible (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE gold on black...can't get enough of those decks!) and I am looking VERY forward to adding a bunch of these to my pledge!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:02:38 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
You folks that put unnecessary expenses like food and housing and electricity above card purchases are strange! ;-)

My problems isn't so much that so many decks are coming out, it's just that, for some strange reason, more are appealing to me in a big, big way. Normally, I'll pledge for anywhere from 1-4 decks on a KS campaign. In the last 6 months or so, I've had quite a few campaigns that I've pledged for a lot of decks, many uncut sheets, a poker set, a t-shirt, and now, for the first time ever, coins. Some of these latest designs are outrageously fantastic, and many have seemed to land all at once.

That being said, these Obsidian decks look incredible (I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE gold on black...can't get enough of those decks!) and I am looking VERY forward to adding a bunch of these to my pledge!

As long as you remember that you control your hobby and not the other way around, you'll be fine...  :))

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Hey Everyone,

If you're not a Backer of the ORNATES, you may not know that we Unlocked the Obsidians a little early. We didn't want to chance it that they would have the same fate as the Imperial Gold Deck.

The Obsidian Decks are available as Add-Ons and new Pledge Tiers. There's also a new Black Brick Box that comes with a mix Brick of Obsidians!

Thanks, Randy

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1380523977/ornate-playing-cards-white-edition

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2014, 07:13:54 AM »

splice42

• True Member
Hot diggity! Screw you, wallet! You'll take it and you'll like it!

But really, I like those obsidians. A lot. I love you. It's tax season. I hate you.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 07:14:09 AM by splice42 »

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2014, 09:46:25 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Hot diggity! Screw you, wallet! You'll take it and you'll like it!

But really, I like those obsidians. A lot. I love you. It's tax season. I hate you.

ROFL!!! You're in my head!

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2014, 02:19:59 PM »

splice42

• True Member
Less than ~$1k before the obsidian coins unlock. Baby needs a new card cap!

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2014, 09:35:28 AM »

splice42

• True Member
Heads up, guys, there's less than 3 hours remaining on this, and the embossed obsidian brick box has been achieved. The wait until it makes it to the door is going to be a real tough one.

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2014, 04:03:06 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Hey Everyone,

I'll be doing a Kickstarter Update tonight with some more pics, but I wanted to post these now to show how the Brick Boxes look. They turned out beautifully!! The Embossing looks cool and is more detailed than the printer expected it to be with the extremely thick Paper Stock. I started signing each one last night.

No news from USPCC yet on the Decks, but you never know with them. They should be finished in a week or two (hopefully).

thanks, Randy

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2014, 11:00:40 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:

The remaining ORNATES are now available on the HOPC site!

http://houseofplayingcards.com/playing-cards/white-ornate-playing-cards.html

thanks, Randy

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2014, 07:29:15 AM »

splice42

• True Member
Looks nice. I hope I'll get the cards I paid for all those months ago before people who didn't contribute to the kickstarter get theirs. You said you shipped everything, but without a tracking number I have no idea where my cards are at or when I should get them. Not really happy with that. I might have bought more if I had the cards in hand and knew whether I really liked them or not.

I'm actually a bit scared that somehow I won't get my cards, you'll run out of extra obsidians, and I just won't get my brick. I hope I'm far off the mark. A tracking number would have alleviated all of that.

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
Looks nice. I hope I'll get the cards I paid for all those months ago before people who didn't contribute to the kickstarter get theirs. You said you shipped everything, but without a tracking number I have no idea where my cards are at or when I should get them. Not really happy with that. I might have bought more if I had the cards in hand and knew whether I really liked them or not.

I'm actually a bit scared that somehow I won't get my cards, you'll run out of extra obsidians, and I just won't get my brick. I hope I'm far off the mark. A tracking number would have alleviated all of that.

Why didn't you just send a quick PM to the HOPC KS account and ask for the Tracking Number? We stated a few times that we would send Tracking Numbers that way. I don't have access to them, but Kevin would look it up and get right back to you.

thanks, Randy

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2014, 01:06:54 PM »

splice42

• True Member
Must have missed that or misread, I thought I had read that you weren't providing tracking numbers. I just searched in my email, and update #29 specifically said:

Tracking numbers will be logged on our end, but we will not be sending individual tracking updates to each backer for the sake of time.

I don't see anything else in that update about getting tracking numbers via a PM here. I don't have any more recent results about the Ornate kickstarter which contains "tracking". I reread updates #30-#35 just now and I haven't seen anything that says we can get our tracking numbers. I just searched this thread for "tracking" and my post is the first match.

If I missed something obvious I'm perfectly willing to admit that, but whether it's through the project emails I've received or this thread (pretty much my only two points of contact with the project), I've seen nothing about tracking numbers at all except one explicit statement saying they would not be sent.

I will send a PM on KS later when I have access to that account. Thanks.

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2014, 01:21:34 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Regarding tracking info, it was mentioned in the comments section on update #30. That's how I found about it and requested for mine.

Did u not send a message through KS and ask for one?
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2014, 01:49:09 PM »

splice42

• True Member
I get updates about the project by reading the project updates sent by email. As for your question, the answer is in my post above yours.

EDIT: I sent them a PM and they're on it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:10:15 PM by splice42 »

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2014, 03:50:30 PM »

RandyButterfield

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

• Twitter:
I get updates about the project by reading the project updates sent by email. As for your question, the answer is in my post above yours.

EDIT: I sent them a PM and they're on it.

Hey Spice42,

I thought I had said it in one of the KS Updates. I knew I had mentioned a few times on the project page and UC, but I guess it wasn't in an actual Update or over here. Sorry about that!

A lot of Backers ended up sending PMs to get their Tracking Numbers over the last few weeks, so it's hard to keep track of when and where we ask to send us a PM for Tracking info. We were NOT happy at all about the fulfillment center's performance on this project. It was a tough one to handle!

thanks, Randy