You are Here:
The second edition of the Lumberjacks

Author (Read 39845 times)

Re: The second edition of the Lumberjacks
« Reply #200 on: January 30, 2015, 06:55:50 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Tuck box :)

The flannel interior is a nice touch.  Anxiously awaiting the kickstarter launch....

Agree. So, let's start this hype :)
http://playingcardcollector.net/2015/01/27/2015-week-4-upcoming-decks/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2015, 10:08:05 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Thanks Collector! I saw that you had a "?" for the printer. The cards will be printed by USPCC!

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:08:39 AM by Kleetz »

« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2015, 11:47:18 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks Collector! I saw that you had a "?" for the printer. The cards will be printed by USPCC!

Thanks again!

They pretty much have to be, with the Bicycle branding on them!  :))  Good luck on the impending launch.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2015, 07:27:25 PM »

naggarwal

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:
You can just take my money right now, because I know that this project will be funded and in fact it will hit the sealing. It is an amazing looking deck and it is so nice to go through the development through the thread. I hope I will be able to do something this Summer break. Good work! I will wait to see the kickstarter for this.
Notice how there are 26 cards of either color in each deck, a number equal to letters in English alphabet. You can hide a message with cards in a deck if it is simple enough.

My collection is https://playingcarddb.com/mycollection?u=7189, I hope you will like it.

« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2015, 10:31:33 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
You can just take my money right now, because I know that this project will be funded and in fact it will hit the sealing. It is an amazing looking deck and it is so nice to go through the development through the thread. I hope I will be able to do something this Summer break. Good work! I will wait to see the kickstarter for this.

Haha, thanks naggarwal, really means a lot!

« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2015, 10:38:59 PM »

naggarwal

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

Haha, thanks naggarwal, really means a lot!

Hello, it is Nitin. I did sign up for the notification thing. I am looking forward to the KS launch of this deck. Count me in for backing this project. It was a nice idea and final product is looking amazing. Good luck!
Notice how there are 26 cards of either color in each deck, a number equal to letters in English alphabet. You can hide a message with cards in a deck if it is simple enough.

My collection is https://playingcarddb.com/mycollection?u=7189, I hope you will like it.

« Reply #206 on: February 17, 2015, 12:46:08 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Hello, it is Nitin. I did sign up for the notification thing. I am looking forward to the KS launch of this deck. Count me in for backing this project. It was a nice idea and final product is looking amazing. Good luck!

Thanks! I wanted to launch this week but the weather had something to say about that. So we had to postpone the video until next week. My hope is to launch next mid-end of next week. I'll post updates as I have them!

« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2015, 04:02:40 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Great news!

We've shot and edited the video. So mark your calendars, the Lumberjacks go live on Kickstarter March 9th!

Check out the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-grZ2GDqp8

Also, subscribe and I'll let you know as soon as it goes live on the 9th: http://lumberjackplayingcards.com/2ndedition/

Best,
Kleetz

« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2015, 11:49:58 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Here's a preview of the upcoming KS campaign: http://tinyurl.com/pas3758

Let me know what you guys think (prices, layout, rewards)! I'm purposefully (for now) not offering t-shirts, posters, clips, chips, etc. because all those things drive cost up and could potentially delay delivery.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:55:42 AM by Kleetz »

« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2015, 12:35:27 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
$40 per uncut is pretty steep in my opinion.

Does the $15 for one include international shipping or just US? While I don't target single decks usually, a lot of people do the one or two. If it's just US how much more will international shipping be?

These will be USPCC shipped, there isn't any ocean travel cost on the 2,500. Shipping seems high. The EB's will be popular though.

I don't mind a campaign for playing cards that is just playing cards myself. I've never gone in for chips on a campaign. Card clips are cool but if you have one or two, you're pretty well set. Card guards and dealer buttons are always fun though.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2015, 02:04:15 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Does the $15 for one include international shipping or just US? While I don't target single decks usually, a lot of people do the one or two. If it's just US how much more will international shipping be?

Really? Okay, I'll have another look at uncut sheet pricing.

Currently, $15 cover US shipping. additional $4 for Canada and $8 everywhere else. It costs about $6-8 to ship to Canada I believe and $10-12 everywhere else.

« Reply #211 on: March 03, 2015, 01:00:54 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Here's a preview of the upcoming KS campaign: http://tinyurl.com/pas3758

Let me know what you guys think (prices, layout, rewards)! I'm purposefully (for now) not offering t-shirts, posters, clips, chips, etc. because all those things drive cost up and could potentially delay delivery.

There is a growing trend in this direction - I see it as a good thing.  I have enough collectibles cluttering up my home as it is!  :))

Really? Okay, I'll have another look at uncut sheet pricing.

Currently, $15 cover US shipping. additional $4 for Canada and $8 everywhere else. It costs about $6-8 to ship to Canada I believe and $10-12 everywhere else.

The pricing isn't awful on the uncuts.  Typically, I've seen $25 on the low end for custom deck uncuts and as high as $150 or so, but there's usually a reason justifying the higher prices.  In your case, where the edition is limited to a grand total of only 20 to be sold (and only half sold without having to buy a brick as well), you might justify the higher price based on rarity.

« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2015, 02:25:08 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
There is a growing trend in this direction - I see it as a good thing.  I have enough collectibles cluttering up my home as it is!  :))

One only has enough wall space!

I'm also interested to hear peoples thoughts on the price tiers.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:26:14 PM by Kleetz »

« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2015, 01:46:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The smaller tiers look rather costly, but if the prices included US shipping, I'd say they're justified.  Otherwise, no - too high, especially when you factor in the much-lower price of the 1st Edition decks - in every single tier, the 2nd Edition is at least $3 more than the 1st Edition, while the 1st Edition normally would be harder to obtain.

On the plus side, your larger tiers are more affordable, with prices dropping off steeply.

I'd suggest that you bring down the price of the 2nd Edition decks, and slightly raise the price of the 1st Editions, perhaps in the range of $8 or $9.  As it stands now, that first tier (not counting early bird pricing) is more than double the cost of the 1st Edition decks - narrow that gap a bit.  You can afford to raise the 1st Ed. price a bit - right now, your site is charging $10 for them, Art of Play is charging $12...  Bringing the price up a bit but still below retail will be an added draw to backers AND you can use the extra cash to either take more profit or lower the price of the 2nd Ed. to sweeten that appeal.

« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2015, 03:24:09 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
I'm also interested to hear peoples thoughts on the price tiers.

They're your numbers, you're the one who's going to know them best. What you feel the public will pay and what you want per deck has to even out at some point. That's not something anyone can tell you though. How you value your work is entirely up to you. Whether the public wants to pay whatever its, that's up to them.

I think given the recent shipping changes we've seen on KS you may be hurting yourself charging $9 shipping one deck to Canada and only more pain on the international scale but, that's going off a $10 deck. Maybe the deck is $13 and you're given them a break? No idea though, they're your numbers.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I made some updates to the reward tiers, removed some rewards and added the uncut sheet as an add-on. It's still in the works so keep the suggestions coming!

Here's a bigger version of the uncut:

I'm holding out on the last gaff card for now, I'll make an update in the upcoming weeks. :)

Best,
Kleetz
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:51:25 AM by Kleetz »

« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2015, 09:28:18 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
I am not sure that it's a good idea to reveal all court cards at once.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2015, 11:13:41 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Actually, it's not a bad idea. I can post updates revealing more cards.

Thanks collector!
-Kleetz
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 12:37:04 PM by Kleetz »

« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2015, 10:28:26 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

Actually, it's not a bad idea. I can post updates revealing more cards.

Thanks collector!
-Kleetz

I think you didn't understand me. From what I understand on the basis of your test Kickstarter page - you are going to reveal all faces at the start of your campaign. So, you won't be able to reveal something due to that. That's why I said what I said. And I think that it is important to reveal faces step by step on Kickstarter because it helps to keep crowd's interest in your project on a higher level. Just thoughts ;)

« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2015, 01:47:51 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I think you didn't understand me. From what I understand on the basis of your test Kickstarter page - you are going to reveal all faces at the start of your campaign. So, you won't be able to reveal something due to that. That's why I said what I said. And I think that it is important to reveal faces step by step on Kickstarter because it helps to keep crowd's interest in your project on a higher level. Just thoughts ;)

That's a matter of opinion, Collector.  Personally, before I back a project, I like to SEE what it is I'm backing!  :))  I don't need to be strung along with silly, unnecessary teasers - I'm a big boy now.

« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2015, 11:50:35 AM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

That's a matter of opinion, Collector.  Personally, before I back a project, I like to SEE what it is I'm backing!  :))  I don't need to be strung along with silly, unnecessary teasers - I'm a big boy now.

Are you going personally to secure the funding of this project? :)

It's a matter of opinion. But as a big boy you could see a lot of strange or even illogical things these days. Don't you know that 60% of on-line materials are written not for people but for Google and Bing :) Re-read all those "amazing" instructions "How to attract 10000000... on-line users to your product", etc. Entertaining reading... till the moment you understand that it really works for modern users :O

« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2015, 12:42:25 PM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

I have to agree with Don on this. I considered what you said, implemented it, and showed it to my co-workers. Both said that they are there (on Kickstarter) to potentially back something. They want to see as much of the product as possible.

Which makes sense, would buy something where you're not sure what you're getting?

-Kleetz

« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2015, 02:19:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Are you going personally to secure the funding of this project? :)

It's a matter of opinion. But as a big boy you could see a lot of strange or even illogical things these days. Don't you know that 60% of on-line materials are written not for people but for Google and Bing :) Re-read all those "amazing" instructions "How to attract 10000000... on-line users to your product", etc. Entertaining reading... till the moment you understand that it really works for modern users :O

Collector, drop it.  It's an opinion.  Agree to disagree and leave it be.  We've hijacked this thread enough.

« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2015, 06:29:35 AM »

Magasaki

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
It's the 9th here - looking forward to this launching!
Collection and Blog - www.magasaki.com
Studio - www.designsharp.co.uk
Blog Facebook - www.facebook.com/magasakicards
Personal Facebook - www.facebook.com/tommajski

« Reply #224 on: March 09, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »

Vadim Smolenskiy

• Discourse Lover
  • 2nd Edition

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
It's the 9th here - looking forward to this launching!

Glad to hear it! It'll be launched 1pm today! Gotta be honest, I'm like 80% excited, 20% nervous!