You are Here:
Hai guise

Author (Read 642 times)

Hai guise
« on: September 22, 2012, 01:14:11 AM »

sway

• Forum Regular
You know how things usually go on the internet forums. I've been lurking around for way to long now, but not anymore. And it feels nice to finally take the time to register in a playing cards forum and actively participate.

Well, let me introduce myself, my name is Gustavo and I'm from Brazil. I've been collecting since late 2010 and I consider myself a newbie in terms of cardistry, although it's something that really interests me.

I see playing cards as small pieces of artwork. Having the opportunity to own some of them is rewarding to me because I believe beauty and awesomeness can make our lives better. Having a hobby like a collection is a way to express oneself and expose your identity and tastes to people around you.

I hope I can meet some of you guys and successfully engage into discussion.

Since I'm not a native English speaker, I'd appreciate possible corrections.

Thanks!

Re: Hai guise
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 02:45:19 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
As I mentioned before, your English is better than perhaps 90% of the people posting here.

Welcome aboard, and thanks for coming out of the shadows and into the light!  As I'm sure you know from reading, we're generally pretty friendly here.  If you have a question that can't be answered by the search feature, just drop a PM to one of the moderators, such as me.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 12:29:13 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

WELCOME TO THE DISCOURSE!

Hi there Gustavo! Thanks for joining us here at Aethercards: The Discourse forums! Its nice to have a lurker turn member ^-^.
We have a lot of people from different walks of (cardistry) life here. Some just started collecting, others have been collecting for decades. Others are Pro cardists, and others are jut starting out, but we don't really pay much attention to how much or how long we've been card-people. Its a really great community here. I love everyone here at Athercards. :P **winkwink**

I totally agree with you in seeing playing cards as 52 pieces of "portable" artwork :D And being able to handle those artworks with style, grace, and awesomeness adds "amazingness" to the cardistry craft.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you will find a lot of topics here (
if you haven't' already since you've been lurking around for some time right?) that you will like and find interesting. Specially in the Cardistry section.  Don't forget if you are looking for a specific topic/subject you can always use the search tool which if such a heaven sent for me. If you can't find the topic you are looking for, feel free to start it in the appropriate forum section. We love NEW things to talk about. We are looking forward to your posts and replies.

Oh and in case you have any questions or concerns, feel free and don't hesitate to PM any of us Moderators or admins. We will be more than happy to help you out with whatever it might be.

And don't worry about your English just like Don said because your English is probably even better than mine.
(I'm also not a native English speaker but I consider myself super fluent in typical American speech ehehhhe)

xoxo
Lara

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
^ If that is not the most unique welcoming ever, then call me Oprah and eat my kids.

Welcome to the boards, Dean Martin.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 08:43:54 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

@alex  you know I always try ^-^

@Gustavo - don't mind the cannibalistic ways of our dear alex. He is a very very disturbed mad we all love dearly. Hhahaahah!!!