You are Here:
New Playing Cards designer on board!

Author (Read 2679 times)

New Playing Cards designer on board!
« on: August 06, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

My name is Lily. I got an invitation to this board from Alex via Facebook today. I am an artist and Graphic Designer from Germany but recently I got also into the playing cards business because I created a deck of playing cards: The Chromatic Deck. I printed a small edition of 200 copies but not in USPCC standard. The deck comes either in a transparent plastic box or in a metal box. It's only available on my website. But I plan to release a second edition based on USPCC standards, I am in the process to flesh that out.

:D Like the Chromatic Deck on Facebook

I hope some of you can help me with this project. I am still very new in the cardist community but I am willing to learn. On the other hand I am ready to share my experiences and knowledge as a Graphic Designer. You can see most of my works in my deviantART Gallery.

It's good to be here. Have you all a great day!

Lily

Re: New Playing Cards designer on board!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 10:27:42 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
The USPCC editions, I believe, will be amazing. Your pip designs are absolutely awesome and that back design would keep me playing with the cards all day.

There's a lot of really talented people here with lots of USPCC experience, so feel free to ask any questions and throw in your own expertise too. :)

Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:33:25 PM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

It feels good to hear that, Alex. Thanks! I am eager to take part in this community.  :D

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 12:46:13 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Welcome aboard the Discourse Lilyas. We are glad to have you hear!! I am going to be looking forward to seeing the second version of your Chromatic Deck.

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 12:57:35 AM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
If you give that deck thion borders it will look amazing in fans!
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 01:29:05 AM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

Welcome aboard the Discourse Lilyas. We are glad to have you hear!! I am going to be looking forward to seeing the second version of your Chromatic Deck.
Thank you, Austin!

Did you mean "thin" borders?  :-\
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:31:26 AM by Lilyas »

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 01:39:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Did you mean "thin" borders?  :-\

Yes, he did!  You get used to typos and misspellings after a while!

Welcome to the Discourse.  I'm sure you'll find yourself in good company.  We can be an opinionated bunch, but that comes mostly out of the common desire to see the best playing cards possible hitting the market.

If you have any questions, remember the old expression: "The only stupid questions are the ones you fail to ask!"  Take a run through the boards and see what we're all about - the search function will be your friend in sifting through the thousands of messages here so far.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 09:06:17 AM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

Welcome to the Discourse.  I'm sure you'll find yourself in good company.  We can be an opinionated bunch, but that comes mostly out of the common desire to see the best playing cards possible hitting the market.

If you have any questions, remember the old expression: "The only stupid questions are the ones you fail to ask!"  Take a run through the boards and see what we're all about - the search function will be your friend in sifting through the thousands of messages here so far.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Don! Wow, you are the member with the most posts here on this board - over 5000 within less than a year, respect! :)

Opinions are good, that's what we need for inspiration. I am still investigating what the best decks on the market are. Can you please make me a complete list? He he!  ;D (You said I can't ask stupid questions.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:06:47 AM by Lilyas »

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 09:27:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Thanks for the warm welcome, Don! Wow, you are the member with the most posts here on this board - over 5000 within less than a year, respect! :)

Opinions are good, that's what we need for inspiration. I am still investigating what the best decks on the market are. Can you please make me a complete list? He he!  ;D (You said I can't ask stupid questions.)

True enough - but it's a pretty subjective question!

I have a few favorites decks.  Exotic: Moth/Myth and The Watcher, both made by Misdirection's Mystery.  Not easy to find - Moth/Myth runs about $50 a pack, and The Watcher with the extra gaff cards goes for around $35, last time I looked.  Common: I love Tally Ho decks!  I like the design of the Circle Back, but the Fan Back is my choice for poker (the Circle Back design was altered at some point and now has a subtle one-way mark).  "In-between" custom decks: wow, too many...  Monarchs, NOCs, Mechanics, Artifice, Series 1800s, Karnival Dose Redux, Bee Stingers, Aristocrat Banknote reprints, all David Blaine decks...  The list grows and grows...

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 09:44:57 AM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

That's why I am so confused. I need weeks without doing anything else to get a complete overview on everything out there. Phew!!! But thanks for sharing your favourites!

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 11:59:15 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

OMG OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! I <3 your work!!!!

well first it is my delightful duty to WELCOME you to the DISCOURSE! So Warmest welcome from me and from all of us! We always love having great designers on board and I must say... as a girl, I EFFIN love this deck! if you are making a USPCC version of this SIGN me up for for a couple! OMG! (there goes my savings yet again)

anyway, I hope you like it here with us. We are all fun loving people. Tons of topics here for ya! You can lurk around the development forums to see all the ruckus and raves about the USPCC cards and Rajas as well. so you can get a more clear vision on your target market. Collectors, magicians, cardists, and enthusiasts and of course the designers.
Use the SEARCH option if you are looking for a particular topic. It really comes in handy. :P If you can't find what you're looking for then feel free to start the discussion. :P

Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to message any of us (admin/moderators) and we will be more than happy to help you out with whatever it may be.  Other than that just have TONS of fun!

I'm really looking forward to your "USPCC" version of your Chromatic Deck!!!!

Finally a girl designer! (you are a girl right?)

xoxo
Lara

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

OMG OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! I <3 your work!!!!

well first it is my delightful duty to WELCOME you to the DISCOURSE! So Warmest welcome from me and from all of us! We always love having great designers on board and I must say... as a girl, I EFFIN love this deck! if you are making a USPCC version of this SIGN me up for for a couple! OMG! (there goes my savings yet again)...

...I'm really looking forward to your "USPCC" version of your Chromatic Deck!!!!

Aww, you are a darling, Lara! Thank you!

anyway, I hope you like it here with us. We are all fun loving people. Tons of topics here for ya! You can lurk around the development forums to see all the ruckus and raves about the USPCC cards and Rajas as well. so you can get a more clear vision on your target market. Collectors, magicians, cardists, and enthusiasts and of course the designers.
Use the SEARCH option if you are looking for a particular topic. It really comes in handy. :P If you can't find what you're looking for then feel free to start the discussion. :P

Oh my Goodness, I see myself spending too much time doing this - time that will be cut off from my active working time. Tricky situation.

Finally a girl designer! (you are a girl right?)

I am indeed, he he! Check my appearance: Pictures of Lily

Now that you are saying it I realize that I don't know any other female playing card designer! Wow, that's astonishing! Do you know someone?

Thanks again for this heartwarming welcome, Lara! I am glad to be here.

Lily

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 06:38:45 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

I wish to be one. LoL! I have so many things in mind but as I've mentioned to people, my drawing skills are poor to say the least. :P (failed freehand drawing :( ) but still. I do try to just doodle and see what i come p and maybe work with someone who can turn my visions into reality.

oh and BTW... you are GORGEOUSSSSSSSSSS!

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 05:48:29 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

The photo of you with your hair over your face and the shades on - PRICELESS!  I was laughing at my desk at work!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:48:59 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Welcome to the forums! I read you trades post before this thread, and sorry for being a bit rude. I doubted you were just a scam wanting to trade a deck that looks nice but never existed in the first place. Now I trust you, and I can't wait to see a USPCC version. Welcome!

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 12:45:53 PM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

The photo of you with your hair over your face and the shades on - PRICELESS!  I was laughing at my desk at work!

Yeah, isn't that a hilarious picture!?   I have to laugh myself everytime I look at it. I remember I had really fun when I did this. Did you notice the cigarette in my mouth? Well, I mean in that place where my mouth is supposed to be. ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:58:34 PM by Lilyas »

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »

Lilyas

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

Welcome to the forums! I read you trades post before this thread, and sorry for being a bit rude. I doubted you were just a scam wanting to trade a deck that looks nice but never existed in the first place. Now I trust you, and I can't wait to see a USPCC version. Welcome!

Aw, you really thought that? But never mind, the Internet is a dangerous place and it's better to be careful. So no harm done.

Yeah, I am so excited to work on the new edition! I can't wait to hold it in my hands. I tell you - it's going to be AWESOME!!! Keep in touch and thanks for the welcome!