You are Here:
Hey There Everyone

Author (Read 470 times)

Hey There Everyone
« on: June 06, 2012, 06:41:30 PM »

The Symbolist Tarot

• Newcomer
I am new to the board and I was made aware of this site by the analytics on my site. 

I am a Tarot deck designer and Don Boyer was nice enough to post about my new deck in development through Kickstarter, The Symbolist Tarot.  This site seems to be mainly for poker decks and magicians but I thought I'd introduce myself anyway. 

Cheers,

https://www.facebook.com/TheSymbolistTarot

Re: Hey There Everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 03:42:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It's always good to have another member - welcome aboard.

It's not as common for a magician to make use of a Tarot deck in his or her act, but it's also not unheard of, either.  In fact, Card-Shark.de sells a Tarot deck in a Medieval design, complete with marking on the backs to identify each card!

Ladies and gentlemen of the board, this particular Tarot deck is worth a look, really.  You should check it out if you haven't already.  Granted the price of a deck as a Kickstarter reward isn't cheap, but Tarot decks usually aren't in no small part due to the larger card size and greater number of cards in the deck.

(One thing to bear in mind is that some board members - many, in fact - have become a bit more sensitive to a deck's price.  It's not a great economy and people all over are tightening belts.  We've even got one man selling his whole collection to raise some money for medical expenses.)
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 05:37:13 AM »

MSimonart

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
Welcome to you,

It's always nice to discover new types of designers like you. I never really thought about Tarot cards before like being a designable element.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

Hey there welcome to the discourse.
I hope you have a great time here. I know I always do specially during my down days :)

Its nice that you came here to joine us. I think it really good to have a diversity of people. Some members here are (i think) interested in tarot decks from what i recall in past thread discussions. I used to dabble in tarot myself until it was too much for me to handle. :P LoL

I hope you have a great day.