You are Here:
Greetings...

Author (Read 809 times)

Greetings...
« on: June 05, 2012, 04:00:06 PM »

z1g

• Newcomer
  • Irony is the "b" in subtle
Found this forum by reading a recommendation, browsed as a guest for a while, terrific info, took the plunge and registered. ;)

new to cards/magic but am 100% addicted now.  Looking too learn more about the history and increase my collection. which stands at a pitiful 4 x decks (standard), 1xinvisible deck, and 1xmillion dollar monte ;)

Yeah, embarrassing too be sure!

edit: I have Deck one v1 on the way, red artifice (in two minds about dropping the money), and many others on the wish list ;P much to learn yet.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:12:43 PM by z1g »
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." (Douglas Adams)

Re: Greetings...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
welcome to the forum z1g glad to have another member in here have fun searching .

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll enjoy it here!
To get to know you better, which of these would you describe yourself more as?
Magician, Flourisher, or Collector? I'm guessing Magician and Collector by the decks you own. Any ways, good luck with your collection, and hope to see you soon!

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
Welcome to the forums z1g! Say, where did the inspiration of your name come from?
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 08:49:24 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

[WELCOME]  [TO]  [THE]  [DISCOURSE!!!!]

Hey z1g! Glad to have you aboard!!
You don't have to be embarrased with your budding collection. :P Everyone had to start somewhere right? Next thing you know you'll be like Don with decks to last him several lifetimes (i'm not even exaggerating). My collection is also small. But I'm working hard (but slow) on it.
I hope you have a great time here in the forums! There are a lot of topics that I'm sure you will love. The Playing Card Plethora is one of the best places to get the juicy news on new and upcoming decks that you can add to your collection :P If you are in search for a particular topic, we have a SEARCH option you can use and it is really quite handy. In any case you don't find the topic you were looking for in the search bar feel free to start your own thread. :P We like new threads! (don't we guys?) if you have any questions or concerns or need help with anything please do not hesistate to PM us (admins/mods) we are more than happy to help you out.

Other than that, I hope you have a great time here ^-^

See you around okay?

xoxo
Lara
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:53:29 PM by Lara Krystle "Lane" »

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 12:42:22 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Next thing you know you'll be like Don with decks to last him several lifetimes (i'm not even exaggerating). My collection is also small. But I'm working hard (but slow) on it.

I don't know about several...  But if I opened one deck every single day, used only that deck for the day, then set it aside into a "used" pile and fetched a different deck the next day from the unused ones, I'd have enough decks to go for about three years or so before I ran out!  Not that I open ALL of them; a guy's gotta have his reinforcements, right?

Z1g, welcome.  Pull up a chair, there's plenty of room at the table for another player - we'll deal you in!

Remember one thing - every single person here started their playing card collections from something.  Before I started serious collecting, I could fit all the decks I possessed into a lunch box.  Now I have an entire shelving unit filled.  But the most interesting part?  I only started collection just under eighteen MONTHS ago!  Now I've even begun branching out and getting vintage decks as well, though that collection is far from impressive - about a dozen decks or so.

You can ask any questions you need answered about cards, magic or flourishing (and maybe even poker) - ask politely, I practically guarantee that someone here either knows the answer or knows someone who knows the answer.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:43:21 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 02:04:59 AM »

z1g

• Newcomer
  • Irony is the "b" in subtle
Thanks all for the welcome;)

Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll enjoy it here!
To get to know you better, which of these would you describe yourself more as?
Magician, Flourisher, or Collector? I'm guessing Magician and Collector by the decks you own. Any ways, good luck with your collection, and hope to see you soon!

For me it went like this, started becoming interested in card tricks, bought the cheapest possible Bicycle decks I could get (as every trick used them) - got a twin pack, destroyed 1 pack in trying to learn flourishes (Hey it looks great but when your not used to the hand positioning things bend and crease) ;) many hours of practice still required.

That deck became a Card Box as seen here ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMYdI7bGmtg

I am still on the basics of card tricks/flourish but practicing every day, because of this got interested in bicycle cards as they feel awesome (having never used them before). Started to research into them, and discovered the variety on offer. Watching YouTube video's of all these people with amasing collections and hearing from them about limited edition's etc.

At the moment I am in a collector mood, as the designs are amasing - although it must be hard to have an unopened *rare* deck and not be tempted to open it ;)

So US cards are on my wish list, but I am also interested in English decks (De La Rue whom was French)??

Welcome to the forums z1g! Say, where did the inspiration of your name come from?

I had a dog called ziggee (Rhodesian ridgeback) ;)

Now I've even begun branching out and getting vintage decks as well, though that collection is far from impressive - about a dozen decks or so.

I have a deck of 1930's bicycle (on the way which are used and abused - ie. cheap) that will become some form of wall display, testing out my *cough* creative side ;P
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:31:41 AM by z1g »
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." (Douglas Adams)