You are Here:
Skallops : Kickstarter project

Author (Read 3488 times)

Re: Skallops : Kickstarter project
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »

dmbaggs

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:

Here's the new update for this project!! Some awesome news!

"It's been wild lately, thanks to all of you! We shot past $25,000, then $40,000, then $50,000, all in the last week. Many of you found us through the Kickstarter weekly email, and so we wanted to give a big Thanks! to Kickstarter for mentioning us and also to you for clicking through, watching our video, and backing us.
Since we've gotten so far past our initial goal, we've been looking into things we can do with the increased funding. One of our crazy ideas when we first came up with the Skallops was to include a deck of playing cards where every card featured a different construction technique. 52 different ways to build—it would be way cooler than any instruction booklet we could include. But we shelved the idea because of the large minimum order we would need for quality custom cards
Now that we've gotten so far beyond our original goal, we called up Bicycle and checked the details. And it turns out that because of all your support, we're close to being able to do it!
So what do we need? If we can raise $75,000 before the project ends on January 30th, then we will be able to create and print the Skallops Construction Guide deck of cards. We'll send one with every pledge, for no extra cost, in addition to the card decks that are already a part of your pledge.
We can do it with your help! Send a link to our project to your friends who might be interested, post to Facebook and Twitter, and help us get the word out. If each of you finds one additional backer, we'll be there in no time at all and we'll be sending you a sweet custom deck.
We're starting to talk to a graphic designer about the card images, but here are some simple mockups we've done of a few of the most important shapes we use when we're building structures: the equilateral truss, the two clipped together Skallops, and the simple card house tee-pee. As we get more (*ahem*) professional assistance in the diagrams, we'll post updates, including our ideas for the backs.
Designingly,
Evan, Marshall, and Mike

"
So it looks like this one could end up coming with a custom USPCC deck!! Pretty awesome and maybe that makes those who weren't interested at first think twice haha.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:24:43 PM by brown_baggs »
Most Recent Addition | White Lions | A. Bandit
Decks I Want | English Laundry | Bape x Bicycle Deck | Absolut Deck

Re: Skallops : Kickstarter project
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »

Lushbob

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
The idea of getting a custom deck with my pledge is certainly very attractive...
But with the minimum pledge being $30, I think I'll give this one a miss.
"What have future generations ever done for us?" - Groucho Marx