• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
LTD Deck Review

Hey guys, today I received part 2 of my 2 part order from Ellusionist and it was 1 LTD deck. What happened was I ordered my $150 order while they had the LTD's with 1 $150 order and they forgot to put 1 of the LTD's in with it. So I talked to Marcus about it and he sent the other 1 out to me and it was the first to arrive. So here is my attempt of writing a review and I will have a video review up later because I am still testing the deck out. Please tell me if this is a good review or not, and please give Constructive Criticism on how I can make it better.

Box Design

So first things first.

The box is a nice deep red or otherwise Scarlet/ deep red wine color. The back of the box is just a nice plain Scarlet color with no design, one side of the box says "Limited Edition Playing Cards" and the other side says :Ellusionist Playing Card company - Made in USA". The front of the box says "LTD." in a circle with a floral type background. All of the writing is white. On the bottom of the box it has all of the Information where it was made with a small Ellusionist symbol. The flap of the box is the modern small tongue and on it, it has "ltd.". This box is the first ever to be printed on the inside and it says "limited." in it. If you look into the box and have light shining on it, you can actually see the front design through the box.

IMO I love the simplicity of the box design rather than being cluttered like a Standard bicycle deck box, it feels more Durable than most other boxes around and it makes it look more elegant than usual.

The Cards

The deck comes with 1 double backer card like most Ellusionist decks and comes with an Ellusionist Add Card. You get 2 identical jokers which are very, very unique and they tie in well with the deck. The joker depict looking like marionette dolls because of the hand above the lower case "jay" with stings coming off it. At the bottom it says "joker".

All of the pips on the deck have been made smaller and the black pips have become silver and all of the red pips are the deep Scarlet color. The Ace of spades does not tie in well with the deck since it is black rather than silver like the pips.  The court cards are standard pictures but just with the colors: Scarlet, black and silver and all of the queens are holding flowers. It is a bordered deck so it is good for magicians that do card reversing tricks.

The back design is a diamond pattern but the a clubbed look to it. in the middle of the clubbed edged diamonds, it has tiny red diamonds on the inside and around near the edges it fades to the border.

IMO it is a beautiful deck and would look really beautiful in flourishes but the back design hurts your eyes after a while of looking at it.

Feeling of the Deck

This deck is ready to go straight out of the box after opening and has a soft but springy stock. It is perfect for springing, fanning and spreading because it does not clump and the same goes for riffle shuffles and dribbles. It faro's almost perfectly in both directions and the decks has been made brilliantly.

I do not know what stock it has but it does have magic finish/ Performance coating/ Premium finish and it is excellent!

IMO it has been wonderfully made and has not one fault I have found so far, except for the warping of the deck in the box.

Thank you for Reading and please use constructive criticism since this is my first written review on a deck.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:34:44 AM by Five »
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: My LTD Deck Review
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:20:50 AM »

moonexe

• Lurker

• Facebook:
I'm pretty sure you mean scarlet, not claret. Scarlet is a color, while claret is a type of wine. ::)
Anyway, that's a very detailed review, but when you do the video, don't spend too much time on the box. I hate when people spend more time on the box than on the deck itself(And describe it in great detail as if we couldn't see it...)

As fo the text review, you might wanna keep things more simple in some places. I can see that you're trying to make the description as detailed as you can, but sometimes it just makes it confusing and a bit more simplicity would be more effective imo. ;)

Also, the LTD deck has magic finish, you can tell by both the feel and the smell. I'm still not entirely sure what stock it is though, and I'd really like to know.
Grin like a Cheshire cat, and remember: we're all mad here.

Re: My LTD Deck Review
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 01:36:27 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
Thank you, I have fixed it but I'll try use what you said in my next written review with a different deck! :)
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee