You are Here:
Lance Miller Decks is proud to present Pandora.

Author (Read 2516 times)

Lance Miller Decks is proud to present Pandora.
« on: March 22, 2012, 10:10:55 AM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Pandora is the effect that comes with your purchase of the Bicycle Actuators Deck. It is brought to you by the mind of Jacob Hanson. He's been carrying this effect in his pocket for 5 years and has finally decided to share it with the world. Pandaora is featured exclusively with the Artist's Edition Actuators Deck which can be purchased at: http://lancemillerdecks.com

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rIw9KD6cTTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

- Lance

P.S. Side question** Any chance we'll be able to embed video codes soon Alex?

Re: Lance Miller Decks is proud to present Pandora.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 10:56:47 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Wow. That is AWESOME LOOKING! Wow! I have a question. When will the Actuators B&W be available on your site?

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:20 AM »

Siegismyname

• Discourse Deity
  • Food. Magic. Music
That effect is pretty cool. So it comes free with every deck? Can the effect be done with other decks?

On a side note. Shouldn't this be in the magic section?

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:48:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
That effect is pretty cool. So it comes free with every deck? Can the effect be done with other decks?

From the way it looks, I'm guessing that it is one of the gaff cards that are included in every deck, so I assume so. It is probably the "Mystery" card that he never really officially revealed.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 02:20:44 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

From the way it looks, I'm guessing that it is one of the gaff cards that are included in every deck, so I assume so. It is probably the "Mystery" card that he never really officially revealed.
I'm guessing that its only do-able with this deck, although the principle behind it maybe possible with decks with a similar design. JMO

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
If I remember right, the magic maker's black deck (maybe the reverse deck?) comes with a gaff card that you could modify to do this effect but it wouldn't look nearly as good.  Assuming I've got the method right, of course.

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

Yes this comes with every deck. It could be done with other decks but you'd have to make a gaff for it.

Sorry I posted it in the wrong place, Figured since it dealt with my deck it would be a Playing Card related post.

- Lance

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 06:31:45 PM »

Curt

• Don't Use This!
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Looks awesome Lance, I am even more excited to get these decks in the mail now!

P.S. Side question** Any chance we'll be able to embed video codes soon Alex?

99% sure that Peuan has that on her to-do list and will be implemented eventually.

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 06:51:24 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...

This effect uses that "mystery" card alright. and it's actually rather easy to learn, the link to the full tutorial can be found if you scan the QR code that's at the bottom of the actuator deck box.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 11:49:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

This effect uses that "mystery" card alright. and it's actually rather easy to learn, the link to the full tutorial can be found if you scan the QR code that's at the bottom of the actuator deck box.

Sweetness!  Trust me guys - I've seen this gaff, and there are similar gaffs, but nothing quite like this one.  I have not seen this exact gaff ANYWHERE.  And the trick is really sweet!  The other deck gaff is great as well, and you could build a short routine out of using both gaffs if you got creative.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 04:06:33 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Wow looks really nice Lance! Great work.
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 02:27:51 PM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member

Sweetness!  Trust me guys - I've seen this gaff, and there are similar gaffs, but nothing quite like this one.  I have not seen this exact gaff ANYWHERE.  And the trick is really sweet!  The other deck gaff is great as well, and you could build a short routine out of using both gaffs if you got creative.

That's pretty much the point we were going for Don, being able to use the two gaffs completely independent of each other for certain effects and then being able to combine them for a decent routine. Other companies waste two perfectly good cards on an advertisement, as if you don't already know who they are. I have full confidence that by providing use to those extra cards, we can open up the realm of possibility in what a single deck is capable of.

Furthermore, by teaching people exactly how to use the cards, we are expanding the magic into people's lives who might not try otherwise.

- Lance

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 12:52:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

That's pretty much the point we were going for Don, being able to use the two gaffs completely independent of each other for certain effects and then being able to combine them for a decent routine. Other companies waste two perfectly good cards on an advertisement, as if you don't already know who they are. I have full confidence that by providing use to those extra cards, we can open up the realm of possibility in what a single deck is capable of.

Furthermore, by teaching people exactly how to use the cards, we are expanding the magic into people's lives who might not try otherwise.

- Lance

Let's hope it's a trend that continues.  The gaffs are nice, but free video instructions on practical uses is a real bonus - and beyond some simple production costs, it's nearly free to put out there using QR codes and your already-existing website like you did.  This beats paying for a separate DVD or download, hands down.  I always found it very surprising that the old MM Rainbow deck is available in so many places, but the DVD a new magician would need to make it useful is practically nonexistent even in online stores - and you have to pay for it in addition to the deck!  All the colored MM decks have gaffs, but rarely are they sold with the instructions.

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:

- Lance

Let's hope it's a trend that continues.  The gaffs are nice, but free video instructions on practical uses is a real bonus - and beyond some simple production costs, it's nearly free to put out there using QR codes and your already-existing website like you did.  This beats paying for a separate DVD or download, hands down.  I always found it very surprising that the old MM Rainbow deck is available in so many places, but the DVD a new magician would need to make it useful is practically nonexistent even in online stores - and you have to pay for it in addition to the deck!  All the colored MM decks have gaffs, but rarely are they sold with the instructions.
It's a really cool and creative add-on. Are you the first to do something similar, having, with the deck, a free gimmicked trick and tutorial accessible by QR code?

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 12:40:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It's a really cool and creative add-on. Are you the first to do something similar, having, with the deck, a free gimmicked trick and tutorial accessible by QR code?

I have never seen it before, anywhere.  QR codes on the boxes are relatively new to start with, perhaps a year or two old.

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 04:20:37 AM »

lancetmiller

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Not to toot my own horn there, but the Gargoyles expo is the first deck in history to sport a QR code. Followed next by the Artist's Edition Gargoyles and now the Actuators. I sat and had a chat with J Brumbalow about the effective use of QR codes and he said he was stealing my idea. I was like "Cool! I've affected change in the playing card packaging. SWEET!"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:22:56 AM by lancetmiller »

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 10:12:11 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Lance, feel free to toot (the horn that is). You've created a cool thing and are using it really well and it's so good of an idea that it is worth borrowing. You are definitely helping people think of new possibilities.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out