Post Your Collection / Your Newest Acquisitions

Author (Read 353379 times)

Re: Post Your Collection / Your Newest Acquisitions
« Reply #900 on: September 28, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Forgive the watermarks, but some people have been taking liberties with my images.

I'm surprised you waited this long.  I'm also surprised more people here don't watermark their stuff.

Thanks Anthony.  I'm basicly going to collect anything that catches my eye.  I started with Bikes because its the brand I recognized but after checking out some sites there are definitely some other brands that are a must add for my collection. 

Collect what you love, love what you collect.  Never buy a deck because everyone else is buying it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #901 on: September 28, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Forgive the watermarks, but some people have been taking liberties with my images.

I'm surprised you waited this long.  I'm also surprised more people here don't watermark their stuff.

Watermarks are useless. They are ugly. They don't stop theft of the image.

« Reply #902 on: September 29, 2014, 12:47:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

How so?

« Reply #903 on: September 29, 2014, 01:25:28 AM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

How so?

Well...you could still edit it if you know how to ;) But it doesn't make sense if you are going to put in effort to remove a watermark and yet not take a damn photo by yourself. Maybe some people just have cameraphobia or something.

So..yeah they do stop image theft to a certain extent.

« Reply #904 on: September 29, 2014, 02:18:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

How so?

Well...you could still edit it if you know how to ;) But it doesn't make sense if you are going to put in effort to remove a watermark and yet not take a damn photo by yourself. Maybe some people just have cameraphobia or something.

So..yeah they do stop image theft to a certain extent.

It helps to also take the photo at a shallow angle, like what Emmanuel started doing with his paper-cut decks after the first one, Curator, was illegally printed in Russia before he got it made here.  They used the images he posted online for all the faces, slapped on some cheap-o back and made a cheap-o box design to match, all printed on paper barely worth wiping your butt with.

« Reply #905 on: September 29, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »

GBrown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
So, certainly no points for original (or even decent!) photography, but keen to get started on sharing some of my collection so far. 
Squeezed onto my close up pad, this is 'brick box 1' and a few from '2 & 3'!
You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stop playing!!!

« Reply #906 on: September 29, 2014, 04:16:56 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
So, certainly no points for original (or even decent!) photography, but keen to get started on sharing some of my collection so far. 
Squeezed onto my close up pad, this is 'brick box 1' and a few from '2 & 3'!

You pulled out the big guns! lmao

Did you put this collection together yourself or was this bought/won all together. It reminds me of one of those ultimate deck collections we are always hearing about during Christmas contests. Good eye!

« Reply #907 on: September 30, 2014, 12:49:35 PM »

GBrown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Glad it raised a smile Frequent Flyer  :) !

I put them together myself, been actively (and perhaps to eagerly at times) collecting for a couple of years or so now!
You don't stop playing because you grow old - you grow old because you stop playing!!!

« Reply #908 on: September 30, 2014, 12:51:01 PM »

GBrown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I need to work on my posting ability though - 'Frequent Flyer' should be 'Card Player'. Now I'm lmao!

« Reply #909 on: September 30, 2014, 11:30:31 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I need to work on my posting ability though - 'Frequent Flyer' should be 'Card Player'. Now I'm lmao!

Don't sweat it.

We try to keep "double posting" to a minimum - post two or more times in a row in the same topic.  If you've just posted a topic a short while ago and no one has posted since, you can simply re-edit your post to include the new information, correct spelling, fix incorrect names, etc.

To allow you to do this, your posts should have a link at the top right labeled "Modify", and below your body text on the right is an icon that matches the one next to "Modify".  The bottom one allows you to edit "in place" without navigating to a new page (but with no editing tools), while using the top one will take you to the same type of page used to make posts, with all the tool buttons at your disposal if you want to change fonts, make something bold or italic, attach images, add smileys, etc.

Experienced posters will often edit "in place" and use the BBCode commands to add the extra bells and whistles they desire.  If you know BBCode, try experimenting with it a little, and look over our tool buttons to see the commands we have in place for "one-click access".

« Reply #910 on: October 01, 2014, 01:27:45 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Some more of the stuff I've picked up this month. Keep in mind, I play poker so I don't often pop decks unless they're on the table. Just showing some more new to me stuff mostly. Only a couple decks are replacements this time.  :)

The Quick Querry KS deck came in with a thank you note from the creator, pretty cool. Will be giving this deck to it's intended owner this weekend. I was people watching at the wally mart and checked the card stock which I never do anymore for some reason. Grabbed these made in china Mavricks, made me chuckle a little. Price was right at $1 a deck. The Hope for Haiti deck I stumbled across for a buck and some change or two bucks.

Here's a photo of my loot from the Bicycle®, Comic Cards, deck of Playing Cards kickstarter. It's almost all gifts, I'm keeping the little zelda looking mini deck though. Mini decks come in handy and that ones looks like it'll be cool, since I am not down with zombies.

I stumbled across the Realtree APC deck by USPCC at the wally mart whilst I was poking through the decks. The Starlight deck I just got in the mail from the KS, I guess the first deck was lost or they forgot me haha. They shipped this one out and here it is. Looks very nice and it will see play on the poker table. The Leaf Backs I got a great deal on, I ended up picking up quite a few of them about $2 a deck. I had burned through all the ones I had last year so pretty happy to have these ones on the cheap.

These are the HOPC Nautical decks. I like the tucks, I don't know how well I'll like the cards yet. Haven't used them. I really like the LE tuck, it's just the net print with a tiny line on the bottom of the tuck that says Printed by and for line. I figured now was as good a time as any to try them since i really do like nautical themed decks. No idea why I didn't pick them up sooner.

And here's why I picked up the Nauticals. I haven't had any of the summer Noc's in a while and I wanted some haha. I don't know why but I love using Noc's. These ones may last until spring, I'm going to try and "collection" status them haha. The Gold and Silver Riderbacks just showed up late last week.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #911 on: October 01, 2014, 03:20:49 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Nice haul, Fes!

The NOCs are a very popular deck - they handle well and the design is as simple as it gets while still looking like the deck back home.  It gives a magician's audience something to lock on to when you're performing for them.  Very few people will own a cups-and-balls set, foam balls, a magic wand, etc. but everyone has playing cards, with only rare exceptions.  The simplicity of a solid-color back is a great way to let people think there can't be anything odd or strange about the deck (despite the fact that they're now marked for what suit the card is).

Which version are you using at home - original, second or third?

« Reply #912 on: October 01, 2014, 04:09:00 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

I use V3's at home and they're my personal favorites actually. I like the v2's a lot too, I'm just one of the people who likes the finish on the V3's. While it's not a popular choice on the forums. I don't care, it is what it is and I enjoy them. I actually picked up another mixed brick earlier this month from CARC, didn't snap a photo though. Figure everyone knows what the rainbow of Noc V3's look like. I decided I should have a stockpile. :karrit:

I may have gone a bit overboard this month, haha. ;D

Oh wait, it's october now. Slate is clean for a few more hours anyway...
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #913 on: October 01, 2014, 06:50:26 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I use V3's at home and they're my personal favorites actually. I like the v2's a lot too, I'm just one of the people who likes the finish on the V3's. While it's not a popular choice on the forums. I don't care, it is what it is and I enjoy them. I actually picked up another mixed brick earlier this month from CARC, didn't snap a photo though. Figure everyone knows what the rainbow of Noc V3's look like. I decided I should have a stockpile. :karrit:

I may have gone a bit overboard this month, haha. ;D

Oh wait, it's october now. Slate is clean for a few more hours anyway...

I haven't tried v3 yet myself - I have all the v1 and v2 decks, they were Bicycle stock with Magic Finish, making it one of the cheapest decks you could buy with Magic Finish on it when they were still in stock.

I imagine the v3 decks are good.  So far, any deck I've picked up from this plant, even before EPCC and LPCC were around, was a really good deck.

« Reply #914 on: October 01, 2014, 06:55:28 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
The package arrived just as I was setting off to the gym :D

Made me happy, and so I deadlifted 150kg! :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #915 on: October 01, 2014, 07:42:14 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
Damn dude, nice :) you got yours quick bro. Spill the beans, what's the mystery deck? Lol
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #916 on: October 01, 2014, 07:58:14 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Damn dude, nice :) you got yours quick bro. Spill the beans, what's the mystery deck? Lol

Let's just say that your guess was correct brother :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #917 on: October 01, 2014, 03:17:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Couldn't you see that Smith No. 3 deck at the top of the photo?  :))

« Reply #918 on: October 01, 2014, 06:32:59 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)

Wow, that is incredibly fast. Those tucks look very sharp. Can't wait to get my paws on mine. Nice job on the 150kg deadlift btw. :)

« Reply #919 on: October 02, 2014, 11:41:52 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member

Nice job on the 150kg deadlift! I almost threw out my back doing squats earlier today...=P

« Reply #920 on: October 03, 2014, 07:03:17 AM »

GBrown

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Don, thanks for your patience!  A few other samples from my collection so far.

« Reply #921 on: October 21, 2014, 02:33:02 AM »

seb

• YouTube:
Hey all,
Thought I'd share pics of the cabinet I gave myself as an early Christmas gift ;) It's a 70's library Card Catalog. 30 drawers and 40 decks per drawer... Got it for cheap; had to sand and varnish it. I'm really happy with it!

« Reply #922 on: October 21, 2014, 03:33:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Hey all,
Thought I'd share pics of the cabinet I gave myself as an early Christmas gift ;) It's a 70's library Card Catalog. 30 drawers and 40 decks per drawer... Got it for cheap; had to sand and varnish it. I'm really happy with it!

That looks fantastic!  Bill Kalush did the same thing in his office at Conjuring Arts!  Finding one today, though, is like looking for stars in the night sky above New York - exceptionally difficult, nearly impossible!

« Reply #923 on: October 21, 2014, 06:40:03 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Hey all,

That's just super slick.

« Reply #924 on: October 21, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
That's just awesome Seb  :D