You are Here:
Exquisite Playing Cards from CARC

Author (Read 13361 times)

Re: Exquisite Playing Cards from CARC
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2013, 08:48:55 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I got these in today! You know how Don said they are fantastic, well i never believe Don because... well hes Don.;) Just playing, love ya bud! Anyway Don wasn't kidding when he said these things are fantastic... When you first open them the cards almost feel oily but after playing with em that goes away, yet they still handle fantastic! If you haven't picked any up yet, I really suggest you do!

ROTF "just playing" There's always a little truth to jokes, isn't there?

I might still pick up one or two of the Blue. I just have too many other decks in the rotation right now. I would love to get one of these Taiwanese decks just to put through the wringer. I now own both 1st Edition and v2 Black legends and the collector in me is being cautious. There is something to be said for existing decks that are not a favorite of mine. They get lots of use and practice time.

The better you get, the more cards you want, the more finesse you have, the longer your cards last, the less cards you can buy. How Ironic!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 09:02:21 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2013, 09:13:29 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos

I might still pick up one or two of the Blue. I just have too many other decks in the rotation right now. I would love to get one of these Taiwanese decks just to put through the wringer. I now own both 1st Edition and v2 Black legends and the collector in me is being cautious. There is something to be said for existing decks that are not a favorite of mine. They get lots of use and practice time.

The better you get, the more cards you want, the more finesse you have, the longer your cards last, the less cards you can buy. How Ironic!

If there is there isn't any in this case. Don and I had a fairly lengthy back and forth in PM about these decks and he ranked them to slightly better than the Legends, which I expected so I knew they would be great. The "I never believe Don" was from the fact I actually do highly respect the man and his opinions because he knows what hes doing :P.

I'm going to be honest. If you have the Legends, your not missing out on much handling wise. I personally feel they are slighting better than Legends 1.5 but nothing where if you don't really want them you don't need to buy them. That being said If you had a few bucks spare from Black Friday I would totally get them.

"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2013, 09:55:22 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

If there is there isn't any in this case. Don and I had a fairly lengthy back and forth in PM about these decks and he ranked them to slightly better than the Legends, which I expected so I knew they would be great. The "I never believe Don" was from the fact I actually do highly respect the man and his opinions because he knows what hes doing :P.

I'm going to be honest. If you have the Legends, your not missing out on much handling wise. I personally feel they are slighting better than Legends 1.5 but nothing where if you don't really want them you don't need to buy them. That being said If you had a few bucks spare from Black Friday I would totally get them.

Of course, I was not taking you seriously. I trust Don's opinion on "most" things. No need to explain. You made the statement about Don. I was just poking fun at it.

I'm sure the cards are great. Much better then the Shanghai decks that someone whom I will not name tried defending. CARC is back on track. They needed this. It puts Global Titans behind them. I'm happy for CARC because they do some really nice things for the community and are a valuable resource. I got a load of free reading this summer from them.

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2013, 10:17:45 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos
I'm sure the cards are great. Much better then the Shanghai decks that someone whom I will not name tried defending. CARC is back on track. They needed this. It puts Global Titans behind them. I'm happy for CARC because they do some really nice things for the community and are a valuable resource. I got a load of free reading this summer from them.

I agree with ya 100% that they are back on track. Not because the Global Titans were a step back for CARC, they were actually pretty nice if you ask me, just needed a ton of breaking in, but because CARC is passed the Erdnase deck stage and finally onto doing their own custom decks. The Erdnase decks were nice and all but, come on how many deck with Erdnase in the theme can you do?

Global Titans are a fine deck, but these are by far better my miles.
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2013, 06:47:59 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Actually, it's kind of funny.  Bill Kalush mentioned that some really prominent card men were loving on the Global Titans.  But it's not a deck for everyone, I guess.  I don't think they're perfect, but the handling does improve, much like Legends, but with extra breaking in.  When I last saw him carrying around his deck and fiddling with it, it was smooth like butter.  In fact, it was smoove!

As good as the old Legends were, the new Legends are better, and the Exquisites even better still, though by the smallest of margins.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2013, 03:17:12 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
The tuck box shown in reply #7 used for the patience sized Cadet deck, is the only early USPC one we have ever seen [and we've seen a multitude of early USPC boxes]. The Exquisite box is, well, exquisite!!
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »

Gunshy1

• Discourse Deity

• Twitter:
Off topic: i never understood why people thought the legends handled poorly. It was obvious to me that they would need double if not triple the break in time of a uspcc deck.
have you heard the word???

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Here is a pix of the Cadets box discussed in earlier post
The tuck box shown in reply #7 used for the patience sized Cadet deck, is the only early USPC one we have ever seen [and we've seen a multitude of early USPC boxes]. The Exquisite box is, well, exquisite!!

Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2013, 06:03:13 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Exquisite… Just really a name… Just as the new "Expert" playing card company - New York, NY - but made in China??? Just not a fan of throwing names around trying to illicit a favorable response… Call me crazy, but didn't like the Legends or Titans (a cheap knockoff of yesteryear) and not going to purchase these "exquisite" cards… Although I do like some of the fonts and what they're trying to accomplish, I feel they fall short… Not a fan…

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Exquisite… Just really a name… Just as the new "Expert" playing card company - New York, NY - but made in China??? Just not a fan of throwing names around trying to illicit a favorable response… Call me crazy, but didn't like the Legends or Titans (a cheap knockoff of yesteryear) and not going to purchase these "exquisite" cards… Although I do like some of the fonts and what they're trying to accomplish, I feel they fall short… Not a fan…

They're not all made in Shanghai, China. That was Global Titans.

The Legends are certainly NOT knockoff's of anything. Other then the Western European court cards, they are completely original.

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2013, 09:51:05 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

JM, I don't think you know what you're missing.  They're not simply pretty cards in a pretty box - they perform.  It's a quality deck, without a doubt.

Here is a pix of the Cadets box discussed in earlier post

Thanks for that picture - it's a blast from the past.  I remember seeing that deck for the first time - at your place!

You should head over to the "Introduce Yourself" board and make a new topic for yourself - let the gang get to know you a little better.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:54:31 PM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2013, 07:44:32 AM »

ruicorreia

• Elite Member

• Facebook:
I'm getting more and more curious. But I must be pacient, international shipping takes a while.
Enthusiast collector

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2013, 06:41:10 PM »

10ofclubs

• Discourse Veteran
Got these today. They handle alright, but feel very much like plastic. And smell like it to. The scent is quite strong right out of the box.

They also seem to have a one way back. The cross/club shape in the center angles different ways on each side of the card.

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2013, 06:41:44 PM »

flyers3003

• True Member
Got my Exquisites (along with 2 Black Legends) and I love 'em, however I ordered the 6 pack (5 Blue, 1 Red) plus an additional Red but only received the 6 pack.  I'm missing the 2nd Red.  I sent them an email.  Hopefully they respond quickly and take care of it.

Anyway, the cards look and feel very good.  I find them very similar to the legends.  I like the look of the side-open tuck case, but I've noticed I have a harder time getting the cards back in the tuck.  Probably just my lack of coordination, but it can be frustrating.

They also seem to have a one way back. The cross/club shape in the center angles different ways on each side of the card.

Good find, though its subtle enough for me.  Also it looks like the 2 diamond shapes just above/below the center with lines running through them are different.  One has the lines all the way to the points, the other the lines stop before the points.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:47:39 PM by flyers3003 »

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2013, 08:14:37 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
Got my Exquisites (along with 2 Black Legends) and I love 'em, however I ordered the 6 pack (5 Blue, 1 Red) plus an additional Red but only received the 6 pack.  I'm missing the 2nd Red.  I sent them an email.  Hopefully they respond quickly and take care of it.

I ordered 2 sets of the red and blue combo pack at the same time. I received one pack on Saturday. I didn't receive the other one at the same time. I got them mailed to a different location from where I am currently so I do not know if they have yet arrived. I am just assuming they got delayed in the mailing process. Not too worried since I got one so far. Let me know what their response is though.

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2013, 09:34:49 PM »

Phegget

In case anyone is wondering, CARC have sold half of their 800 deck limited run of the Red Exquisites. They have 411 left in stock.
uwotm8.

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »

flyers3003

• True Member
Let me know what their response is though.

Just got an email from them saying they will be sending one out to me right away. 

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2013, 03:14:06 PM »

speedyy400

• Elite Member
Let me know what their response is though.

Just got an email from them saying they will be sending one out to me right away.

I assume I must send an email as well then. Could you post the email in which you contacted or message it to me? Thanks very much.

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2013, 04:56:39 PM »

flyers3003

• True Member
I assume I must send an email as well then. Could you post the email in which you contacted or message it to me? Thanks very much.

From their website, after I login, I select "My Account" which brings up the Account Menu page.  From there I just selected "Contact Us" and filled out the form.

Got my 2nd Red deck from them today.  Quick turn around.  Very impressed.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:13:10 PM by flyers3003 »

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2013, 09:38:58 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
They must be really tired from filling orders. Got my three 2 pack sets (red/blue) of the Exquisites and a brick of Legends in yesterday. Everything was packed in brick boxes (Titan boxes) and they threw in another pack jacket to fill the empty space in one brick box. Packed into a big box with a ton of protection. Probably the best packed large order that I have ever received. They must have packed my order at the start of the day, right after their morning Starbucks fix! :-) All complete and perfect.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:39:23 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2013, 12:16:38 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hey BiggerDee, It might be based on order size for the pack jackets. I got 2 additional in my order, the Green "Expert at the Card Table" ones. And I would have to agree on the packing efforts, they were great and there would have been no way for anything to get damaged. Either way, very happy with the order, decks and extras  :D

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2013, 05:46:03 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
They jut came in.

Personally, I think the Legends handle much better. They seems to snap and fan smoother and have a bit more grip. The finish on them feels like ivory, but it's actually embossed.

Maybe they'll feel better once I break them in. I was iffy about the Legends when I first handled them, but now they're one of my favorite decks.

Oh, and the tuck box is awesome.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2013, 11:56:48 AM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity

They're not all made in Shanghai, China. That was Global Titans.

The Legends are certainly NOT knockoff's of anything. Other then the Western European court cards, they are completely original.

Indeed… I was not referring to the Legends, but rather the Titans… Which are taken from a Squeezers deck by NY Consolidated Card Company as seen below…
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:58:42 AM by jmrock »

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2013, 02:06:10 PM »

Robert Adams

• True Member
  • 'love your cards'

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Just got mine too...

What's with the one way front?

The number part of the indices are bolder at one end, so a pack that has been mixed end-to-end looks messy when fanned. As if you've mixed two decks!

Loving everything else!

« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Just got mine too...

What's with the one way front?

The number part of the indices are bolder at one end, so a pack that has been mixed end-to-end looks messy when fanned. As if you've mixed two decks!

Loving everything else!

That is a mechanism for magicians. Have the deck all arranged in one way, have someone pick a card, put it in the other way...that kind of thing. The Legends feature that as well. Subtle but useful if you are the magic type.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out