Re: New deck: Ultimate Deck, by Stranger&stranger, produced by D&D
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2013, 03:44:25 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
I just ordered my uncut sheet and I am happy :) First time I lose the opportunity to buy it, because I was waiting for an answer from Stranger&Stranger to get that lovely box (150$ is too much for a nice box). But S&S doesn't sell uncuts and D&D doesn't sell boxes, so shipping should be fun. So I drop the idea to get that box and I get one uncut and a few other decks.
I saw on ebay that an uncut sheet was sold for 85$. If I've remember the uncut comes with a deck, isn't it?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:44:48 PM by mirciusx »
"Art is never finished, only abandoned" – Leonardo daVinci

"Measure twice, cut once." - Don Boyer

« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2013, 05:10:28 PM »

Ben K

• True Member
Mirciusx, yep the uncut comes with a deck too. It's a great deal, congrats! Thanks for the eBay pricing, happy to know its holding its value.

Heads up the box is not cellophaned only stamp sealed.
“To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought.”
― Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2013, 06:47:28 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I just ordered my uncut sheet and I am happy :) First time I lose the opportunity to buy it, because I was waiting for an answer from Stranger&Stranger to get that lovely box (150$ is too much for a nice box). But S&S doesn't sell uncuts and D&D doesn't sell boxes, so shipping should be fun. So I drop the idea to get that box and I get one uncut and a few other decks.
I saw on ebay that an uncut sheet was sold for 85$. If I've remember the uncut comes with a deck, isn't it?

Well, the uncuts are back in stock on the website.

With shipping, they should come to about $85.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2013, 08:47:50 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
One uncut + a deck and another 7 decks - 18$ to NY, else 45$ to Europe.

I think the cheapest are Seasons (4 decks+ a tshirt - 8$ to NY or 21$ to Europe). E have expensive shipping even to US (NY), sometimes more than 30$ for almost 30 decks; same T11...:(

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2013, 06:47:29 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Touch of Modern has them for $18 now.

https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/ultimate-deck/ultimate-deck

But then again, I've never heard of anyone ordering from this site, the shipping is 3-4 WEEKS, and you can't return them.

If the website's legit though, this is a pretty good deal.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:09 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

But then again, I've never heard of anyone ordering from this site, the shipping is 3-4 WEEKS, and you can't return them.

That sounds like a "too good to be true" price.  Combined with the fact that they've been sending me WAAAAY too many emails since I subscribed and I'm thinking something doesn't smell right in Denmark...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2013, 10:50:30 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:

That sounds like a "too good to be true" price.  Combined with the fact that they've been sending me WAAAAY too many emails since I subscribed and I'm thinking something doesn't smell right in Denmark...

True, that.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K. If anyone's brave enough to give these guys a credit card number, it'd be interesting to hear from them.

Then again, if you have no qualms about creating 10 fake email accounts, you could hypothetically get these for free.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2013, 12:28:37 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

True, that.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K. If anyone's brave enough to give these guys a credit card number, it'd be interesting to hear from them.

Then again, if you have no qualms about creating 10 fake email accounts, you could hypothetically get these for free.

I know Jackson did make a refference about Touch of Modern, when the Fed 52 part 2 was on there. I assume he autherized sales on the site. Maybe he will chime in about it.
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »

Phegget

18$ is a good deal. Touchofmodern is 100% legit. Keep in mind they also charge shipping costs, and only ship within US/Canada.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:31:30 AM by Phegget »
uwotm8.

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2013, 10:58:19 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I've ordered from them, and currently have an open order for some of the Fed52 decks. I received an e-mail from them a few days ago telling me that the supplier was preparing to ship them out, for what that's worth. I also have some pre-ordered elsewhere. They seem to do a lot of pre-orders. They don't buy 200 of an item, they take pre-orders a week or two in advance and then order that many of the item. I didn't see the S&S decks out there, but that's one of my faves, so I'll have to go out and get a few more. I just wish that I had bought an uncut back in the day.
ToMo is definitely legit. They don't run a ton of volume since almost all of their items are much higher-end offerings. Think of them like the MoMA store.

BTW, there seems to be a limit of 5.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:04:40 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2013, 12:29:55 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Just received an e-mail that my decks were "awaiting carrier pickup". If true, that's fast shipping, especially since the initial estimates said 3-4 weeks. Order was placed yesterday.

Yep, shipped today from San Francisco via FedEx. That was quick!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:42:34 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
For future reference:

I received my decks yesterday. Five unwrapped (no individual bubble wrapping, et cetera) decks in a padded envelope (the one that is padded with recycled newsprint, and makes a royal mess if you use anything but the pull strip). I opened it up, and 4 of the decks had half of the tax stamp unstuck. Not damaged, just not adhered to the deck. Partly from cold weather and partly from the decks not being wrapped, but rather free-floating in the main envelope. I was able to stick these back on and once the decks came up to room temp, they stayed. The fifth deck had the tax stamp seal torn in half, with half stuck to the inside of the main envelope. Since it was so cold, it didn't adhere well, and I was able to easily remove it from the envelope and attach it to the deck, but since it was tornn in two, it appears that they deck has been opened since the seal is broken. This isn't a problem since I have a brick or so of Strangers, and I always wanted to open one to check out the artwork firsthand, but never could bring myself to do it. None of the tuck cases had any dented corners or scratching from the other decks, so I got lucky there. Bottom line: great decks at a great price from ToMo, but they don't have any idea about the need to pack them well, especially since the ones that they have sold so far have been higher-end collector decks. Here's hoping that the Fed52 decks on order with them will make it ok.

I'm going to contact them and tell them all of this in the hopes that they will make a beter efforf witht he card decks for future buyers. All in all, I'd order decks from them again if they offered something that I liked.

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2013, 08:31:24 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
Aw, darn it... I totally missed these! $18 is definitely a good deal. I already have this deck, but I've always wanted another one to open. I wish I could somehow filter my ToM modifications so that it only shows me decks on sale. They have a lot of cool stuff on sale, but cards are what I'm most interested in (and the few that I can afford. lol). I did manage to get in an order for the Jackson's Silver Certificate and Reserve Note, though. :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:33:20 AM by Sher143 »

« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
These are available on Touch of Modern once again. $18 each plus shipping. Ends Monday!

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2013, 07:34:38 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
Oooh, thanks for letting us know the deadline... for some reason the page I have doesn't tell me when it ends. I can't find it on the "Sale Catalog" page, either...?

« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2013, 09:27:44 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
My pleasure, I knew that you'd want to grab some this time!  I saw the date on an e-mail that they sent, basically a daily "What's for sale" notification.

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2013, 06:06:19 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Just received a few more Stranger decks in. They weren't packaged any better, but survived nonetheless.

On an interesting ToMo side note, I ordered some of the Federal 52 Silver Certificate and Reserve Note decks from ToMo when they were announced. I received them today, and was very surprised to see some 200's (out of the edition total of 4000 each) in my shipment. All 200's (except for one deck in the 500's) in a half dozen total. Pleasantly surprised!

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Ok. I bit, and ordered one.

I've been eyeing this deck since day 1 of the teaser. With shipping, the whole thing came to $23, so it's still a MUCH better deal than D&D's. I won't mind if the cello is removed, or the deck is open. I'm not keeping it sealed.

However, I'll be quite cross if the seal is damaged. I love that seal.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2013, 09:49:39 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
They never were cello wrapped, so no worries there. The seal is the best modern one that I have seen. You will really like it. It will probably be un-stuck on one end, but that will make it easier to open and then re-seal, if you'd like.

They were still available on my daily ToMo e-mail today.

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
They never were cello wrapped, so no worries there. The seal is the best modern one that I have seen. You will really like it. It will probably be un-stuck on one end, but that will make it easier to open and then re-seal, if you'd like.

They were still available on my daily ToMo e-mail today.

Ooooh. Ok. I thought the S&S decks were cello sealed.

Sweet. That's all the better then. I usually unstick the lower half of the seal is I can, and then press it onto the tuck flap. That way I don't have to cut it.

Thanks for the heads-up!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2013, 10:28:14 PM »

Jamm Pakd Cards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
I am mixed on the mixed art of the deck.  I really like the tuck box design and the special box the deck is in was cool. 
Justin
Jamm Pakd Cards
Wild West Decks - Coming Soon to Kickstarter
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JammPakdCards?ref=hl
Kickstarter: Wild West Coming Soon 2016

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
MrMollusk - Once you see the incredible tuck and stamp, you'll understand why there isn't any cello! It's beautiful!

Jamm - I feel the exact same way as you. I'd like to have an uncut, but I can't decide if I like enough of the art to justify the purchase.

« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Just got DandD's most recent Variety box and the Ultimate deck came cello wrapped and featuring a smaller, and more square, seal printed at a slightly lower resolution. I don't remember reading about them packaging their Ultimate Decks any differently but thought it was worth noting. I am likely going to try and pick up one of the original unsealed ones as I opened the only one I had with the expectation I would just be able to replace it whenever I needed to, but the new packaging makes that a little more urgent now.

This also makes me think, as the new smalled seal is more the size of standard USPCC tuck seals but is still perforated like a classic stamp seal, that USPCC might be offering perforated seals now. I believe the S/S Ultimate Decks were never cello wrapped because DandD were applying the perforated seals by hand after getting them in. Any thoughts guys? I know Chris O. had been talking with USPCC back on his Oracle project and they were looking into getting a die for perforated seals, but had never heard any more on the subject, though it was worth a zombie thread here to get more info...?

**I know I'm digging this one up from the grave, but I like to keep my forums clean and minimize creating new posts where I can**
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #98 on: January 09, 2015, 06:20:29 PM »

mirciusx

• Elite Member
  • love, peace, cards

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
You talk and walk like detective Sherlock Holmes. If not, not so far, but close.

« Reply #99 on: January 09, 2015, 07:21:30 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
This from jpplayingcards.com

This deck was reprinted in late 2014, and now comes cellophane sealed with a slightly different deck seal. the artwork remains identical but this edition has a different ad' card. It's a collection of simply stunning pieces of artwork, 'nuff said!

I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.