You are Here:
Ultimate Deck, How do I know the difference between the reprint and the original

Author (Read 1010 times)

KnightwingNC

• Newcomer
  • Love Collecting Rare and Limited Playing Cards
So

How do I know the difference between the reprint and the original. Yes I know, it says on some sites that the reprint as a different seal but I couldn't find any pictures of booth seals. Can someone show me some examples of the reprint and the original one please.

Thanks
Pat

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Original didn't come cello wrapped. and the seal has slightly smaller proportions, and is likely printed on a different printer as the image quality seems reduced, which might just be from the image being shrunk to fit the smaller profile of the seal. Cards and tuck should be the same.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Here are a couple of images, things like this made me crazy when I 1st started collecting. But it's always good to know the details when it comes to variants.
  • The Original's seal seems much crisper as opposed to the "Fuzzy" reprinted version
  • The reprint's seal also has a different color to it, a bit pinkish/red
  • The reprints tuck seems to me more black than the original tuck paper used OR the fact there was no cello on the original may have effected the tint of the paper.

Hope this helps :)

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
+1 for Anthony for a very precise explanation :) the funny thing is that I was just looking at this before the weekend.
I received another ultimate deck from the last mystery deck, so I was curious to find out the difference.

What Anthony noted is what I found as well, but I can confirm that the reprint does have darker shade tuck closer to being black.
I didn't bother to look inside the deck since I already have 1 original deck opened. If there is anyone who has both reprint and original opened, I would appreciate it if you can share any differences on the cards.

Back for more

KnightwingNC

• Newcomer
  • Love Collecting Rare and Limited Playing Cards
Thanks for your help guys!

KnightwingNC