« on: January 31, 2014, 04:49:02 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Hey all,
So I know there have been a few members looking into these frames for their collections. I had a chance to talk to Mike at CPC about the ones he has and was nice enough to let me grab one for a mini "Review" of sorts. I swear on my children I'm not getting a dime for any of this, just trying to help the community here out. I know one of the questions was a concern about the frame sagging due to the weight of the cards.

These frames are solid and made of very thick acrylic. I was able to take the one he has on display off the wall and it basically felt like a solid box frame. That was the other nice thing, wasn't super heavy even with 60 decks in the frame. Easy to remove and put back up. They mount flat on the wall because there is a "Bumper" on the bottom back side so decks don't lean forward in the frame.

Some other pluses. fits 12 decks per row exactly, nice snug fit, but easy to remove if needed. There is just enough spacing above each row of decks to be able to pull out a deck without issue.

The frames are laser cut and the channel for the clear plexiglass window is cut into the frame. It's not an additional piece of clear plastic that may yellow over time.

After talking to CPC for a bit, Mike was open to offering a limited time discount to any discourse members who were interested in these frames. He isn't offering a code to use, but if you PM me, I can tell you what to do and what the discount is.

Again, I can't stress enough that I'm doing this to help out the members of Discourse with an option for their collections. Sparkz gets no kick back, lol

I took a few pics for you, if you have any questions, please ask.

Available in 2 sizes- 60 Decks (Below) and a 16x16 that holds 24 Decks
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 04:51:24 PM by Sparkz »

Re: Acrylic Display Frame from Collectable Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:09:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
BTW, folks: Sparkz just posted a discount code for this retailer in the Discount Codes topic.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 06:25:44 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
We got a 60 deck one two years ago. It's on the wall, filled, looks great and there have been no issues at all.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 07:31:38 AM »

jwats01

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
  • I really like cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Thanks for the review and the discount code Sparkz!

I've been drooling over one of these for a while and have been wondering how the quality was. I will have to try and work this into the "play" budget. Ugh. My wife is gonna kill me! LOL
Check out every Kickstarter Deck project - current & archived along with some great Deck designer/artist interviews:

http://www.phillycardco.com

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
We got a 60 deck one two years ago. It's on the wall, filled, looks great and there have been no issues at all.

From the same seller?  I didn't realize he was around that long.  That's a good sign!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
/

From the same seller?  I didn't realize he was around that long.  That's a good sign!
We got it in Erlanger at our convention from Dave Hoffmeister who I think got it from Mike. Dave was using it to display some of he great cards he had brought to sell at the 52 Plus Joker convention.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
A few of you have contacted me to place orders and I'm glad this is helping out. I just want to clarify that the Frame Promotion CPC is offering is completely separate from the "sparkz" discount code in the retailer discount thread for 10% off your entire order. I think a few people thought it was one and the same.

As I mentioned before, if your interested in one of the Acrylic Frames, PM me for instructions and the Promotion price.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:15:21 PM by Sparkz »