You are Here:
Universal Shunning of VJose32

Author (Read 3133 times)

Universal Shunning of VJose32
« on: June 08, 2014, 01:14:48 PM »

vmagic

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or discussed here on PCF but apparently there is a group of moderators on the UC that was intent on banishing me from their forums and there is "apparently" a group of deck designers who are planning to universally shun me and block me, if possible, on Kickstarter campaigns. So far not one designer has said anything to me or tried to work anything out. I think this is a pretty drastic measure to try and silence someone for being a bit vocal at times. I apologize if some of things i've said have come across as overly negative. I believe many of things i've said just appear to have a negative tone but that isn't what I intended or that some of the things i've said have been misinterpreted or just come across in the wrong manner. I didn't mean any harm and have done nothing but give good honest reviews on my channel. And I think one way or another my overwhelming support of a multitude of playing card projects and websites speaks for itself.

Seems pretty drastic to "universally" shun me because i'm not afraid to speak up and say something that you may disagree with it. Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one whether you like them or not.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 01:33:27 PM by VJose32 »

Re: Universal Shunning of VJose32
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:33:12 PM »

vmagic

So not 1 single person has an opinion one way or another?  ???

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »

vmagic

I guess you all support this too?

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 01:11:50 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Victor, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Your problem is most of your comments and opinions are negative. I went to your profile on KS one time, several months ago. I read every one of your comments. Over and over they were negative. I've never been to your website, nor have seen any of your reviews. Partially due to how negative you are everywhere else. You back a shit ton of projects on KS. You are a huge supporter with your wallet, but not your mouth. Some of your comments are warranted, but with your reputation. No on takes you serious. I'm sure you've heard the old adage "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." You should say that to yourself every time, before you post. Another suggestion for you. Before you comment on a project page, ask yourself "Should I make a comment, or is this something I should email the project creator?"
I really hope you can figure a way to turn your reputation around. You are a huge supporter of the card community. Good luck!
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 01:45:32 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I guess you all support this too?

It's probably not out of a desire to support anything that you've had only one other reply so far.  Our membership for the most part simply doesn't like all the drama and hysterics.

Being honest is one thing.  Being almost universally negative is another.  I've seen your comments all over the web spouting almost exclusively nothing but negative complaints - here, UC, Kickstarter, Facebook; there's probably even more I don't know about just because I've seen enough.  I sincerely hope, Victor, that you aren't that way in your personal life - if you are, you have my sympathy.

I'm generally honest with people as well.  But I do my best to make them understand that if I don't like their deck or some other product, it's not a personal thing, it's out of a desire for a better deck or a better product, and I offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism whenever I can and I'm asked.  What's the last constructive criticism you've made about anything?  How long ago did you make it?  Was is something you posted on a public page for all the world to see, or was it something you discussed privately to whatever parties were involved?

You say you offer "universal support" to various decks, projects, etc.?  I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are many who would beg to differ about your definition of "universal support".  They kind of "support" you offer, nobody wants.

There are people that I know of, people who are never happy unless their either complaining or making someone else miserable - often both at the same time.  I don't know many of them, though.  Most of the ones I did know personally, I stopped associating with - nobody wants to be around a guy like that.  The only one still in my life is there only because he's a co-worker, but fortunately not on my shift.

Victor - stop being "that guy" already.  Stop pissing on people's heads and calling it "rain".  Grow up, put away the vitriol and act more mature for longer than a few days.  You'd be surprised at the changes that will occur as time goes on.

I had a similar trait - I was always envisioning the negative, was always sorry for myself, hated myself.  I even tended to wear it on my sleeve for the world to see.  Guess what?  It worked very well as "people repellent".  After reaching a nadir and getting some help, I pulled my sorry ass out of the pit I was in, started paying attention to living in the moment and various other Buddhist concepts, and now I'm happily married to the greatest woman and friend I've ever met and the friendships I have (including the one with myself) are meaningful, rewarding and bring me joy because I associate with people who share my outlook on life.

Try it for a while.  Your mileage may vary - but it's better than going in reverse at top speed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:47:16 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 02:01:28 AM »

vmagic

Well I've been a supporter of nearly everyone in my videos. I'm not as negative as most of you believe and am not negative elsewhere. You can say what you want but I didn't buy all my decks for nothing or to crap on people but because I love them and like collecting them. I'm not here to make enemies but it seems like everyone is against me but I don't really know why. I don't believe I am overly negative in most of my posts and have been quieter as of late. It's shocking to me that despite all my positive reviews of their playing cards and promotions of their campaigns that they feel the need to try and ban me on kickstarter because of some comments that may have simply come across the wrong way. All I can say is if they go through with their plans that it will have a ripple effect and they will look bad in the end for stepping on somebody's freedom of speech. I know of 1 person already refusing to back any more projects so it's already happening. I also know I have a lot of supporters and few people seem to agree with anything that is happening and that includes members of the UC and designers.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:03:36 AM by The Collector »

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 03:17:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Well I've been a supporter of nearly everyone in my videos. I'm not as negative as most of you believe and am not negative elsewhere. You can say what you want but I didn't buy all my decks for nothing or to crap on people but because I love them and like collecting them. I'm not here to make enemies but it seems like everyone is against me but I don't really know why. I don't believe I am overly negative in most of my posts and have been quieter as of late. It's shocking to me that despite all my positive reviews of their playing cards and promotions of their campaigns that they feel the need to try and ban me on kickstarter because of some comments that may have simply come across the wrong way. All I can say is if they go through with their plans that it will have a ripple effect and they will look bad in the end for stepping on somebody's freedom of speech. I know of 1 person already refusing to back any more projects so it's already happening. I also know I have a lot of supporters and few people seem to agree with anything that is happening and that includes members of the UC and designers.

The first step in solving any problem is recognizing that there is indeed a problem.

Take this quote: "I'm not as negative as most of you believe and am not negative elsewhere."  The problem here is that while you feel you haven't been negative, "most of you" believe that you have been and that perception actually can trump what you believe to be the reality of the situation.

Another quote: "I don't believe I am overly negative in most of my posts and have been quieter as of late."  Again, it's the perception thing.  I saw that for maybe a week or so you were holding back and actually being positive after I reset your reputation to zero.  But that was a while ago, my friend - you got your rep up a few points, then you kicked the chair out from under yourself, went negative and people responded in kind - and still are, as your rep has dropped again since my last message a few hours ago.  That doesn't happen by accident.

You're free to speak your mind in public to your heart's content - go get a soapbox, set it up in a park somewhere, stand on it and talk away (but not too loudly, as there are noise ordinances).  But the forums aren't publicly owned.  They're private.  Access to a privately-owned forum isn't a Constitutional right - it's a privilege.  That's assuming that US laws even apply, as the owner is based in Toronto.  You agreed to a Terms of Service document when you joined that states that the management here has the right to ban you if they see fit, and I'm sure UC has a similarly-worded TOS.  It's just that here we're far less inclined to ban people - the reputation score lets the world know what they think of what you said, insuring that people and their speeches get exactly the right amount of weight and attention they deserve based on the person making the statement.  The only reason I personally have ever had to ban anyone around here is for spamming, and that's using the term "anyone" very loosely.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 08:14:09 AM »

vmagic

This isn't about being banned on the forum but the fact that a few creators are trying to silence me, it's unethical.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 01:25:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
This isn't about being banned on the forum but the fact that a few creators are trying to silence me, it's unethical.

Look, if you want to keep twisting this around into a bogus crusade, knock yourself out - I'm done with this nonsense.  You want to play in their sandbox and they don't want you there, so that's just too bad - it's their sandbox!  Go join another or make one of your own - Blogger and Wordpress might be good places to start.  You're still here, though if you keep up the theatrics you'll probably be taken as seriously as some kid holding his breath to try to get his way - it's ridiculous, biology always forces them to breathe in the end.  I even heard that MySpace is making a minor comeback for kids who hate the idea that their parents can track them on Facebook!  There are no shortage of ways in which they can't silence you, so can the crap already.

One last tip, should you choose to listen: stop airing your dirty laundry in public.  It's very unbecoming and makes you sound childish.  Might even save you the loss of a few more rep points, too.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 01:26:42 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
My suggestion is to follow Don's advice or move on to another site. You seem to be in denial.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »

vmagic

I'm not in denial, I know I can be a bit negative at times, there I said it, so what? The bigger problem is not that I can be negative at times but that many here just get too wound up about it, they need to learn to deal with it and quit complaining every time somebody says something they don't agree with, I do it all the time.

And even when I don't say something negative people are crapping on me. It's hard to be positive when everyone is always crapping on you no matter what you say or try. Even if I try, they still can't see past what i've said before in the past. But I will try to be better, here and on Kickstarter, in fact I might just stay away.

As far as the negativity is concerned, artists and designers have to learn to deal with it, it's a part of their life, not everyone is going to like or agree with how they designed something or with all their ideas, if they can't handle it then maybe they are in the wrong line of work.

An even bigger problem is that many on the forums treat a few of the designers like kings and are afraid to speak up against them out of fear of getting crapped on. Stop treating these designers like they can do no wrong and stop justifying everything they do, no matter who they are or what they do. Just like you do all the time with the Blue Crown and others do with other designers and companies. For instance you constantly trying to justify their "prototype" decks despite everyone else ripping on them, why? Why not just admit it wasn't their best idea?

I know forums are privately owned, but it is pretty bad when the owner of a forum is strong armed into banning someone by a couple of mods, just because they don't like a person or don't agree with them, that to me is a problem. People shouldn't be banned just because you don't agree with them or they have their own opinions! And so far from what i've seen, the majority of the people over there have spoken favorably of me and voted against the ban. That, I believe, says a lot right there about how people feel about me.

Whether people here, or on the UC, like it or not, I have many supporters and many people appreciate my honest reviews and even my criticisms. I've saved some people some money on decks and helped others decide to get certain decks, thanks to my reviews.

Oh yeah, I also found out that the whole "shunning" thing appears to have been a hoax put together by someone in the card community, I just don't know who, but that's pretty low and drastic.

I shouldn't have to get banned anywhere or move to other sites, I am a part of the playing card community and should be allowed to be here or there if I want, no matter what my opinions or ideas are. We should all be one big happy community, not fighting with one another.  People on these forums need to stop complaining every time somebody says something they don't like and they need to stop acting like children.

And I apologize if I am a bit negative in this post, but when I feel i'm backed into a corner, I have to defend myself.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:13:29 PM by The Collector »

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 10:40:56 PM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
Vic, first of all let. Me say that I am still your friend, and I appreciate the trades we have done and decks I needed you sold me. The problem is with attitude and perception - yours. I have banned two people - ever. I am the most reasonable and impartial person who you are likely to ever meet. The fact remains that you were already banned twice before on UC so it seems like to me that you would be on your toes, but you have ticked off the mods four times in six months. I laughed off the first one, jokedabout it the second, made excuses the third and this time they voted before they asked. I am busy obviously. I depend on them to keep UC together. I can't ignore the fourth request if I am clearly wrong and already did three times.

If I wasn't your friend I would not have bothered to write you email 5 or 6 times or even respond and I don't appreciate you reading my private mail to vindicate yourself. You kind of left out a few things, but fair enough. Just do right man. I don't support the KS shun crap, and told you that. You didn't read that part. If I had taken the spearhead role for that group you could complain and the timing is screwed up with the mods happening to ban together the very same day. I warned you so you could take evasive action before anything happened and instead your response was to turn it against me.

Just doesn't make sense. Grow up, be realistic, it's not me. It's you.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:44:47 PM by Mike Ratledge »
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 10:57:18 PM »

vmagic

Mike, I wasn't bashing you and I appreciate you giving me the heads up and everything. I wasn't trying to be vindictive or anything either. Perhaps reading the email you sent wasn't the best part, i'm sorry.

Also you say I was banned twice before, I don't even remember that or know why that would be other than we all know how the previous owner was and he banned anyone who didn't agree with him, so I don't think it's fair to talk about how i've been banned in the past without knowing all the details regarding that.

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 11:17:46 PM »

Mike Ratledge

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • You only go around once - spin hard as you can!
Ok, then is it fair to say that without saying one of the first things I did when I bought UC was to reverse the ban? The point was that you can not remember things when it works for you, but if it works against you it seems that you can remember pretty darned clearly, eh?
> Mike <

Opinions are my own, your mileage WILL vary...

Announcing a new age of cooperation: PCF & UnitedCardists.com are now both owned by 52+Joker members!

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »

vmagic

Well I wasn't aware of that and I appreciate that but at that time I already had another account on the forum so I didn't notice I suppose.

But you keep bringing up that I was banned before, you know who banned me? It was Mike Ferrante the guy who banned anyone he pleased including some of the mods that wanted me gone. That being said is it even fair to take those into consideration being that he likely didn't have a valid reason to do so only that he disagreed with me on something.

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 12:30:03 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Dude 1st impression are everything. You came off as a whiny ass bitch. You wont be able to fix that over night. People will continue to give you shit till it has been a long time since you were that whiny ass bitch. and don says positive things with blue crown because (and correct me if I am wrong)  he is friends with them. I know I have seen him mention the less negative but how he and you would say something are completely different.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 12:47:39 AM »

vmagic

Thanks I will keep trying to improve but maybe if you didn't have such an attitude about it it would help.

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 01:04:58 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I'm not in denial, I know I can be a bit negative at times, there I said it, so what? The bigger problem is not that I can be negative at times but that many here just get too wound up about it, they need to learn to deal with it and quit complaining every time somebody says something they don't agree with, I do it all the time.

Victor, most people don't mind when others disagree with them now and then.  Trust me, I've had a few disagreements with people here - sometimes they make a grudge out of it, but more often they know it's not meant in a mean spirit and they and I both get over it and move on.

The problem is that you're almost universally negative, and people have had enough of it.  You've gone past their tolerance level.  I spoke with you about this before, but you ignored me after a while and look where it got you.

And even when I don't say something negative people are crapping on me. It's hard to be positive when everyone is always crapping on you no matter what you say or try. Even if I try, they still can't see past what i've said before in the past. But I will try to be better, here and on Kickstarter, in fact I might just stay away.

Staying away is your choice and you're free to make it.  People are constantly crapping on you even on the off chance that you say something positive because you crap on EVERYTHING.  At least you don't discriminate...

As far as the negativity is concerned, artists and designers have to learn to deal with it, it's a part of their life, not everyone is going to like or agree with how they designed something or with all their ideas, if they can't handle it then maybe they are in the wrong line of work.

I get negative now and then, especially when discussing a deck.  And when the designer comes and sees my comments, often they will ask for more details about why.  At that point, I provide a reasonably detailed analysis, better known as constructive criticism.  In most cases, the designer is surprised - but more importantly, they understand it was never a personal attack and that it came from passion for the hobby rather than misanthropy.

In your case, we often hear criticism, complaints, whining, etc., but not much by way of constructive criticism.  It makes your attacks seem more personal, regardless of your intent.

An even bigger problem is that many on the forums treat a few of the designers like kings and are afraid to speak up against them out of fear of getting crapped on. Stop treating these designers like they can do no wrong and stop justifying everything they do, no matter who they are or what they do. Just like you do all the time with the Blue Crown and others do with other designers and companies. For instance you constantly trying to justify their "prototype" decks despite everyone else ripping on them, why? Why not just admit it wasn't their best idea?

We never treat designers like they can do no wrong.  Russ Kercheval and Adam Clarkson would be prime examples of that, and I can certainly name a few more if I check over the list of "successfully failed" Kickstarter projects.  I've certainly complained about a few, that's for sure.  One has even contacted me about discussing the situation!  So no, they're not the unassailable gods you make them out to be.

And this "constant justification" you're talking about has been anything but constant for months!  If you need to reach that far back to find an example, you're grasping for straws while sinking into the quicksand.  I haven't written anything about that deck in over two months - and in that post, I even mentioned that I didn't care for the deck and thus didn't purchase one.  I still don't own one and I'm not losing sleep over it.  Mine was the next-to-last post, the last having been made on the 11th of April of this year.  When a topic's so old you have to blow the dust off of it to read the title, you're probably reaching too far.

I know forums are privately owned, but it is pretty bad when the owner of a forum is strong armed into banning someone by a couple of mods, just because they don't like a person or don't agree with them, that to me is a problem. People shouldn't be banned just because you don't agree with them or they have their own opinions! And so far from what i've seen, the majority of the people over there have spoken favorably of me and voted against the ban. That, I believe, says a lot right there about how people feel about me.

...and none of that matters.  The owner himself came here to explain to you why you were banned.  But seriously, if his TOS is like ours and that of most websites, he can delete your posts or ban your account for pretty much no reason at all.  It certainly wasn't some kind of racial discrimination, unless "Canadian" has now become a race.  He listened to his staff and after trying to stand up for you, finally decided that enough was enough.

It's not much different from me contacting Tom Dawson and asking for something in particular to be done - I "run" the place and keep things flowing as best as I can, but it's his place, not mine.  But if all of the moderators and I approached him not once but FOUR TIMES asking for the same thing, he's a wise enough man to realize we may have a point that he needs to listen to.  In fact, it might not even take that long.  He knows I read every single post that gets made here and that I'm not running this place as my personal fiefdom, because he also knows that what I do here I do for the pleasure of it and that I do my best to remain even-keeled.

Whether people here, or on the UC, like it or not, I have many supporters and many people appreciate my honest reviews and even my criticisms. I've saved some people some money on decks and helped others decide to get certain decks, thanks to my reviews.

Fantastic.  I'm proud of you.  You have nearly 4,800 YouTube subscribers and that's a great thing.  I mentioned that building your name as your brand is very important.

It still doesn't change the fact that the mods and the owner at UC made the decision to ban you.  In fact, that plus four quarters still adds up to only a buck.

Oh yeah, I also found out that the whole "shunning" thing appears to have been a hoax put together by someone in the card community, I just don't know who, but that's pretty low and drastic.

Seriously?  Read what Mike Ratledge had to say and try to convince me...  No one's kicked you off of Kickstarter, so the best they can do is ignore you, right?  Given the circumstances, I'd rather like being ignored for a while if I were in your position.

I shouldn't have to get banned anywhere or move to other sites, I am a part of the playing card community and should be allowed to be here or there if I want, no matter what my opinions or ideas are. We should all be one big happy community, not fighting with one another.  People on these forums need to stop complaining every time somebody says something they don't like and they need to stop acting like children.

And I apologize if I am a bit negative in this post, but when I feel i'm backed into a corner, I have to defend myself.

Victor, again, you're just not getting it.  That one specific site decided they'd had enough of you and in essence told you to move on.  I don't argue when similar events happen to me - I'm one of those people who doesn't want to stay where he's not wanted.  I either move on or I persuade them to want me by making it clear there are benefits to be had with me around.  That's a mature, grown-up response.

One forum is not the entire playing card community.  We're not all fighting one another.  It's you fighting a handful of people and trying to muster potential supporters by making the issue far larger than it really is.  They're not complaining every time someone says something they don't like - they're complaining when YOU say something they don't like, because they're fed up with you and your attitude and you rarely seem to like anything.  So in this case, it's you who is acting like a child, not anyone else.

I gave you the advice I gave you because I felt you needed it and I didn't think you're really so awful a person as some make you out to be, that if given a chance, you could have broken the cycle and started becoming a voice that people want to hear rather than a screech that people want to shut off.  The advice still applies - ignore it at your own risk.

I'm giving you one last post to reply, then I'm locking this topic.  Make it a good one.

Dude 1st impression are everything. You came off as a whiny ass bitch. You wont be able to fix that over night. People will continue to give you shit till it has been a long time since you were that whiny ass bitch. and don says positive things with blue crown because (and correct me if I am wrong)  he is friends with them. I know I have seen him mention the less negative but how he and you would say something are completely different.

It's not simply that I'm friends with people at TBC and HOPC.  It's that they do make some really good stuff.  If I think they're putting something out that's total and utter crap, I'll say something about it - but I'll find a way to get the point across politely and respectfully to them.

John's pretty much on the mark with his statements.  More good advice you shouldn't ignore.

Thanks I will keep trying to improve but maybe if you didn't have such an attitude about it it would help.

Holy crap - you STILL don't get it.  It's YOU that has the attitude, Victor, not EVERYONE ELSE!  We're giving you good advice to make your situation better, and we "have an attitude?"

Screw that.  I'm locking the topic now - don't make a new one on this subject unless you want it deleted.  This is finished, here and now.  Do what you want, because I no longer care.  I was trying to help you possibly more than anyone else on BOTH boards, yet you still want to piss and whine.  My post would not have been this long if I didn't care about trying to assist you, but now, I see there's no convincing you.  Victor is "right" and the entire rest of the community (and probably the world as well) is "wrong" in your eyes, and there's no changing that, so I formally give up and leave you to your own devices.

Best of luck to you in the future - goodbye.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 01:14:32 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 01:30:57 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
A final note on this entire mess of a topic.

Victor sent me a message via PM.  I'm posting it - and my reply - here for all to see, in order to grant you a better understanding of why we took the action that we did.

You know, you talk a lot about this silly reputation score but it seems pretty suspicious that out of everyone on this forum you are the only one to have a rep of nearly 300, nobody else that I see comes anywhere near that, not CBJ, not badpete, nobody. Seems only you, Alex, and Lee Asher have triple digit scores and you all run this place, not suspicious at all is it?

I've heard were you and Alex created thousands of fake accounts on here to bolster the membership numbers and seeing as how that appears true, and I believe it, it wouldn't surprise me if some of those accounts are used to bolster your reputation and even down vote mine and others. And let's face it, there is no way this forum could have 18,000 more members than UC, it's just not possible. Not that you would ever admit creating fake user accounts. I also know from personal experience nobody else would be able to create multiple accounts aside from an admin.

But of course I can't prove any of this. And as i've mentioned before this is the only forum that I am a part of that has anything like that and there is no good or practical reason for it.

Anyway, I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on certain things.

Victor, I brought this message to the attention to the owner of this forum, Tom Dawson.  In addition, I had a discussion with Lee Asher earlier this morning, before the receipt of this message, about the situation you've created on this board.

It is the conclusion of the PCF ownership and corporate officers that you are no longer welcome on this board.  It is our belief that you have created enough disruptions and have antagonized enough people to get banned, so we congratulate you on finally getting your apparent wish fulfilled and being declared persona non grata at the two major forums of the card collecting community.  Despite your refusal to believe it, the situation you're in is entirely of your own making.

Honestly, I regret doing this, but you haven't left me with any preferable choices.  Goodbye, Victor.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 09:40:45 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
And here I thought the last post was REALLY the last post - but alas, it is not.

On November 4th last year, I made a post on my fan page to promote the PCF's 100,000th post contest.  About an hour ago I received this message from Victor Miranda - apparently he doesn't know when to leave well enough alone.

"Well it won't be me because you banned me for having an opinion."

It was not a good idea to contact me.  I wrote this in response.  I broke it into paragraphs here, as I didn't have the option on Facebook when replying and it's not as easy to understand without them.

"Actually, Victor, that's not entirely true.  You were banned for making thinly-veiled accusations impugning my integrity and those of fellow staff member Lee Asher and former owner Alex Yusupov on June 10th of last year at 11:53:17 AM EDT.  You were nearly universally negative in everything you posted and when it started to pile up on you like a ton of bricks, you attempted to play the martyr but no one bought into it.

You were asked to move on and give this attitude up not just by the owner of PCF (and president of 52 Plus Joker) Tom Dawson, but also by the owner of United Cardists, Mike Ratledge - two forums that have a reputation (more undeserved these days than before) for never agreeing on anything!  But you chose the low road and this is where it led.  Mike was kind enough to let you back in, but then again, you didn't accuse him of using his authority to create false accounts and boost his own reputation.

Victor, your problems are of your own creation and no one else's.  People who participate in the Playing Card Forum know that I actually seek out people with differing opinions from my own - without the free flow of ideas, the conversation stagnates and gets very boring.  The moment you realize this is the moment you start to live a better life.

BTW: I noticed that you have been boosting your reputation score, since the last time I saw it, it was somewhere below negative twenty and today stands at sixty-nine.  Thanks for showing me this - I'll go ahead now and delete your account as well as ban your IP addresses you've used.  Congratulations - you're the only actual human being on PCF to go from banned to deleted!  That is an honor usually only reserved for spambots.  Your posts, however, will remain.  In the event you manage to miss this post on Facebook, I'll be reposting it in the two forums mentioned.  I strongly recommend that you don't post to any accounts associated with me at any social media website you happen to use, unless of course you're feeling exceptionally masochistic."

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an account to delete and a post to repost over at United Cardists...

EDIT: here's the UC topic I started for it - http://www.unitedcardists.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6421

Victor Miranda's account is no more.  If anyone had the misfortune of living close enough to him to be using the same IP address, contact me via email (if you can read this) and I'll help with getting you back on board.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:06:05 PM by Don Boyer »