You are Here:
Kickstarter - Cradles of civilization Playing cards

Author (Read 5096 times)

Kickstarter - Cradles of civilization Playing cards
« on: October 02, 2020, 07:07:09 AM »

n3ch3sh

• Newcomer
Hello everyone,

The last two years I have been working sporadically on an originally designed deck of cards, and now having all the designs ready I've started a Kickstarter campaign in order to found the production of the of these cards.

I have named the deck "Cradles of civilization Playing cards", as they are based on the theory of multiple cradles of civilization around the world. The featured civilizations are Greece (spades, India (hearts), Persia (diamonds) and China (clubs). I've always played with the idea of having different cultures representing their own suit, and this is my take on that theme.

You are very welcome to read more about the project at the Kickstarter campaign page http://kck.st/30nNT5T

If the Kickstarter campaign is successful the cards will be produced at a printery that has been active in Tokyo since 1899. Japan have a tradition of fine craftsmanship, and I sure this will turn into a beautiful product. The biggest challenge I face (other than first succeeding with the campaign) is shipping out the decks over the world in its current status. I am planning however, to start shipping by the start of next year, when the holiday rush is over and the state of the pandemic is hopefully a bit more stable. The minimum fee for sending goods from Japan is rather high, so if you are interested in purchasing the deck I recommend you to order a couple of them so that it turns more price worthy.

One of the main reasons I've created this topic though, is to ask for your opinion concerning the project. What are your thoughts on the design, do you have any advice on improvements that should be made? I designed this deck with the goal of making it easy to play with, so if I can get some feedback from players with the experience of playing with different kinds of decks, that would be awesome!

I look forward to hear your opinion!