You are Here:
Hey guys would anyone be able to work out this stack for me?

Author (Read 595 times)

Hey guys would anyone be able to work out this stack for me?
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:50:20 AM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone would be able to work out the stack used in the trick below (PM me if you want)

I'm working on designing a similar type effect myself to use in my own shows but am not mathematically able to work out the exact stack that the cards need to start in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated cheers :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9rsDG0ZDOI&feature=plcp&context=C3e09e05UDOEgsToPDskJDG_haIfL0CUaMZNRxaQ-d
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

Re: Hey guys would anyone be able to work out this stack for me?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 09:32:23 AM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
11 total cards.  This is the positions but obviously they loop around.  I think I can work out the stack from this but I just woke up.  I'll write the names on an old rider back and see if I can get it to work later if I get the time.

4; cat
7; dog
13; mouse
17; clown
21; crow
26; clown
31; horse
35; clown
39; clown
40; star
41; star

Re: Hey guys would anyone be able to work out this stack for me?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
11 total cards.  This is the positions but obviously they loop around.  I think I can work out the stack from this but I just woke up.  I'll write the names on an old rider back and see if I can get it to work later if I get the time.

4; cat
7; dog
13; mouse
17; clown
21; crow
26; clown
31; horse
35; clown
39; clown
40; star
41; star

Yeah the first few cards are the nice easy ones to work out, the looping arounds got me stumped. Hopefully you'll be able to crack the code ;)
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.