You are Here:
Fuego! Day of the Dead Playing Cards [KS Live]

Author (Read 1592 times)

Fuego! Day of the Dead Playing Cards [KS Live]
« on: May 11, 2015, 05:06:32 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
"The Fuego! Playing Cards is the debut deck of Cellar Window. It will have a limited print run through LPCC (Legends Playing Card Company). These cards are inspired by the works of Mexican political printmaker José Guadalupe Posada and his Calaveras and the Latin phrase "Memento Mori". Each design are all illustrated in-house in a very colorful and detailed style. The tuck case will feature the classic long flap, perforated custom stamp seal, inner calavera motif print and exterior embossing to further accentuate the design and to give added texture."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1445131985/fuego-day-of-the-dead-inspired-playing-cards/?ref=kicktraq
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:09:15 AM by 52JokesAndCounting »
Back for more

Re: Fuego! Day of the Dead Playing Cards [KS Live]
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 06:24:25 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
That's a somewhat weird design... and the court characters or cute (in a weird way).

Right then, I'll head over to KS and pledge for a few decks :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 07:10:21 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
That's a somewhat weird design... and the court characters or cute (in a weird way).

it is cute haha  :D
and the fact is going to be printed by LPCC it is even better  ;D
Back for more

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 02:10:52 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I thought the Fuego retail chain was making a deck of cards for a second, reinforced by the cute style and color palate. These are charming, and I'm glad they don't seem to have any connections to the tacky hipster tchotchke store of the same name.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 03:17:00 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty

it is cute haha  :D
and the fact is going to be printed by LPCC it is even better  ;D

Absolutely brother, gotta love Legends! :D

It's interesting that in the past month a few kickstarter projects have chosen to go with LPCC's Emerald Finish. I liked the Serpentine deck very much, and so I was looking forward to seeing more decks with that stock/finish.

I'm confident that this project will get funded, and I look forward to receiving my brick :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 06:12:04 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Absolutely brother, gotta love Legends! :D

It's interesting that in the past month a few kickstarter projects have chosen to go with LPCC's Emerald Finish. I liked the Serpentine deck very much, and so I was looking forward to seeing more decks with that stock/finish.

I'm confident that this project will get funded, and I look forward to receiving my brick :D

Now that is something that I have to experience. I never had the serpentine yet, at least for now.
Back for more

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 01:28:56 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I thought the Fuego retail chain was making a deck of cards for a second, reinforced by the cute style and color palate. These are charming, and I'm glad they don't seem to have any connections to the tacky hipster tchotchke store of the same name.

Never even heard of the store until you mentioned it.  http://shopfuego.com  It's definitely more for the female end of the hipster spectrum.  At least they don't cost an arm and a leg - the stuff's pretty cheap, considering what it could sell for in a real hipster store here in New York.

But yeah, no relation.  Fuego is simply Spanish for fire.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 01:29:35 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 06:11:18 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Never even heard of the store until you mentioned it.  http://shopfuego.com  It's definitely more for the female end of the hipster spectrum.  At least they don't cost an arm and a leg - the stuff's pretty cheap, considering what it could sell for in a real hipster store here in New York.
But yeah, no relation.  Fuego is simply Spanish for fire.

You're not missing anything, in Portland fuego is english for crappy trinkets and cliche T's' but we don't have any lack of expensive boutiques that pull up the higher end of the Hipster spectrum either, so every income bracket of fixie riders is covered.

How many different finishes does LPCC have?
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 07:02:21 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Justin,

LPCC offer 3 types of cards -- diamond finish (just like the master finish by EPCC) and classic finish, both of which are produced in Taiwan, and finally the Emerald Finish which is produced in PRC.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Justin,

LPCC offer 3 types of cards -- diamond finish (just like the master finish by EPCC) and classic finish, both of which are produced in Taiwan, and finally the Emerald Finish which is produced in PRC.

Wait is the emerald finish the same as EPCC global Titan deck finish?
What would you say the difference between the emerald finish with classic finish?
Back for more

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
The EPCC Global Titan finish (which is the same as HOPC's Nautical deck) is actually very different to the Emerald Finish. Although both are printed in China, the Emeral Finish utilises an imported European card stock.

Also, the coating is very different... the Global Titans had something of a drier coating, where as the Emerald Finish uses more of a slick, varnish-like coating.

LPCC describe the Emerald Finish as having flexibility that is somewhere between the feel of the Diamond Finish and the Classic Finish... and I think that is fairly accurate. The card stock is very thin (thinner than even the Legends V1 and the Bee Erdnase 216 deck by CARC), and has really good snap to it.

Like all LPCC and EPCC‎, it outlasts USPCC decks a few times over.

‎I like it very much, and for those who haven't tried using the Serpentine deck yet, I highly recommend it -- at the price that Legends are selling it at, with low cost worldwide shipping, you can't go wrong! :D

http://legendsplayingcards.com/products/serpentine

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Several modest words about Fuego Playing Cards by Cellar Window:

http://playingcardcollector.net/2015/06/09/fuego-playing-cards-by-cellar-window/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net