SaintAlbans

• Newcomer
  • Endeavor to Persevere!

• DeviantArt:

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Hello, I am new to the group. But the reason I registered is to talk to a not very nice bunch of critics of my card project.
I do not suffer trolls lightly!

Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:49:52 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Wait, what?

Welcome to the forums lol
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 11:11:33 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Welcome to the site, I'm sure everyone will be more than happy to talk about your project.

I'll leave with this quote..........
"We need very strong ears to hear ourselves judged frankly, and because there are few who can endure frank criticism without being stung by it, those who venture to criticize us perform a remarkable act of friendship, for to undertake to wound or offend a man for his own good is to have a healthy love for him."
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 11:13:33 PM by Sparkz »

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:43:13 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Welcome to the forum SaintAlbans.
It's always hard to hear criticism, and sometimes we can be a little harsh, but I ask for you to hang around for a while. There are a lot of great designers on this board. For the most part, I think you will see most people are more than willing to give constructive criticism when someone like yourself ask.
Sparkz- great quote +1- Who's the quote from?
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 06:23:54 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Welcome to the forum SaintAlbans.
It's always hard to hear criticism, and sometimes we can be a little harsh, but I ask for you to hang around for a while. There are a lot of great designers on this board. For the most part, I think you will see most people are more than willing to give constructive criticism when someone like yourself ask.
Sparkz- great quote +1- Who's the quote from?

Michel Eyquem de Montaigne, it was sent to me a long time ago by my high school art teacher the night before an art exhibit I had pieces in when I was in my 20s, she was a very strong influence in my work and very supportive. We remained close friends til she passed away in 2002. It was the 1st time I had any work on display and I was nervous as hell, lol
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:24:33 AM by Sparkz »

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 06:55:38 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello, I am new to the group. But the reason I registered is to talk to a not very nice bunch of critics of my card project.

Please understand that we don't mean you any disrespect at all.  Nothing about the comments on your two decks have been personal attacks on you.  We're very enthusiastic about our hobby, and thus we're passionate about playing cards.

Welcome to the boards, and I hope you decide to stay.  Many designers have come here to introduce decks and stayed on to learn from the others that preceded them, improving their design work with feedback from the membership.  It would be a shame for you to miss out on such an opportunity.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/