You are Here:
Greetings everyone!

Author (Read 408 times)

Greetings everyone!
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:59:00 PM »

KaiH

• Newcomer
Hello everyone,

New to this card collecting hobby. In the midst of playing catch up with decks that have previously come out before. Some of them are just so hard to find....and ones that have been found are at crazy inflated prices on ebay... it'll probably take me a long time to find some of them such as Empire, Blueblood, Tendril to name a few.

Well nice to meet everyone, I'll be sticking around for a foreseeable future!

K

Re: Greetings everyone!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 12:02:01 AM »

EvanEssence

• Forum Regular
i'm right where you are bud!  you'll find the good decks you want if you're willing to throw in sometimes 20 bux a deck :)

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 01:32:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello, Kai, and welcome to the PCF.

When I started collecting, I said to myself that as far as modern decks, I wouldn't go so crazy trying to find older decks from before I started my collection.  It helped to keep my spending a little more in check than it would have been otherwise.

The logic for this is that, especially in today's Kickstarter world, there are so many new decks coming out that there will always be something new, rare, great, etc. and you'll have the chance to get that deck at original retail.  Also, getting today's rarities gives you fodder for trading instead of buying when you want to get an older deck - barter deals tend to be more financially beneficial.

Regardless, you enjoy the hobby how you see fit!  If you have a question that the Search function can't help you with, just ask - everyone was new at some time and we remember what it's like, so we go easy on the new people and we're pretty friendly in general.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:07 AM »

HankMan

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Hi KaiH,

Welcome  :) and I guess we have the same problem = )
I am also looking to get so many cards.. but later I also realised what Don's said earlier...

Now instead of hunting for older deck I am keeping track on kickstarter to get new decks which maybe worth collecting...

Still its not cheap, but at least its cheaper now than later  :D
Back for more