Legends Blue and Red V2.0

Author (Read 7622 times)

Re: Legends Blue and Red V2.0
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos

I'm very pleased with them and the 5 colors make a nice looking set.

5? Don't you mean 6?

I think he means 4 colors, 6 decks. Red, Blue, Green & Black. The Red & Blue were used for both 1st and V2 editions.

That still doesn't make 5 decks though...
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2014, 09:33:45 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I'm very pleased with them and the 5 colors make a nice looking set.

5? Don't you mean 6?

I think he means 4 colors, 6 decks. Red, Blue, Green & Black. The Red & Blue were used for both 1st and V2 editions.

That still doesn't make 5 decks though...

True. For him the 5 of 6 he owns, makes a set. It's just not the complete set. :)

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2014, 06:52:25 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I got mine today from good old jpplaying cards :) ordered Friday evening. That window on the tuck box has really grown on me.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:57:20 AM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2014, 08:53:21 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I did mean 6, the complete set. I just miscounted. Senior moment! ;-)

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2014, 08:59:21 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I'm surprised these are still available at JP's. The last time I looked, they had 15 (each color) left in stock? They should be gone by the end of the week.

They're still not reaching a mainstream audience. Playing Cards in general OUTSIDE of the community are a "buy on need" type of product. However, I would have thought the communities response would have been much greater. There are still barriers of devoted USPCC users to break through in the community.

I would have used the V2 as demographic test also. Were these available OR released into the Asian market? Whats the general consensus of an American designed (Stutzman) product in the Asian market? I believe these are all concerns Lawrence should be looking into. As much as I would love to believe its an open market in terms of importing and exporting goods. U.S. imports more then it exports. Some of that has to do with cultural acceptance of American small business. Will this product be seen as a Taiwanese (Asian) product or an American product (Stutzman)?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:38:05 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2014, 11:31:30 AM »

Strag

• True Member
I'm surprised these are still available at JP's. The last time I looked, they had 15 (each color) left in stock? They should be gone by the end of the week.

They're still not reaching a mainstream audience. Playing Cards in general OUTSIDE of the community are a "buy on need" type of product. However, I would have thought the communities response would have been much greater. There are still barriers of devoted USPCC users to break through in the community.

I would have used the V2 as demographic test also. Were these available OR released into the Asian market? Whats the general consensus of an American designed (Stutzman) product in the Asian market? I believe these are all concerns Lawrence should be looking into. As much as I would love to believe its an open market in terms of importing and exporting goods. U.S. imports more then it exports. Some of that has to do with cultural acceptance of American small business. Will this product be seen as a Taiwanese (Asian) product or an American product (Stutzman)?

You might be missing the boat.  There was almost no promotion of the deck and it was only available through two sources.  I think being available for 5 days after release is just fine. 

« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2014, 11:34:36 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

As of today, he's got 7 left in stock (6 x blue 1 x red) they'll go in due time, there's no rush :)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 11:35:08 AM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Re: Legends Blue and Red V2.0 now available BE QUICK only 235 available
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2014, 12:43:07 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I think the sad thing is that I was hoping that they'd be more mass produced as I wanted one to play with. I think it's time to befriend Lawrence Sullivan!  ;) Gotta make a trip to Hong Kong now.

The Blue Legends v2 looks amazing; the original V1 Blue Legends was beautiful and I'm glad to see they kept the same blue. I hope there's a V3 that's more mass-produced so I won't cringe when I open a deck of Legends playing cards.

I think that's the plan. Since the seal already uses the Chinese translation for "poker" I hope the Asian mass produced decks (v3) do a full translation on the tuck box. Legends = 传奇 Diamond Cut = 钻石切工 etc... I think the Asian V3 will be quite collectible here in the U.S. just because of our visual brand recognition of legends already. It also should help make the cultural transition of the brand more acceptable.

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
As of a few moments ago they're now sold out. They were available for just over 3 days and I did my best to be fair to various regular customers who have been interested in these for some time. With a limit on how many decks can be purchased by any one customer - they were never going to sell out instantly.

Don't forget I'm just a small UK stockist in comparison to the customer/membership base CARC has.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk