You are Here:
Legends Blue and Red V2.0

Author (Read 7622 times)

Re: Legends Blue and Red V2.0 now available BE QUICK only 235 available
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Well done to everyone that snapped up some of these... because I've just checked CARC, and both the red and blue V2 Legends are showing as out of stock.

I was at work when I received the e-mail... and I thought I'd missed them, because two hours had passed since the e-mail had arrived! Luckily they still were in stock when I checked at the time. I picked up a mixed brick, and although UK customs will tear me a new one, I figured that I'd probably not get another chance to buy a brick of them ever again (I'll hopefully buy 6 more when they go on sale over at JP this Friday).

I loved the black V2s, and these look just as awesome also. Definitely a 'must have' for my collection.

Mr Kalush asked for feedback on the change in how shipping is handled. For what it's worth, I prefer this new way. Previously I'd purchased 3 sets of red and blue exquisites, and seeing as they were sent in a single package, I ended up paying more for shipping than what the actual cost ended up being. Seeing as there was no way of combining the shipping using the old way, it wasn't particularly cool for me. This new way resolves that problem. Thumbs up from me :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 09:33:34 PM »

vmagic

Well I don't know if it is the new shipping method or not, all I know is my last 2 orders, Black Legends & Exquisites and then the Erdnase pack, cost me a bunch of customs fees which I never had to pay before. Perhaps they should simply ship packages as "gifts" to avoid this if they aren't doing so.

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 09:47:41 PM »

Firdawesome

• True Member
Perhaps they should simply ship packages as "gifts" to avoid this if they aren't doing so.

If you get caught falsely declaring packages as gifts, you'll get slapped with a fine. CARC aren't gonna do that to save you a couple of bucks.

I tried buying a mixed half-brick of these beauties when I read the email, but for some reason my payment wasn't accepted. Has it got anything to do with me being from Singapore?

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 11:56:28 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
And if you're a collector, you realize that many of those will be opened so unlike most hype-machine decks, this one can be considered on the rare side.

That would fit in line with the previous 4 versions that all were around 1,000 each.

Four versions??  There's been only two, each in three colors!

Looks more like orange than red.  :)

No, it's red.

I think the sad thing is that I was hoping that they'd be more mass produced as I wanted one to play with. I think it's time to befriend Lawrence Sullivan!  ;) Gotta make a trip to Hong Kong now.

The Blue Legends v2 looks amazing; the original V1 Blue Legends was beautiful and I'm glad to see they kept the same blue. I hope there's a V3 that's more mass-produced so I won't cringe when I open a deck of Legends playing cards.

That's the general idea.  Lawrence wants this to become a staple deck in Asia, much like Bicycle is here in the States.  Ambitious, but he could at least make a nice dent in the market, I'm sure.

Well I don't know if it is the new shipping method or not, all I know is my last 2 orders, Black Legends & Exquisites and then the Erdnase pack, cost me a bunch of customs fees which I never had to pay before. Perhaps they should simply ship packages as "gifts" to avoid this if they aren't doing so.

You're not very well-versed in Customs laws, are you, Victor?  If they did indeed do that just for you, this message alone would constitute evidence enough to charge you with conspiracy to evade Customs duties and tax evasion.  Governments tend to frown on such things...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 12:18:52 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
Just out of curiosity, how much was international shipping for 2 decks?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:19:05 AM by Yashi »

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2014, 12:33:14 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Just out of curiosity, how much was international shipping for 2 decks?

I can't say, since you can't pull up the shipping costs for a sold-out product on the site.

This, however, is the shipping costs of a previous release, the Global Titans - it should give you some idea of what international shipping costs from CARC:

Member pricing (includes shipping!)(Members must log in for discounted pricing):

Domestic:

1 deck = $7.99 ($4.49 + $3.50 shipping)
12 decks = $49.99 (Postpaid! Just $4.17/deck!)
144 decks = $499 (Postpaid! Just $3.47/deck!)

Canada:

1 deck = $13.99 ($4.49 + $9.50 shipping)
12 decks = $72.49 ($49.99 + $22.50 shipping; $6.04/deck)
144 decks = $630.50 ($499 + $131.50 shipping; only $4.38/deck!)

International:

1 deck = $15.99 ($4.49 + $11.50 shipping)
12 decks = $76.49 ($49.99 + $26.50 shipping; $6.37/deck)
144 decks= $680.50 ($499 + $181.50 shipping, only $4.73/deck!)

Non-member pricing (includes shipping!):

Domestic:

1 deck = $8.45 ($4.95 + $3.50 shipping)
12 decks = $54.99 (Postpaid! Just $4.58/deck!)
144 decks = $574 (Postpaid! Just $3.99/deck!)

Canada:

1 deck = $14.45 ($4.95 + $9.50 shipping)
12 decks = $77.49 ($54.99 + $22.50 shipping; $6.46/deck)
144 decks = $705.50 ($574 + $131.50 shipping; only $4.90/deck!)

International:

1 deck = $16.45 ($4.95 + $11.50 shipping)
12 decks = $81.49 ($54.99 + $26.50 shipping; $6.79/deck)
144 decks= $755.50 ($574 + $181.50 shipping, only $5.25/deck!)

*Conjuring Arts is not responsible for items shipped without insurance. Conjuring Arts policy is to always state the actual cost of items shipped on the customs form.

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Perhaps versions is the wrong word, but it's the way that I think of different decks. Three colors in the first edition, and then black. 4 different decks before these. That's 4 versions to me. Of course, not including these two.

V.1 and V.2 X 3 colors each. I knew what I was saying, you were supposed to read my mind!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:13:15 AM by BiggerDee »

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 01:34:10 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
Thanks Don. Shipping is quite pricey but for $5 a deck + domestic shipping, I guess it makes sense. From what I read in this thread, it's good they decided to combine shipping costs. That was one of my complaints when I tried to buy Exquisites.

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 03:39:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I knew what I was saying, you were supposed to read my mind!

Sorry - my crystal ball is in my other pants...

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 02:12:53 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Gosh darn it!  I've been sick this week and just now logged on to check my email.  Missed it.

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Even sick I log on every day.  You never know hehe.  But I am sure you will be able to pick some up on ebay  or you can try JP Middleton store. His decks go on sale friday i do believe

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 04:57:05 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I'm not sure if is your new shipping method or what, but my last 2 orders with you guys cost me over $25 each in customs fees and I NEVER pay customs fees on playing cards or magic related stuff through USPC with any other company. Can you guys please do something about that? I can't be the only customer paying these ridiculous nonsense fees!

I'm afraid there is no new shipping method, only how we charge, which is either with shipping included in the price, or shipping separated out.
We ship nearly everything via USPS (and have always done so) and we always state the actual cost of goods on the customs forms. As we are a Federally approved 501(c)3 U.S. non-profit we can't risk fudging on things like customs declarations. Any ridiculous customs you pay goes directly to your government and I'm afraid we can't influence their rules as well as you can. My only advice is to take up the "ridiculous nonsense fees" with your government representative, if you have one.

I tried buying a mixed half-brick of these beauties when I read the email, but for some reason my payment wasn't accepted. Has it got anything to do with me being from Singapore?

I'm sorry about that but for some unknown reason people in Singapore aren't allowed to paypal to a charity or non-profit in the U.S. In the future write to ricky@conjuringarts.org and tell him you are in Singapore and we can give you another paypal account you can pay to and you won't have to miss out. Also, we are praying the lost box of decks will come in the mail one day and we will be able to release a few more (not too many) of the Legends V-2 Red and Blue decks. I'll keep you all posted.

bk
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 05:07:49 PM by WKalush »

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator

I'm not sure if is your new shipping method or what, but my last 2 orders with you guys cost me over $25 each in customs fees and I NEVER pay customs fees on playing cards or magic related stuff through USPC with any other company. Can you guys please do something about that? I can't be the only customer paying these ridiculous nonsense fees!
Nope they will not. I had mailed them and asked about declaring my parcel just $5 lower..nope no chance.Had to pay $11 customs fees.
Theory11, D$D , TBC etc. they all help you out...but not CARC.
So if you are a international customer you have a tough time...expensive shipping cost by the USPS and then on top of the total 19-20% customs fees. Hallejula!
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 06:02:21 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Also, we are praying the lost box of decks will come in the mail one day and we will be able to release a few more (not too many) of the Legends V-2 Red and Blue decks. I'll keep you all posted.

Shipping transportation have accidents all the time. Looks like those Somali Pirates will have some nice playing cards.

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 07:02:31 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

Nope they will not. I had mailed them and asked about declaring my parcel just $5 lower..nope no chance.Had to pay $11 customs fees.
Theory11, D$D , TBC etc. they all help you out...but not CARC.
So if you are a international customer you have a tough time...expensive shipping cost by the USPS and then on top of the total 19-20% customs fees. Hallejula!

Hmmm I'm from the Uk, I've purchased from CARC many a time before and I've never had to pay customs. Ellusionist packages I've had to pay customs in the past.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:20:28 PM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

Re: Legends Blue and Red V2.0
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 07:05:43 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Customs and duty (to the UK) are officially due on ALL purchases of the value of £15 or more, but realistically - I honestly believe it depends on what staff are working on any given day. Essentially if they're good at their job, you'll get the correct charge applied - if they're not so good, it will probably get through without a customs charge.

~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »

PrincessTrouble

• Don't Use This!
  • Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
These are up now at JP Playing Cards.  Scored a few!  :)

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »

badpete69

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
Got mine from CARC yesterday.. That was fast

« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Half the stock has gone in the first half an hour folks, be quick if you still want some.
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 05:21:39 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
As I noted, I got three of these, one to play with, and one of each color to hold on to.  This is my first legends deck - everything about them is excellent, but I personally had some trouble faroing them out of the box...I probably need to work on my faroing technique  Other than that - design is wonderful, handling is exceptional, perfect perfect perfect width of the borders. Love the AoS, one Joker, one blank card.  Great deck!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:22:52 PM by HandSkillz »
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »

WKalush

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
As I noted, I got three of these, one to play with, and one of each color to hold on to.  This is my first legends deck - everything about them is excellent, but I personally had some trouble faroing them out of the box...I probably need to work on my faroing technique  Other than that - design is wonderful, handling is exceptional, perfect perfect perfect width of the borders. Love the AoS, one Joker, one blank card.  Great deck!

I'm really pleased you like them. Lawrence and I have some big things planned for this year including introducing some new finishes etc, and I think you like them.
The Legends and Exquisites general can faro easily either from top down or bottom up right out of the box. Whereas the traditionally cut USPCC decks faro bottom up and the all those other USPCC decks faro top down. For table faros most cardmen want the decks traditionally cut. The legends should work perfectly right out of the box regardless of your preference. If you want help with your technique look up some of Derek Dingle's ideas in his big book. He showed me a little finger buffer technique that gives you perfect control and makes the shuffle much easier.

bk

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 08:53:01 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover

I'm really pleased you like them. Lawrence and I have some big things planned for this year including introducing some new finishes etc, and I think you like them.
The Legends and Exquisites general can faro easily either from top down or bottom up right out of the box. Whereas the traditionally cut USPCC decks faro bottom up and the all those other USPCC decks faro top down. For table faros most cardmen want the decks traditionally cut. The legends should work perfectly right out of the box regardless of your preference. If you want help with your technique look up some of Derek Dingle's ideas in his big book. He showed me a little finger buffer technique that gives you perfect control and makes the shuffle much easier.

bk

That's exactly what I need.  It's definitely on me, once I broke them in a bit I got them to faro no problem, so my technique isn't quite there yet.
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2014, 08:30:40 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I placed two orders for these with CARC (sequential order numbers). Had a change of heart and decided to get more. Extra shipping but oh well. My first order shipped and I received them on Friday. My second order hasn't even shipped. Weird!

I'm very pleased with them and the 5 colors make a nice looking set.

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2014, 08:42:22 PM »

john

• cham cham cham
  • Frequent Flyer
  • "Shh don't wake the bitches" - Zimos

5? Don't you mean 6?
"I got my people, watching the corners, letting me know where the bitches are." - Zimos

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2014, 08:45:18 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

5? Don't you mean 6?

I think he means 4 colors, 6 decks. Red, Blue, Green & Black. The Red & Blue were used for both 1st and V2 editions.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:46:04 PM by !An0nym0u5 »