You are Here:
[KS] The Grimoire Series, Pt 1- Coming 10/07 from The Edgy Brothers

Author (Read 4379 times)

Re: [KS] The Grimoire Series, Pt 1- Coming 10/07 from The Edgy Brothers
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 10:31:56 PM »

edgybros

I don't know.  Any box in the indices means that you must bring it into the card thus having to have a wider spread of cards.  Meaning you will have less cards in your hand.  That is a bad thing.

thanks for the feedback. the cards are designed to replicate the feel of a page of a medieval manuscript, hence the box around the indice. not likely to help for sleight of hand, surely. it's something we'll tweak if we can do it without compromising that design theme.

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 02:33:39 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I don't know.  Any box in the indices means that you must bring it into the card thus having to have a wider spread of cards.  Meaning you will have less cards in your hand.  That is a bad thing.

thanks for the feedback. the cards are designed to replicate the feel of a page of a medieval manuscript, hence the box around the indice. not likely to help for sleight of hand, surely. it's something we'll tweak if we can do it without compromising that design theme.

I'd be less concerned about a box around the index, more concerned about having the value and suit properly aligned - vertically, the center of each should be on the same line.  In fact, if you want to keep the box on the index, put the suit in the box with the value - they should be together, easily and quickly read.  I think that they're narrow enough that the box shouldn't make a significant difference, but you should try to push the index as far into that corner as you can get it without the printer having a conniption fit about alignment issues and die lines.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 02:07:47 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »

CthulhuWho1

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I couldn't resist these, especially the Elemental decks with their beautiful backs!

So I'm in for a few decks.

But I had to post the following in the Kickstarter Comments section today:

Hey Edgy Brothers, I'm backing you again, but I'd like for you to change part of your deck descriptions.

There's no such thing as a "Bicycle Unbranded" deck.  Your cards are only Bicycle Branded when you pay the extra fees to use their brand.

If you don't pay to have a Bicycle Branded deck, but you have your cards printed by the United States Playing Card Company (USPCC), then they are just USPCC printed cards; and NOT Bicycle anything.

You might also spell out the card stock your decks will be printed on by the USPCC.

But Please remove the Bicycle reference!

Will Hart
Fullerton, California

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 03:18:58 PM »

PurpleIce

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
I couldn't resist these, especially the Elemental decks with their beautiful backs!

So I'm in for a few decks.

But I had to post the following in the Kickstarter Comments section today:

Hey Edgy Brothers, I'm backing you again, but I'd like for you to change part of your deck descriptions.

There's no such thing as a "Bicycle Unbranded" deck.  Your cards are only Bicycle Branded when you pay the extra fees to use their brand.

If you don't pay to have a Bicycle Branded deck, but you have your cards printed by the United States Playing Card Company (USPCC), then they are just USPCC printed cards; and NOT Bicycle anything.

You might also spell out the card stock your decks will be printed on by the USPCC.

But Please remove the Bicycle reference!

Will Hart
Fullerton, California

Well, they could be printing under USPC using Bicycle Stock #808, just not using Bicycle Brand.

Of course, "Bicycle Unbranded" sounds weird, just need to rephrase it a little, like printed using Bicycle Stock or Bicycle Quality Playing Cards if it really matters that much.  :)

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 03:35:58 PM »

edgybros

already corrected, as i see will and i are crossing paths on multiple forums today  ;). and yes, the terms uspcc likes to use to describe their choices and features can be confusing, as we're finding out.

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 03:37:46 PM »

edgybros

I'd be less concerned about a box around the index, more concerned about having the value and suit properly aligned - vertically, the center of each should be on the same line.  In fact, if you want to keep the box on the index, put the suit in the box with the value - they should be together, easily and quickly read.  I think that they're narrow enough that the box shouldn't make a significant difference, but you should try to push the index as far into that corner as you can get it without the printer having a conniption fit about alignment issues and die lines.
made a tweak. check out the new design:

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2014, 01:26:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

made a tweak. check out the new design:

Looks better.  Try comparing this to a new version with the index suit inside the index box, below the value.  It will make the suit stand out more - right now it looks like some kind of tacked-on afterthought.  Indices should be quickly and easily read - the easier to read, the better.  Gorgeous art with a not-so-great index design will add up to an infrequently-used deck!  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 01:55:09 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
Active on Kickstarter. This time Expert Playing Card Company.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/213168680/the-grimoire-series-pt-1-playing-cards-by-edgy-bro

Interesting decks. There are a lot of hidden symbols in them. My 2 cents:
http://playingcardcollector.net/2014/10/21/grimoire-playing-cards-1-by-edgy-brothers/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 12:43:43 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Friendly reminder for the Necromancy deck. About 58 hours left on these. :)

They are offering as an odd-on three of the Dia de los Muertos Decks at the same price they offered them at on their respective KS campaign if you missed out. $10 a deck is a pretty nice price on them, check Update #4. ;)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2014, 01:22:22 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
They have unlocked the Elemental Magick deck early. :D

Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)