[NEW] Madison Dealers V2 Scarlet & Black w/ Borders

Author (Read 15633 times)

Re: [NEW] Madison Dealers V2 Scarlet & Black w/ Borders
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 02:30:54 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
  • Mere-Mortal playing card collector
Ok. This "Limited Edition-Alternate Color" craze is getting really annoying.

The black design is the best one, in my opinion, but I definitely don't want to throw down the cash for one. Why not make a separate design the limited edition? Hell, why even have a limited edition?

Honestly, I'd imagine it's just cost. Depending on who they got the design the Madison court cards (in house graphic design team or outside graphic designer), it could cost them no actual money to use them over and over again. Hiring a design is costly not to add to the cost of printing a deck. Obviously with the numbers they print it it's a lot cheaper than Kickstarter deck, but add in the cost a good designer, not to add in the original overhead cost already of staffing, promotion, fulfilment, etc, it's probably more than most companies want to pay which is probably why Ellusionist enjoys reusing the Artifice style court cards, Madison court cards or just the regular standard court cards and explains why the Pressers are sold for a higher price.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 02:39:47 PM by bhong »

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 05:04:07 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Ok. This "Limited Edition-Alternate Color" craze is getting really annoying.

The black design is the best one, in my opinion, but I definitely don't want to throw down the cash for one. Why not make a separate design the limited edition? Hell, why even have a limited edition?

Honestly, I'd imagine it's just cost. Depending on who they got the design the Madison court cards (in house graphic design team or outside graphic designer), it could cost them no actual money to use them over and over again. Hiring a design is costly not to add to the cost of printing a deck. Obviously with the numbers they print it it's a lot cheaper than Kickstarter deck, but add in the cost a good designer, not to add in the original overhead cost already of staffing, promotion, fulfilment, etc, it's probably more than most companies want to pay which is probably why Ellusionist enjoys reusing the Artifice style court cards, Madison court cards or just the regular standard court cards and explains why the Pressers are sold for a higher price.

But the court cards don't matter, in this case. And they're already printing another deck color, just in a smaller run. Same cost as the unlimited deck, but less availability and a higher price tag.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2014, 06:51:20 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Can we confirm this is just the Scarlet deck tonight?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:45:50 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2014, 07:08:43 PM »

vmagic

Red is all I see. Tried adding a brick and didn't get anything free. They'll probably do blacks and greens next time.

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2014, 11:09:44 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I suppose this must be a mini dealers deck then?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 11:12:41 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 06:08:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Red is all I see. Tried adding a brick and didn't get anything free. They'll probably do blacks and greens next time.

Well, adding a brick and getting nothing extra makes sense, since they didn't advertise that you'd get anything extra...

I suppose this must be a mini dealers deck then?

I mentioned earlier, Daniel Madison has big hands.  It's a poker-sized card.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 08:01:25 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I mentioned earlier, Daniel Madison has big hands.  It's a poker-sized card.

It's a BIG coincidence that E released 5 mini decks. They created a similar photo with the Artifice.

Yea, I saw the tweet that the Dealers picture comes with. It's poker sized.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:02:04 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 03:30:23 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
anyone know about Daniel Madison's secret store? I was pursuing the web and had left my developer window open. Not much there just some books.
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2014, 11:42:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
anyone know about Daniel Madison's secret store? I was pursuing the web and had left my developer window open. Not much there just some books.

Well, I would do one of two things under the circumstances:

1) share the secret, or

2) keep the secret!

I'd be curious about the books there - are they present stock or are they older titles and out of print, only accessible from this secret location (as if anything could be kept secret on the Internet)...

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2014, 10:11:48 PM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty
Anyone on the board pick these up? Mine finally arrived today and I noticed that every single deck I have ended up having two seals (like the seals are just stuck on top of each other). So I'm just curious if that's a goof on USPCC's part or some kind of extra something for a card trick? I guess if it's a goof, at least it's a good way to tell first print run from future print runs.

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2014, 05:10:40 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Anyone on the board pick these up? Mine finally arrived today and I noticed that every single deck I have ended up having two seals (like the seals are just stuck on top of each other). So I'm just curious if that's a goof on USPCC's part or some kind of extra something for a card trick? I guess if it's a goof, at least it's a good way to tell first print run from future print runs.

Probably an accident on USPC's part.  Are the stickers identical?  If they aren't, it wouldn't be the first time the company put the wrong sticker in place and just put another on top of it to cover the error.

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 10:03:22 AM »

bhong

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Royalty

Probably an accident on USPC's part.  Are the stickers identical?  If they aren't, it wouldn't be the first time the company put the wrong sticker in place and just put another on top of it to cover the error.

Yep, all of the stickers are identical. I ended up picking up half a brick, which I know is nothing in a big print of thousands, but just thought it was odd that all of them had double stickers on top of each other. Anyone else's Bordered Dealers have that?

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2014, 12:40:36 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran

Well, I would do one of two things under the circumstances:

1) share the secret, or

2) keep the secret!

I'd be curious about the books there - are they present stock or are they older titles and out of print, only accessible from this secret location (as if anything could be kept secret on the Internet)...

whooops just saw this.
Here is what is in it. All prices are in GBP
Madison Said--- printed autographed book.. its a bunch of random things he has thought.  30.00
How to Cheat at Cards by Daniel Madison - Printed and Autographed Book          50.00
3.    The Advocate by Daniel Madison - Printed and Autographed Book          50.00
4.    The Expert at the Card Table by S. W. Erdnase - Madison Edition.          25.00
5.    Madison Card Clip + 1st Edition, Signed, Scarlet Rounders, blue rounders or players  (scarlet dealers sold out) only 15 of each made--- 100
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2015, 03:01:05 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Hey folks

I was going through my collection and wanted to know, are the Black v2 Dealers the rarest of Madison Decks? If I remember the promotion correctly when I first recieved the Black v2, I had to spend $150 through Ellusionist to get one. I have not seen a promotion since making this deck available. Your thoughts and opinions?

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2015, 06:13:55 AM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
CP,

The Black V2 Dealers are relatively easy to get hold of on eBay these days -- and even the price isn't as high as it is for other Madison limited edition decks.

The Orange Hustlers are probably the easiest and cheapest of all Madison Limited Editions, and after that is probably the red V1 Dealers and the Black V2 Dealers.

These days I'd say that the toughest (released decks) to find are the V1 red Rounders (not the recent private reserve rounders), and the blue rounders. When they are found, the price tag is pretty high!
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2015, 05:43:56 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
CP,

The Black V2 Dealers are relatively easy to get hold of on eBay these days -- and even the price isn't as high as it is for other Madison limited edition decks.

The Orange Hustlers are probably the easiest and cheapest of all Madison Limited Editions, and after that is probably the red V1 Dealers and the Black V2 Dealers.

These days I'd say that the toughest (released decks) to find are the V1 red Rounders (not the recent private reserve rounders), and the blue rounders. When they are found, the price tag is pretty high!

Yea. I figured the original limited Rounders (scarlet & blue) would fetch more. Isn't that usually the way!? I checked on eBay. Sometimes rareness does not equal price. I was basing my question on availability. Yes, I see the v2 Dealers are easier to obtain also.

I wonder how so many more have the v2 Dealers then the limited rounders? Was there another Elusionist promotion I'm not recalling? Could so many have taken advantage of the $150 promotion?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:44:39 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2015, 08:34:05 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
CP,

Yea. I figured the original limited Rounders (scarlet & blue) would fetch more. Isn't that usually the way!? I checked on eBay. Sometimes rareness does not equal price. I was basing my question on availability. Yes, I see the v2 Dealers are easier to obtain also.

I wonder how so many more have the v2 Dealers then the limited rounders? Was there another Elusionist promotion I'm not recalling? Could so many have taken advantage of the $150 promotion?

I wonder how the hell you can keep track of all the different but too-similar names of all the Madison decks without some kind of scorecard...

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2015, 11:12:45 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
CP,

I wonder how the hell you can keep track of all the different but too-similar names of all the Madison decks without some kind of scorecard...

Haha 😂 Well, I stopped before Hustlers. So it's not that difficult. It's either Players, Rounders or Dealers.

Madison's brand was golden before Hustlers.

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Haha 😂 Well, I stopped before Hustlers. So it's not that difficult. It's either Players, Rounders or Dealers.

I drew the line at Expectorators.  Or was it Masticators?  No, wait - it was Madison's Osculators!

...and when Madison's Micturaters come out, I quit magic and become a monk...

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2015, 11:27:59 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I drew the line at Expectorators.  Or was it Masticators?  No, wait - it was Madison's Osculators!

...and when Madison's Micturaters come out, I quit magic and become a monk...

"Boycotters" (Don Boyer) Deck sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 07:28:19 AM by Card Player »