[NEW] Madison Dealers V2 Scarlet & Black w/ Borders

Author (Read 15635 times)

Re: [NEW] Madison Dealers V2 Scarlet & Black w/ Borders
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 03:04:08 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
In that case, sorry about that bro -- I thought you were referring to the V1 Dealers being for magicians, despite them clearly being for gamblers.

I guess the only intelligent use (apart from practising with them) for Dealers would be some sort of gambling demonstration. As you've correctly stated, using the Dealers (or for that matter, any deck with such obvious markings) in a real game is suicidal.

My personal opinion is that Ellusionist have done the Madison cards to death.

I agree on that point.

I can say one positive thing about the Dealers - they're extremely difficult to detect as marked when using the riffle test.  The changes are tiny from card to card, therefore more difficult to spot.

My favorite marked deck right now would be the Bicycle Mandolin Back GT Speedreaders.  They're as easy to read as a pack of the Ultimate Marked Deck, but the markings are in the wrong corners for gamblers, the right corners for a right-to-left spread, leaving the marks upside down to the spectator.  They can be detected in a riffle test, but since they're in the wrong corner, it's possible the markings will be missed.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
I might pick up a black deck. I think the design would work well in black.

However, the design really does look like it should be borderless. I'm getting kind of tired of Daniel Madison's cards. It was new and creative at first, but it got tired REAL fast. I really hope his next one breaks away from his logo.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
@Ellusionist: When @TomasHlavaty saw #Dealers and #Rounders, he was inspired to upgrade the court cards. http://t.co/GMu1QGODP6

I saw this yesterday when it first was tweeted. The upgrade looks really nice! I'm hoping we will see a full version on the v2 Dealers. It does not seem as if they were created for actual decks, only for artistic purposes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:54:54 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
Who's the Queen of Clubs? She reminds me of one of the participants in Penn and Teller: Fool Us.

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 11:04:40 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Who's the Queen of Clubs? She reminds me of one of the participants in Penn and Teller: Fool Us.

Laura London
@Misslondonmagic

http://the52.magicisdead.com/

She was the one from "Fool Us".
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:45:58 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 01:06:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
@Ellusionist: When @TomasHlavaty saw #Dealers and #Rounders, he was inspired to upgrade the court cards. http://t.co/GMu1QGODP6

I saw this yesterday when it first was tweeted. The upgrade looks really nice! I'm hoping we will see a full version on the v2 Dealers. It does not seem as if they were created for actual decks, only for artistic purposes.

Those are so much better than version 1!

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 03:23:40 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

make these court cards become gaffs more fun :)) D+M look like run out of idea to me

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 06:11:25 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
make these court cards become gaffs more fun :)) D+M look like run out of idea to me

You sound like you love and hate them at the same time.  Perhaps adding those extra words and fiddly punctuation bits to make complete sentences will help...  :))

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2014, 09:05:34 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

You sound like you love and hate them at the same time.  Perhaps adding those extra words and fiddly punctuation bits to make complete sentences will help...  :))
haha, DM is still my idol - i like his style in Flourish and Magic, and i could like the redesigns of court cards if they are true, but bring out too much variation of colors and border/no borders is really annoys - no more new idea eh  :karrit: . what could be next ?! Reboot Rounders Series without border maybe  :-\ or maybe gold Rounder/Dealer ??? damn, i missed the first time i have fun with Player, now DM and E's just like vampire to me  :mindf-ck: money-thirsty

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
New Tweet........."Coming Soon". I kind of still like the borderless version, not that these look bad, but I'm not a magician either  ;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 10:09:40 AM by Sparkz »

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2014, 10:31:53 AM »

crazyfandecks

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

because of pts or that card is smaller than normal

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2014, 11:00:11 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
New Tweet........."Coming Soon". I kind of still like the borderless version, not that these look bad, but I'm not a magician either  ;)

A release date would be nice. "Coming Soon" does not tell us anything we did not already know. They are painfully dragging this along, even some of the latest DM tweets. We already know about the borders 3x. Poor utilization of social media on E's part, especially if they are retweeting DM's "border" tweet's already.

DM posing with a border patrol agent would have been classic!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:13:02 AM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

haha, DM is still my idol - i like his style in Flourish and Magic, and i could like the redesigns of court cards if they are true, but bring out too much variation of colors and border/no borders is really annoys - no more new idea eh  :karrit: . what could be next ?! Reboot Rounders Series without border maybe  :-\ or maybe gold Rounder/Dealer ??? damn, i missed the first time i have fun with Player, now DM and E's just like vampire to me  :mindf-ck: money-thirsty

I met him two weeks ago in Brooklyn - he's a very nice fellow, quite personable.

I doubt the Rounders would be rebooted as borderless.

A release date would be nice. "Coming Soon" does not tell us anything we did not already know. They are painfully dragging this along, even some of the latest DM tweets. We already know about the borders 3x. Poor utilization of social media on E's part, especially if they are retweeting DM's "border" tweet's already.

I think that photo's kind of cool, actually.  Daniel has BIG hands - the card looks almost bridge-sized!

E doesn't drag these things out indefinitely - I'm thinking the new deck will be on sale before the month's end.

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I think that photo's kind of cool, actually.  Daniel has BIG hands - the card looks almost bridge-sized!

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:32:20 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

These are being released on Wednesday to the general public. So Tuesday for black club members.
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover
Can we assume that whatever the limited color is will be offered with a brick of the unlimited and/or with a new dvd they're releasing, or has it been specifically stated what they're doing?
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Can we assume that whatever the limited color is will be offered with a brick of the unlimited and/or with a new dvd they're releasing, or has it been specifically stated what they're doing?

We can't assume. LOL The Black is the limited deck this time.

Oh Sorry!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:43:54 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 04:46:22 PM »

vmagic

It's possible Ellusionist might just sell them and not make them a freebie.

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 04:56:26 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Personally I think I should get all my decks for free. Imagine that - Give a board member free swag for being positive about products. Something to think about! I think we have someone on our board like that already! lol Maybe?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:02:29 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 07:34:36 PM »

HandSkillz

• Discourse Lover

Personally I think I should get all my decks for free. Imagine that - Give a board member free swag for being positive about products. Something to think about! I think we have someone on our board like that already! lol Maybe?

I have no idea who you could possibly be talking about  :-\ Though I would guess that if someone did get free things he would return any favors 10 fold when he could!
Starting to get better...have to stay dedicated...can't lose any more cards in the middle of a trick.  Literally, completely lost a card.

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran

What!!! I hearby declare that guys stuff the greatest stuff of that particular line of stuff.

Now when does my stuff show up?
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 07:49:48 PM »

vmagic

Speaking of marked decks, anyone check out the new Mechanic deck? It is also marked, for those interested.

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2014, 01:14:43 AM »

vmagic

According to a response on Facebook, the blacks will be limited but not available with this deck, whatever that means? Not now or just not as a freebie? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2014, 02:15:01 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Possible but unlikely.  E tends to go the freebie route more often than the sell-em-out route.  I can only remember sales for Red Artifice and Sultan Republic Treasury Edition.

I've been known to get the odd freebie now and then, so yes, such people do exist on this board!  :))

Speaking of marked decks, anyone check out the new Mechanic deck? It is also marked, for those interested.

That's nice, Victor.  Perhaps you could start a new topic on this deck?  The Mechanic V2 has a full marking system this time, suits as well as values, and at least one gaff card meant to be used in concert with the Mechanic coins.  Pre-orders have been on for a little while at Penguin Magic and the release is sometime this week, if I remember correctly.

According to a response on Facebook, the blacks will be limited but not available with this deck, whatever that means? Not now or just not as a freebie? I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

What that probably means is that they won't be offering the black deck with the red one - y'know, "buy a brick of this color, get one of that color free"?  It could become a "for-sale" rare deck, as you mentioned, but it could also become a premium for minimum purchases of $XX.XX or more, or for sale only to the Black Club or something along those lines.  All of these are concepts for rare deck distribution they've used in the past.

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Ok. This "Limited Edition-Alternate Color" craze is getting really annoying.

The black design is the best one, in my opinion, but I definitely don't want to throw down the cash for one. Why not make a separate design the limited edition? Hell, why even have a limited edition? I can't remember the last time the last time they released a 2-colored deck where both colors were unlimited edition.

Then again, it could just be that once the black ones sell out, they're gone. But given every Daniel Madison deck Ellusionist has produced, that's unlikely.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)