You are Here:
[New Deck] Bicycle Eclipse Playing Cards

Author (Read 11582 times)

Re: [New Deck] Bicycle Eclipse Playing Cards
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
@frostchew
The thing was that HM wanted an ALL BLACK deck that wouldn't chip. And the only solution to the chipping problem was to have white borders. So, no, this wouldn't be possible. What they could do is not invert the court cards, but I don't see why they would do that though. It would be ugly and would fit the theme even less. So I don't really get what you are trying to say.

JUST GOT MY PROOFS!!
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2012, 12:35:54 PM »

HiddenMirrors

• www.HiddenMirrors.com
Hey guy we got the proofs to all of our cards for the "BICYCLE ECLIPSE" deckl!!Check them out, and let me know what you guys think!!I made the red in the pips a lot  brighter for the red cards, and now they pop!  ;)

Also, you can now see where the word "Bicycle" will be on the Card Case.

Thanks Guys
Juan G

Check it out!!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/juangperez/bicycle-eclipse-playing-cards-by-hidden-mirrors?ref=activity

Re: JUST GOT MY PROOFS!!
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2012, 12:56:26 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Nice! Is it just me or are the red pips almost pink and the black ones almost gray? Not that that's a bad thing. I hope these get funded :D Have you gotten a USPCC prototype or not?

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »

HiddenMirrors

• www.HiddenMirrors.com
yeah, the color is a mix of reds and a little pink to brighten it up, and the blacks are alittle on the grey side as well to make them also stand out on the black backround. And no I have not received a Prototype deck from them yet.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:48:07 PM by HiddenMirrors »

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »

Robert Butler

Hey guys! HM may have had a rought start out of the gate but I've just spoken with them and there about to make a sweet turn around! 

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Hey guys! HM may have had a rought start out of the gate but I've just spoken with them and there about to make a sweet turn around!
What do you mean? Are they going to make changes in their design? Are they going to get a sponsor?...

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »

rainking187

• True Member
What do you mean? Are they going to make changes in their design? Are they going to get a sponsor?...

I'm thinking he may be implying eco clips. But while they look nice I don't think they'll have a drastic impact on the Kickstarter if people just don't care for the deck itself. I could be wrong though.

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 04:44:51 PM »

Robert Butler

I'm thinking he may be implying eco clips. But while they look nice I don't think they'll have a drastic impact on the Kickstarter if people just don't care for the deck itself. I could be wrong though.

Eco Clip?  ehh not really sure at this time but I mean I've spoken to him to explain the pros and cons of his kickstarter and how to improve.  This guy has the best intentions, he is just new to the industry and needed some info.  I expect to see improvements to his design and over all rewards. 

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

dcell59

• True Member
Eco clips could get a few people to increase their reward levels, but I do agree it's not going to bring in the $4k needed to complete funding. However, there's still 25 days to go, and I've seen card design projects completing with less at this point. I think most of us can forgive a few grammatical errors and web site problems (that hiddenmirros.com link is still there, Juan). The real issues are the final look of the cards and the reward packages.

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »

jmrock

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
Is there a reason that a second thread was started for the Elipse deck???  And what are they both doing on the first page of the discourse???

Could someone kindly combine or remove this post, as there was no need to have started a second post... Thanks, J.

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
hi i have sent you a message at kickstarter .. pls reply

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 02:37:52 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Merging this thread with the original. :)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
The only problem I really have with these cards is the Half in half out pips, because I think it makes it even harder to recognize/read the pips and indice if they are like that.
I like the large Aces though. And I have a questions about the 2 people in the box. What are they supposed to be? just a question.

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
me too .. i am not a big fan of the pips .. but i do like the back design

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
That's funny jin! I am not a huge fan of the back design but I like the faces although the pips are a bit confusing! I guess we all have different tastes!

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2012, 01:36:54 PM »

Russell CircleCityCards

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:
Are any of you actually going to PLAY with the cards?  Most people here dont even OPEN them.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:37:05 PM by Russell CircleCityCards »
Circle City Cards - 'Hornet' decks now available!
HOPC - 'Sanguine' & 'Azure' just released!
Facebook - 'Like' us! We frequently have contests!

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Well..

9 days left to get $2600 more in funding.. or this project fails.

So, if you haven't picked one or two up yet, now is the time!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/juangperez/bicycle-eclipse-playing-cards-by-hidden-mirrors?ref=search

Let's help Juan reach his goal!

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »

vmagic

Are any of you actually going to PLAY with the cards?  Most people here dont even OPEN them.

I always open my decks to review them and handle them.

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2012, 06:23:44 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
I don´t think he will success this time on kickstarter.
Like the galvanic deck,too many other deck projects were running or decks were released in the same time.
I really like the 4 big pip aces and the whole idea of the deck.

My problem is just with black decks,people always asume that you are using a trick deck.
No matter how good your performance was you get at least 1 person who thinks/says :"The trick was good but o boy....this deck looks suspicious"
and that´s why black deck´s kill it for me as a performance deck.

It will find the way in my collection but not during this kickstarter...if there will be a 2nd try later this year,then i will pledge for 3 decks.
Money is short these days...sadly.

Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2012, 08:09:03 PM »

ItsMagicITellYou~

• True Member
im quite partial to the back design, the faces are still kind of a turnoff though....i guess ill wait till next time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:29:35 PM by ItsMagicITellYou~ »

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
I don´t think he will success this time on kickstarter.
Like the galvanic deck,too many other deck projects were running or decks were released in the same time.
I really like the 4 big pip aces and the whole idea of the deck.

My problem is just with black decks,people always asume that you are using a trick deck.
No matter how good your performance was you get at least 1 person who thinks/says :"The trick was good but o boy....this deck looks suspicious"
and that´s why black deck´s kill it for me as a performance deck.

It will find the way in my collection but not during this kickstarter...if there will be a 2nd try later this year,then i will pledge for 3 decks.
Money is short these days...sadly.
True, but then you can always use the deck for a fun card game with friends, for flourishing, or just to stare at it.

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 11:00:49 AM »

HiddenMirrors

• www.HiddenMirrors.com
We Heard you loud and clear, here come the Rewards for all our loyal backers!

·         Any Backer that Upgrades gets a FREE Signed Deck added on to their selected reward.
·         Any Backer that Upgrades to $45 or more gets the already mentioned FREE Signed Deck AND a FREE Signed Uncut-Card Sheet added onto their selected reward.
·        Any Backer already above $45 will get the Free Signed Uncut-Card Sheet automatically, Thank you for your support! Still consider upgrading to get the FREE Signed Deck.
·         Please message us and let us know you upgraded so we can make sure everyone gets their free decks!!! :)

·         As an Added Bonus, if we get Funded, EVEYONE GETS AND ADDITIONAL FREE DECK (Signed by Request) that means, if you upgrade AND we get funded, you would be getting 2 FREE DECKS! 1 for the Upgrade and 1 as a Reward for the funding.  And remember, if your Pledge is $45 or higher, you get that Free Signed Un-Cut Sheet as well!
·         Last but no not least, this Deck will Never be Re-printed after the Kickstarter Project is over. This is your only chance to Own Hidden Mirror’s First deck ever created.

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
nice deal ... but what does it mean by any back that upgrades ?? will i get 2 free deck and 1 free uncut if i pledge for $45 or more?

« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »

HiddenMirrors

• www.HiddenMirrors.com
nice deal ... but what does it mean by any back that upgrades ?? will i get 2 free deck and 1 free uncut if i pledge for $45 or more?

If we get funded, every backers gets a free deck, we will sign it if you like. If you are $45 or above when we get funded, you get a Free-Uncut Sheet Signed.

There is also the Upgrade bonus, this is for people that already backed us. If they increase their pledge we will reward them with ANOTHER FREE Deck, singed.

So for example, if you already backed us, and you increase to the $45 bracket, you get the 6 decks from the reward, 1 deck for the upgrade, 1 deck when we get funded, and the uncut sheet, a total of 8 decks and 1 uncut sheet for $45! And these are now decks that will never be reprinted past this kickstarter run. the left over will get sold at $8, you can get them for half that on kickstarter now.

another example is if you are new backer and you come it at 45, you would get those 6 decks, the uncut and the 1 deck when we get funded. The Increase pledge bonus only happens if after you entered 45 you went up to the next bracket, which is 52. Any backer that increase there bracket gets that bonus deck. So again, if a new backer comes in at 10, then upgrades to 45, they get the upgrade bonus too, which is kind of cheating, but we don't care :) we want everyone to get the best deal on Kickstarter. We have come too close to let that supported us down, we will do anything we can to make these decks a reality for them.

So you can get decks as low as 4.30 a deck, that's basically 50% off suggested retail AND free shipping. We listened to our backers and we are really pulling to give them everything they could ask for and more, no exaggeration, check update #6 and update #7 and see how we listened to everything they wanted and then some :)

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 05:56:32 PM »

CBJ

• Former Moderator
  • 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:
Man, I'm not sure why you waited for the last 3 days to push your sales..

You might have waited too long.  Only time will tell

CBJ
  I was the featured collector on UC for May/June, check it out: http://bit.ly/UC_MyCollection

Also, follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/BicyclePlayingCards