You are Here:
Hello Everyone from 1greeneyedwonderwoman

Author (Read 1208 times)

Hello Everyone from 1greeneyedwonderwoman
« on: August 23, 2014, 02:13:53 AM »

1greeneyedwonderwoman

• Newcomer
Hello everyone! I am Kathy Kat. I'm from a suburb of Memphis, TN. I have always been very artistic, and creative. Interested in art, music, photography, books, comics (mostly Zatanna & Wonder Woman), travel, and animals. This year I have really developed an interest in cards and coins. I have a nice size collection of both. Always adding more. lol
I am just now learning some card flourishes, and coin tricks. Always trying to find more to read, or watch on either of those two. One of my favorite things to do is coin balancing. I found this forum because I was googling cards and coins. Thanks for taking the time to read this. :)

Re: Hello Everyone from 1greeneyedwonderwoman
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 06:24:03 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Hello Kathy Kat, welcome to the forum. :)
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 10:28:47 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome to the Discourse, Kathy.  I think you'll find you're in good company here.  By and large, we're a pretty friendly community with diverse backgrounds and origins but one thing in common - a love of playing cards, be they custom or standard, new or vintage, foreign or domestic!

You mentioned Zatanna, coin work and card flourishes - are you a magician, either at the hobbyist level or working?  I'm at the novice stage myself - but I do have a regular gig at a hospital once a month where I perform for the kids in the pediatric unit and the pediatric emergency room.

Remember that the search feature is your friend and if you have any questions that it couldn't solve, please ask!  On top of all the rest, we're helpful as well!  :))

Cheers!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »

1greeneyedwonderwoman

• Newcomer
Hello Kathy Kat, welcome to the forum. :)

Hello! :) Thanks for the welcome.

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 07:15:29 PM »

1greeneyedwonderwoman

• Newcomer
Welcome to the Discourse, Kathy.  I think you'll find you're in good company here.  By and large, we're a pretty friendly community with diverse backgrounds and origins but one thing in common - a love of playing cards, be they custom or standard, new or vintage, foreign or domestic!

You mentioned Zatanna, coin work and card flourishes - are you a magician, either at the hobbyist level or working?  I'm at the novice stage myself - but I do have a regular gig at a hospital once a month where I perform for the kids in the pediatric unit and the pediatric emergency room.

Remember that the search feature is your friend and if you have any questions that it couldn't solve, please ask!  On top of all the rest, we're helpful as well!  :))

Cheers!

Hello, Thanks for the welcome and advice. I am learning magic as a hobby.

That is really awesome that you perform for those kids! :)

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 03:18:15 PM »

52plusjoker

• Frequent Flyer
Welcome KathyK - you could have the longest moniker I've seen on the site. Enjoy your times with us.
Tom Dawson
52 Plus Joker Playing Card Collectors Club

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »

1greeneyedwonderwoman

• Newcomer
Welcome KathyK - you could have the longest moniker I've seen on the site. Enjoy your times with us.
Yes, it's pretty long! All of the shorter ones that I wanted were taken. :) Thank you for the warm welcome.

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 10:26:37 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
Welcome 1greeneyedwonderwoman,
Everyone here at The Discourse is amazingly friendly, helpful and insightful. I am relatively new here but I always enjoy being here chatting about decks and debating the merits of the creators work. I am so happy to see another artist on here! So WELCOME!
-Rose
Also I do not believe Don is a novice magician, I think he is being modest.  ;D

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2014, 01:53:24 AM »

1greeneyedwonderwoman

• Newcomer
Welcome 1greeneyedwonderwoman,
Everyone here at The Discourse is amazingly friendly, helpful and insightful. I am relatively new here but I always enjoy being here chatting about decks and debating the merits of the creators work. I am so happy to see another artist on here! So WELCOME!
-Rose
Also I do not believe Don is a novice magician, I think he is being modest.  ;D

Thank you for the warm welcome Rose :)
I look forward to chatting with you.