Card Culture

Author (Read 765 times)

Card Culture
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »

HeartQ

• Don't Use This!
  • Forum Regular
What can I say about Card Culture?

I CAN say, as the forever-editor of Clear the Decks (CTD) 52 Plus Joker's quarterly magazine, that I am blown away by this new and exciting newsletter.  It was conceived and put together by Lee Asher and Don Boyer, with a little assistance from Tom Dawson and what a masterful job they have done! The articles are varied and interesting, covering a combination of new and old card collectibles. They have attracted a group of card collectors and designers who are sharing their passion for playing cards through the pages of Card Culture. We have a number of members who are collecting the wonderful new decks, many of which are being introduced through various websites including this one.  Many are clever and original and obviously, as we have known for years, each card is really an individual work of art.
Don't miss Tom's article on what is possibly the oldest COMPLETE deck in existence.  What a deck to dream about!

Kudos
Judy
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:46:56 PM by HeartQ »
Judy Dawson

Re: Card Culture
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 01:49:21 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks again for all the kind words, Judy!

For those of you members interested in discussing any of the articles we print, we have a special board (located here - click on this link) dedicated to just such commentary.  If you have the itch to come by and say something, go ahead - scratch it!  :))

Letters to the editorial staff can be sent to this email address: CardCultureLetters@gmail.com.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:49:55 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/