Author (Read 15637 times)

Re: New NOUVEAU Bicycle deck
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I really like the brighter corner dials on 1,2 and 4, but the overall even tone look of the 3rd one, and thing the third option with the higher contract corner dials would looks stellar.

Thank you Justin O. for your opinion  :) I tried what you said but it didn't look very good. The problem is printing the 3rd option so we're going with a colored version :)
I tried different options and finally chose the right back; I think it portrays both the Art Nouveau mosaics and our deck's style. Check it out :) We'll be launching the project on KS this week!  :D

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:09:50 PM by bfplayingcards »
Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2014, 06:32:43 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
I really like the brighter corner dials on 1,2 and 4, but the overall even tone look of the 3rd one, and thing the third option with the higher contract corner dials would looks stellar.

Thank you Justin O. for your opinion  :) I tried what you said but it didn't look very good. The problem is printing the 3rd option so we're going with a colored version :)
I tried different options and finally chose the right back; I think it portrays both the Art Nouveau mosaics and our deck's style. Check it out :) We'll be launching the project on KS this week!  :D
Great end result.  I look forward to backing your project.
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2014, 01:22:03 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

This really looks good.  I feel you have most excellent chances for the launch - perhaps even hitting goal within the first 48-72 hours!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2014, 03:58:29 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Great end result.  I look forward to backing your project.

This really looks good.  I feel you have most excellent chances for the launch - perhaps even hitting goal within the first 48-72 hours!

Thank you Will W. and Don Boyer!  :D This will be the back for a special edition  :)

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2014, 02:49:26 AM »

Leif

• Elite Member
If I may point out one little thing I notised. I do apologize if it has been brought up before. The court looks great, I like the first one, especially. But in the middle of the yellowish tint, there is a crisp white line around the figure. To me that line breaks the spell of niceness that the rest of the court evokes. Would it be ok to try to give that line a slightly more yellow tint, like the cards background, maybe? 

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2014, 03:55:16 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
If I may point out one little thing I notised. I do apologize if it has been brought up before. The court looks great, I like the first one, especially. But in the middle of the yellowish tint, there is a crisp white line around the figure. To me that line breaks the spell of niceness that the rest of the court evokes. Would it be ok to try to give that line a slightly more yellow tint, like the cards background, maybe?

You're right about that Leif, it's a mistake  ;D thank you and it hasn't been brought up before :)

NOUVEAU Bicycle deck now LIVE on KICKSTARTER
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2014, 07:14:31 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cardlauncher/nouveau-bicycle-playing-cards

After the abysmal failure of our project on Indiegogo a month ago (you can find our story here http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=7386.0  ;D)  Bona Fide Playing cards is back with an improved NOUVEAU Bicycle deck, this time on KICKSTARTER  :bosswalk: Check it out!

NOUVEAU Bicycle is a limited edition Art Nouveau inspired deck. The court cards represent the historical and mythological heroes and heroines traditionally featured in the original French decks since the 16th century.

It's a standard Bicycle branded deck printed by USPCC and it consists of 56 cards including a full 52 card deck, plus 2 Jokers, 1 double backer card and one Ad card. It comes with a limited edition seal.

PERKS

$15 for 1 (+ $4 for international shipping)
$26 for 2 (+ $6 for international shipping)
$50 for 4 (+ $10 for international shipping)
$60 for 3 decks + 1 uncut sheet (+ $18 for international shipping)
$85 for 2 decks + 1 wooden handmade box (+ $22 for international shipping)
$100 for 4 decks + 1 wooden handmade box (+ $26 for international shipping)
$130 for 12 decks (+ $25 for international shipping)
$187 for 12 decks + 1 uncut sheet + 1 art print (+ $51 for international shipping)
$200 for 24 decks (+ $35 for international shipping)
$210 for 6 decks + 1 uncut sheet + 1 wooden handmade box + 1 art print + 1 ace t-shirt (+ $66 for international shipping)
$230 for 6 decks + 1 uncut sheet + 1 wooden handmade box + 1 art print + 1 ace hoodie (+ $68 for international shipping)

SPECIAL LIMITED PERKS

$11 for 1 (+ $4 for international shipping)**SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER**(50 available)
$20 for 2 (+ $6 for international shipping)**SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER**(30 available)
$26 for 3 (+ $8 for international shipping)**SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER**(30 available)
$50 for 6 (+ $20 for international shipping)**SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER**(30 available)
$100 for 12 (+ $25 for international shipping)**SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER**(10 available)
$170 for 24 (+ $35 for international shipping)**SPECIAL LIMITED OFFER**(5 available)

We welcome any kind of opinions on our deck! Thank you :)

Happy Holidays!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:53:10 AM by bfplayingcards »

« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2014, 07:16:53 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Re: NOUVEAU Bicycle deck now LIVE on KICKSTARTER
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Happy to back this deck. I have one concern though, the bird logo thing on the tuck looks a whole lot like E's still. Could be a problem, just saying.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2014, 11:24:15 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Happy to back this deck. I have one concern though, the bird logo thing on the tuck looks a whole lot like E's still. Could be a problem, just saying.

sorry Fes, I don't know what you mean...what bird??

« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2014, 11:38:47 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

do you mean this?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:19:10 PM by bfplayingcards »

« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2014, 02:01:46 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Yes that, sorry. Busy busy day today haha.
Part of my Collection updated infrequently but occasionally, when I remember. (I haven't in months.)

« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2014, 02:24:59 PM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Yes that, sorry. Busy busy day today haha.

Yeah I know, crazy busy days  ;D To be honest that was in a locked layer in an Illustrator file sent by USPC; I didn't make any changes there cos the girl said not to but I'll ask her about it :)

Happy holidays!

« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2014, 09:46:04 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Thank you all!!

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2014, 02:20:13 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cardlauncher/nouveau-bicycle-playing-cards

After the abysmal failure of our project on Indiegogo a month ago (you can find our story here http://www.playingcardforum.com/index.php?topic=7386.0  ;D)  Bona Fide Playing cards is back with an improved NOUVEAU Bicycle deck, this time on KICKSTARTER  :bosswalk: Check it out!

No need for the link now - I merged the topics.  We try to keep it to one topic per deck in the Plethora and one in the Design/Dev board as well, so anyone looking for info about the deck later has only one place to look.

The bird is indeed the Ellusionist Playing Card Co. logo, used by magic company Ellusionist to sell their decks for the past several months.  I guess they felt it was better to remove magic branding from the decks to attract collectors and maybe even card players, though the word "Ellusionist" itself would set off some red flags, I would think.  USPC must have included it by accident.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
The bird is indeed the Ellusionist Playing Card Co. logo, used by magic company Ellusionist to sell their decks for the past several months.  I guess they felt it was better to remove magic branding from the decks to attract collectors and maybe even card players, though the word "Ellusionist" itself would set off some red flags, I would think.  USPC must have included it by accident.

Yeah, they included it by accident. I removed the bird, I'll let them know about this mistake

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2015, 11:44:07 AM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
After our failed campaign, NOUVEAU is back on Kickstarter :)
You can check out the new project here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cardlauncher/nouveau-playing-cards

NOUVEAU deck is inspired by the historical and mythological heroes and heroines traditionally featured in the French playing cards since the 16th century. As for the art style and design, we wanted to pay tribute to the philosophical and artistic trend Art nouveau, promoted and popularized in France in the late 19th century.

NOUVEAU and NOUVEAU TURQUOISE are fully custom decks manufactured and printed by Expert Playing Cards and designed by Bona fide Playing Cards. Both are limited editions of 1000 decks each (with EPC orders are subjected to an over/under run so we'll probably end anywhere between 1,800 and 2,200 decks) that won't be printed again.

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2015, 03:13:17 PM »

CthulhuWho1

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I really want these decks to succeed this time, so I'll be posting Tweets on Twitter, Facebook and other sites like this one:

http://twitter.com/CthulhuWho1/status/579621718144073728

And I'm curious about how well other card collectors think messages like this will work towards card deck projects; and how often I should post them.

Will Hart
Fullerton, California

ps
Can this topic get updated so the current project and its link and images are at the top instead of the older project links and details?

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »

Collector

• Discourse Deity
  • I can be ironic, but I never outrage anyone.

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
I really want these decks to succeed this time, so I'll be posting Tweets on Twitter, Facebook and other sites like this one:

And I'm curious about how well other card collectors think messages like this will work towards card deck projects; and how often I should post them.

Will Hart
Fullerton, California

ps
Can this topic get updated so the current project and its link and images are at the top instead of the older project links and details?

Let me support you in this. Several modest words...

http://playingcardcollector.net/2015/03/22/nouveau-playing-cards-by-bona-fide-playing-cards/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in collecting beautiful ones" ~ PlayingCardCollector.net

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2015, 03:45:23 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Aha... printing with Expert Playing Card Company this time round! :D

Excellent. I've already put in my pledge for 6 decks.

I think it's great that a nice design is going to be printed using superior quality paper and coating :D
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2015, 05:07:14 PM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

Will Hart
Fullerton, California

ps

Thank you Will :) :)!

Let me support you in this. Several modest words...

http://playingcardcollector.net/2015/03/22/nouveau-playing-cards-by-bona-fide-playing-cards/

Collector you did an amazing job there!! Can't thank you enough!  :D :D

Aha... printing with Expert Playing Card Company this time round! :D

Excellent. I've already put in my pledge for 6 decks.

I think it's great that a nice design is going to be printed using superior quality paper and coating :D

Yeah it was the best choice so we could start with two decks, without stretch goals :) Thank you for your support HolyJJ!

Re: Bicycle Nouveau [KS] 2nd try
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2015, 03:56:39 PM »

CthulhuWho1

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Here's an example of the Twitter promo I just posted for these cards:

http://twitter.com/CthulhuWho1/status/580082554381819904

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2015, 01:51:34 PM »

Fess

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado
  • ;)
Really like the reworked design on these. I think they both look very nice and are wonderful well rounded decks. I'm a bit more partial to the turquoise edition, I like the additional color on the courts quite a bit. Nothing but good things to say about these, from the price point up very nice!

« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2015, 04:04:22 PM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Here's an example of the Twitter promo I just posted for these cards:

http://twitter.com/CthulhuWho1/status/580082554381819904

Thank you CthulhuWho1! :) :)

Really like the reworked design on these. I think they both look very nice and are wonderful well rounded decks. I'm a bit more partial to the turquoise edition, I like the additional color on the courts quite a bit. Nothing but good things to say about these, from the price point up very nice!

Thank you very much Fes, I'm glad that the changes are positive!  :D

« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2015, 06:13:57 PM »

bfplayingcards

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Just a reminder, only 15 days left so I invite you to check it out on Kickstarter if you haven't yet :) https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cardlauncher/nouveau-playing-cards
I'd like to share with you some of the cards we have so far (you can check out all the artwork in better quality on Kickstarter and our social profiles). Courts of Spades and jokers coming soon :)

Btw, I'm having some doubts regarding the jokers as the original designs include bicycles (if you've been following our previous attempt, it was a Bicycle deck). I'd rather respect the original design but we haven't decided on it yet. It would be great to have your opinion on this :) (I'm attaching sketches)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:16:13 PM by bfplayingcards »