Kings - Madison, McKinnon, Ellusionist - MARKED DECK

Author (Read 23573 times)

Kings - Madison, McKinnon, Ellusionist - MARKED DECK
« on: October 11, 2014, 01:24:15 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:

Ellusionist: Magic Beyond Belief shared a link.

13 hours ago

http://www.ellusionist.com/kings.html
 The Countdown Begins

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:39:38 AM by Don Boyer »
Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright
http://neverforgotten.storenvy.com
Facebook- Never Forgotten Project

My Playing Card DB

Re: KINGS - MADISON & MCKINNON
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 03:12:10 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
From what I've seen from both of their Instagram feeds, my best best is that they will be releasing a limited (as always) deck of playing cards wrapped in gold foil. The back design has their collaboration logo on the back of it, akin to the Madison Players awhile back.

Their sheer bada**ness seems intriguing.
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 03:46:48 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
It would be funny if instead it was just a new magic DVD release...
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 05:25:56 AM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
I'm pretty sure it's this jmage.
And the gold foiled wrapped deck, as mentioned above.
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 08:01:58 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
If you whisper, it's not really a lie. Shhh :)) (sarcastic)

Example:

Reserved for Danial and Peter only. Never to be Sold... (whispering) Unless you have eBay and want to pay $300 to $800 a brick.

Act fast,  only 10 remain... (whispering) Until next week when we re-post more on eBay. Shhh :))

*I wonder if anyone feels bad for those hardcore fans that paid all that money when the scarlet deck (I'm not allowed to talk or write about) was released. Now getting cheaper and cheaper on eBay. Danial's best fans are now the biggest suckers.

"Live like Kings"... (whispering) Pay like peasants. :))
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:14:58 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 12:37:30 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
If you whisper, it's not really a lie. Shhh :)) (sarcastic)

Example:

Reserved for Danial and Peter only. Never to be Sold... (whispering) Unless you have eBay and want to pay $300 to $800 a brick.

Act fast,  only 10 remain... (whispering) Until next week when we re-post more on eBay. Shhh :))

*I wonder if anyone feels bad for those hardcore fans that paid all that money when the scarlet deck (I'm not allowed to talk or write about) was released. Now getting cheaper and cheaper on eBay. Danial's best fans are now the biggest suckers.

"Live like Kings"... (whispering) Pay like peasants. :))

Why so secretive?  Speak plainly, man!

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 01:30:09 AM »

Fanofyankees13

• "YEAH BITCH, MAGNETS!"
  • Discourse Lover
  • U W0T M8

• Facebook:
I cannot be the only one who finds the whole "let's pretend to be the most badass people who have ever walked the planet" thing beyond lame. Come on. You're selling cards, not making a Hollywood blockbuster. Don't get me wrong, Madison and McKinnon are tremendously talented performers and deserve all of the respect that they get for the skill they have, but I really wish they'd just drop the whole "badass, way cooler than you'll ever be" attitude. Let's just see the cards and let them speak for themselves- as far as I'm concerned, Madison and McKinnon should ditch this whole charade, Corona included.
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 03:26:35 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I cannot be the only one who finds the whole "let's pretend to be the most badass people who have ever walked the planet" thing beyond lame. Come on. You're selling cards, not making a Hollywood blockbuster. Don't get me wrong, Madison and McKinnon are tremendously talented performers and deserve all of the respect that they get for the skill they have, but I really wish they'd just drop the whole "badass, way cooler than you'll ever be" attitude. Let's just see the cards and let them speak for themselves- as far as I'm concerned, Madison and McKinnon should ditch this whole charade, Corona included.

I dunno...  In that first picture, Daniel appears to be holding a pistol in his right hand.  That's a little badass...

The image helps sell products, plain and simple.  You're tired of it, others are tired of it, but yeah, they're doing it to sell products.  "If cool people are using it, maybe I'll be cool if I use it!"  It's a fallacy that advertising has been promoting for decades.

I met Daniel and Peter at the Ellusionist event last winter in Brooklyn - he's a pretty down-to-Earth kind of guy, the furthest person from being an egomaniac you're likely to meet.

And remeber - we've had no solid confirmation that it's a deck - or just a deck - that's being advertised here.  Could be their new wardrobe line for all we know...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:27:04 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 03:38:02 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:
I find it embarrassing to say I have no idea what the link sent me to...

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 05:49:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

If THIS is the link you're talking about...

...it's just a countdown clock to whatever "Kings" is supposed to be.  It comes out in a bit less than nine-and-a-half days.

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 07:31:04 AM »

Rose

• Discourse Royalty

• DeviantArt:

If THIS is the link you're talking about...

...it's just a countdown clock to whatever "Kings" is supposed to be.  It comes out in a bit less than nine-and-a-half days.
Yes, the "join us" button...am I joining a cult?  :o JK, looks great!  :D

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 03:12:10 PM »

Nurul

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

I dunno...  In that first picture, Daniel appears to be holding a pistol in his right hand.  That's a little badass...

The image helps sell products, plain and simple.  You're tired of it, others are tired of it, but yeah, they're doing it to sell products.  "If cool people are using it, maybe I'll be cool if I use it!"  It's a fallacy that advertising has been promoting for decades.

I met Daniel and Peter at the Ellusionist event last winter in Brooklyn - he's a pretty down-to-Earth kind of guy, the furthest person from being an egomaniac you're likely to meet.

And remeber - we've had no solid confirmation that it's a deck - or just a deck - that's being advertised here.  Could be their new wardrobe line for all we know...

I think you mean Peter's holding the pistol.
You're right, there's no confirmation it's anything just yet, but it's most likely a deck. The kings logo is the exact same one on the deck. However, they could be releasing other stuff along with it - maybe a card in bottle routine ....

EDIT: think this is confirmation that there's at least a deck haha
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:19:29 PM by Nurul »
SHOGUN Playing Cards coming soon to Kickstarter
snapchat: nurul.alam
https://www.instagram.com/ti.walker/ for updates on the project :)

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 04:11:34 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I agree. I'm finding Madison to be quite comical these days. I'm not laughing with him, I'm laughing at him. He has lost his grip of reality. Maybe they are trying to be like Dan Bilzerian, who happens to be a real gambler except there's no money and no woman. They're probably big pussycats in real life. :))

I'm sure they are both very nice in person but actions speak much loader then words. Daniel's actions online are not of a humble down to earth person.

That's one of the things I admire about David Blaine. David could sell his decks for $15 - $20 a deck if he wanted. But he takes care of his best fans by allowing us to buy his product on release at a fair price.

It's just disrespectful and arrogant to do what Madison is doing on eBay. If I was someone who bought his new scarlet deck when it was on his website, I would be soooo pissed. But yet "never to be sold". Real nice guy!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:43:45 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 05:10:23 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
As much as I respect Madison, his badass act is getting stale.

It may have been cool and new when the Players and Rounders came out, but it seems like the ads are getting more hammy with every deck he releases.

From what I've seen on his instagram, the deck isn't anything spectacular. The box looks neat, though.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 07:36:58 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
All hail the Kings of $#it! Way too cool for me.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:57:25 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 06:40:36 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

It's just disrespectful and arrogant to do what Madison is doing on eBay. If I was someone who bought his new scarlet deck when it was on his website, I would be soooo pissed. But yet "never to be sold". Real nice guy!

What, exactly, is he doing on eBay?  I checked ebay.com and ebay.co.uk and found no account in his name or anything like it.

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 05:29:51 PM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran
  • Owner of JP Playing Cards

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Don, it's his son I believe, the username is LutherMadison. That account was selling private reserve decks at something like £50+ per deck. He has regularly shared links on Facebook and Twitter to ebay listings from that account.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:31:33 PM by Paul.Middleton »
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------
FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY (UK over £30, EU over £70 and Rest Of World over £80)

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 09:20:38 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

What, exactly, is he doing on eBay?  I checked ebay.com and ebay.co.uk and found no account in his name or anything like it.

*Apologize in advance, Im posting this from memory.

Madison has a deck printed that is supposedly for his use only called "private reserve". Its basically the scarlet version of the White Rounders deck. Madison claims "never to be for sale". So he sells one on eBay to see how much people are willing to pay, knowing full well he has every intention of selling them. I say knows full well because he sells them by the brick and certainly had enough made. I think he gets around $300-450+ for the first single eBay deck sold by auction. Shortly after, he announces a 10 minute window that he is going to allow people to buy them. The price, 1000 pounds (about $1,500) for a brick and 100 pounds (about $160) for one deck. Makes it look like he's doing us all a big favor, we should be so grateful. Even gives an extra deck for every deck bought (big whoop). About a week later he creates a second buying window for 15 minutes. Again 1000 pounds /12 and 100 pounds /1. Basically setting the bar for eBay sales.

We get to the eBay fiasco. The first few bricks auctioned sold for about $700 - $800, and single decks were being sold at a fixed price of 52 pounds (about $80). The whole time advertising never to be sold while being re-listing on eBay over and over again. Keep in mind, some of his most beloved fans who bought the decks at the beginning of the release, paying the highest price.

About a month ago, he posts a message "your welcome". Again like he's doing us any favors. The never to be for sale Private Reserve decks are on his website once again for 50% less. Now 500 pounds /12 and 52 pounds /1. In my opinion, he was trying to keep the eBay auction prices up, using his website to establish false value. Over and over again still re-listing bricks of private reserve on eBay, prices getting lower and lower 220 pounds ($350)...

That's basically how I remember it. Please feel free to correct me if I got anything wrong.

@ Don: You say he's a really nice guy. I'll put it to you like this. Based on his actions in this example... Either he's one of the dumbest I've ever experienced OR he's one of the most fake. Personally, I don't think he's dumb. This is not a considerate person who cares about people buying his product. F-U, Pay Me. Yes, we have a choice but so does he. Madison made his choice!

These are the Madison Rounders Private Reserve playing cards.
This auction is for ONE BRICK (12 DECKS), brand new and sealed.
Only 2500 of these decks exist and they will NEVER be available for sale.
These decks were created by Daniel Madison for his own private use.
This deck is a very special Private Reserve edition of the Scarlet Rounders.  In this deck, Daniel changed most of the face cards, added a new joker and a gaff card for a gambling demonstration.  The box is completely red with the white M emblems on the back and the deck name on the top of the tuck.  This deck was Traditionally Cut on a new stock, not too much unlike the feel of a Bee deck - all to Daniel's professional specifications.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:17:12 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 01:26:55 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, it's his son I believe, the username is LutherMadison. That account was selling private reserve decks at something like £50+ per deck. He has regularly shared links on Facebook and Twitter to ebay listings from that account.

Well, in that case, I saw no active auctions for anyone with a name remotely like Daniel Madison's, which would include his son's.  And that's not Daniel doing anything, it's his son, right?

I checked out his website, and one of the windows of opportunity is open now.  52 GBP per pack, 500 GBP per brick.  Expensive, right?

Guess what?  It's his bloody deck!  He can sell it for whatever price he thinks the market will bear.  They could be a thousand pounds each, if he wants them to be.

Right now, I'm hearing a lot of pissing and whining about the price of the deck - and all of those complaints arise from one simple cause: you want one but can't afford the price.  Yell and scream about it all you want, but bear one important thing in mind: you will NEVER own every single deck that you want to own.  Some decks are terribly expensive, others are just so limited you'll never see one and the reasons go on and on - unless, of course, your desire for playing cards is more limited than all the limited edition decks out there.

If people are foolish enough to spend 52 GBP on a pack of brand-new USPC-made playing cards, LET THEM.  That's less money they have to spend when the next great deck comes out, giving you a better shot at getting it.  It is not written anywhere that you have a natural human right to own whatever decks you want to own and at the prices you're willing to pay for them.  It's NOT GONNA HAPPEN.  The sooner one accepts this, the sooner they can be at peace with their collection and its "limitations".

You guys could try the patience of a Zen Buddhist monk...

Victor...  Even while he's not here, he causes trouble.  He will always whine about things being too expensive or why people don't give him free samples.  If it wasn't that, he'd likely whine about how shiny the sun is or isn't, why snow is so dry or so wet, how long or short the day is, why his fingernails never stay clean, why his porridge is too hot/too cold/just right...he doesn't seem to be happy unless he's miserable and he wants you to be miserable as well because misery loves company.  We have a guy just like him where I work.  NO ONE likes working with him and they drown him out at every possible opportunity they can.  In enough time, people will learn to ignore anything he has to say, because most people prefer winners over whiners.  When that day comes, he'll be the monkey in the tree all alone, with no one left to fling poop at but himself.

Now, if I remember correctly, this is a topic about a deck called KINGS being released by Ellusionist with Daniel Madison and Peter McKinnon.  Please discuss THAT deck all you want - but if you want to continue ranting about some other deck, do so in the appropriate topic!  If one doesn't exist, MAKE ONE!

On the topic of Kings, we inch closer to the deadline: Wednesday of next week (the 22nd) at 20:00 UTC, 4:00pm US/Canada Eastern, 1:00pm US/C Pacific.  Who else is praying that it doesn't have Daniel's custom faces?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 01:34:16 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2014, 03:26:51 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
Don, just to clarify I wasn't whinging. I was simply answering your question.

You are quite right he can do as he pleases with his own decks.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:58:22 AM by Paul.Middleton »
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2014, 03:54:44 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Don, just to clarify I what whinging. I was simply answering your question.

You are quite right he can do as he pleases with his own decks.

Aside from the comment about me not finding any Madisons selling stuff on eBay, that post wasn't pointed in your direction.  I should have made that clearer, so my apologies.  It was largely in response to what Card Player stated.

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2014, 03:58:58 AM »

Paul.Middleton

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
No problem, thanks!
~Paul Middleton,
JP Playing Cards
---------------------

www.jpplayingcards.co.uk

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2014, 07:30:33 AM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Yeah you hooligans!! Get off Mr Boyers lawn with your sassy mouths and your fancy ebay talk!  ;)

Madison himself states the deck was made for him to use and  give away..  never to be sold. He then on the same page is selling said deck with a  markup  based on a lie that he  just got done perpetuating. He is making money off the susceptible. He is  feeding off those willing to  eat any kind of  turd sandwich story he throws in their direction,  so  long as as it's done in a  torchered soul, totally badass way . .  might fall under legal, but it is nowhere close to ethical. 

In closing..
Either he's one of the dumbest I've ever experianced OR he's one of the most fake.

SooooOOOoooOOOOo not the right time to misspell a word.  ;)
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 08:15:08 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Well, in that case, I saw no active auctions for anyone with a name remotely like Daniel Madison's, which would include his son's.  And that's not Daniel doing anything, it's his son, right?

I checked out his website, and one of the windows of opportunity is open now.  52 GBP per pack, 500 GBP per brick.  Expensive, right?

Guess what?  It's his bloody deck!  He can sell it for whatever price he thinks the market will bear.  They could be a thousand pounds each, if he wants them to be.

Right now, I'm hearing a lot of pissing and whining about the price of the deck - and all of those complaints arise from one simple cause: you want one but can't afford the price.  Yell and scream about it all you want, but bear one important thing in mind: you will NEVER own every single deck that you want to own.  Some decks are terribly expensive, others are just so limited you'll never see one and the reasons go on and on - unless, of course, your desire for playing cards is more limited than all the limited edition decks out there.

Just to clarify, I don't want one. I never did. Not even a free one. I just think it's wrong to do something just because you can and get away with it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:26:37 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 08:37:42 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I have to agree - I don't want any piece of those decks either, and nothing he's doing is illegal, but that doesn't make it any less douchey or "wrong" from a (my) ethical perspective. Insisting something is never going to be for sale and then repeatedly offering it for sale is deceptive and unkind to your fans/customers. Acting like he's doing you a massive favor after essentially screwing you over is pretty darn douchey.

Sorry Don, you might not have found anything on ebay from your search, but I'm sure any number of people here can confirm that he has linked to ebay auctions by a user with "Madison" in his name, and also sold from his website.

Once again, no one's accusing him of doing anything illegal, people are just unhappy with how he treats his fans and customers. (also possibly to do with how he acts like a badass all the time =P). For many of us, it has absolutely nothing to do with pissing or whining nor wanting the deck (we don't) or not being able to afford it (some of us can - it just doesn't make sense).

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Yeah you hooligans!! Get off Mr Boyers lawn with your sassy mouths and your fancy ebay talk!  ;)

Madison himself states the deck was made for him to use and  give away..  never to be sold. He then on the same page is selling said deck with a  markup  based on a lie that he  just got done perpetuating. He is making money off the susceptible. He is  feeding off those willing to  eat any kind of  turd sandwich story he throws in their direction,  so  long as as it's done in a  torchered soul, totally badass way . .  might fall under legal, but it is nowhere close to ethical. 

In closing..
Either he's one of the dumbest I've ever experianced OR he's one of the most fake.

SooooOOOoooOOOOo not the right time to misspell a word.  ;)

Thank you for pointing that out. :))

Not to be taken out of context either. I'm not calling anyone dumb.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:51:39 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 10:44:10 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
The eBay sales may well have been his son.  I'm assuming his dad forked over some of his reserve, and the kid decided it was a good idea to trade them for cash.  It can't conclusively be tied to him.

However, if he said they'd never be sold, then he recants and sells them, I can see where that would be upsetting.  The prices he's charging do not help the situation, since we know what these things cost.  So while his in-person personality is great, at least in my own opinion, his business sense is a bit off the mark and alienating some of his fans.

Can we PLEASE put this to bed now?  We've all pretty much said our piece, so there's no need to continue.

Moving on - the topic is the KINGS deck.  I did ask if anyone else besides me would be glad to see that this deck doesn't have the Madison faces on them...

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:54 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
The eBay sales may well have been his son.  I'm assuming his dad forked over some of his reserve, and the kid decided it was a good idea to trade them for cash.  It can't conclusively be tied to him.

However, if he said they'd never be sold, then he recants and sells them, I can see where that would be upsetting.  The prices he's charging do not help the situation, since we know what these things cost.  So while his in-person personality is great, at least in my own opinion, his business sense is a bit off the mark and alienating some of his fans.

Can we PLEASE put this to bed now?  We've all pretty much said our piece, so there's no need to continue.

Moving on - the topic is the KINGS deck.  I did ask if anyone else besides me would be glad to see that this deck doesn't have the Madison faces on them...

"Glad" would not be the word I would use. Not much going for it. Simple back design in typical Madison style. I would not expect anything more for the courts. Its either an arrangement of Madison courts or standard courts. Zzz Gold Box... Where have I seen that before? :))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:26:48 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 11:16:38 PM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
I love the box, but the cards are disappointing.  I wish companies would put just as much effort into the cards as they do the box.

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2014, 01:46:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
I love the box, but the cards are disappointing.  I wish companies would put just as much effort into the cards as they do the box.

How do you know if they're disappointing?  Have pictures been posted yet of the full deck and not just the back?  Are you holding a pack in your hands right now and not sharing with the rest of us?  :))

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2014, 09:50:04 AM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Haha, no. I think the back design is very boring and not a lot of effort was put in.  I am also disappointed to see very dark red ink for the hearts and diamonds. I like my red a lot brighter.

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2014, 12:09:10 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Haha, no. I think the back design is very boring and not a lot of effort was put in.  I am also disappointed to see very dark red ink for the hearts and diamonds. I like my red a lot brighter.

You're looking at the gaff card...

I see your points, but this, like most of Madison's decks, is probably aimed more at the "gambler" magician.  The simple, repeating back design can actually help with marking your own deck (unless it just comes marked in the first place).  The darker reds are not only easier on the eyes after a few hours into an all-nighter but are traditionally used by casinos.  In the days when they didn't use color CCTV monitoring, the standard bright red was too bright to appear clearly on the black-and-white surveillance recordings.  Bright red looks like pale gray while dark red is a medium black.

It's not to everyone's tastes, but that's the probable primary reasons for his decks to look as they do.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:37:56 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2014, 12:29:21 AM »

Msp062

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Your explanation makes sense Don. I will pick up a few just to check them out.

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2014, 01:51:25 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
Ellusionist: Magic Beyond Belief

9 hrs  ·

|| A GOOD DAY || It's a good day to be a Black Club member! Enjoy your early access to the brand new KINGS deck. Get crackin'!

Last night I stayed up late playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2014, 09:13:11 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I had a rather lengthy note encompassing my feelings on this one, but it's probably counterproductive to my own image to be so negative.

:P
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
(unless it just comes marked in the first place)

It most definitely is... Pretty cool system too, though probably a bit too obvious in any situation where someone can examine more than a single card for more than a few seconds... Put another way, it would fail the "riffle test" in a half second...=P

PS: Please delete this post if that's too much of a spoiler or anything like that...

PPS: Paul, I personally would be interested to hear what your thoughts were... Always valuable (to me) to hear the views of different experts as I try to educate myself on the world of card design... Positive or negative, there's always something to be learned for me...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:07:23 AM by aldazar »

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2014, 01:14:32 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
(unless it just comes marked in the first place)

It most definitely is... Pretty cool system too, though probably a bit too obvious in any situation where someone can examine more than a single card for more than a few seconds... Put another way, it would fail the "riffle test" in a half second...=P

PS: Please delete this post if that's too much of a spoiler or anything like that...

PPS: Paul, I personally would be interested to hear what your thoughts were... Always valuable (to me) to hear the views of different experts as I try to educate myself on the world of card design... Positive or negative, there's always something to be learned for me...

Don't you think a system would be a selling point to buy the deck? The video makes no sense aside from promoting armed robbery and arson.

@ Paul: How politicly correct of you. :)) Being that you are a designer, I don't blame you for keeping your opinions to yourself.   
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:15:35 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
Don't you think a system would be a selling point to buy the deck? The video makes no sense aside from promoting armed robbery and arson.

Those are both really strong selling points to me.

But I do really like the back design on this, it's simple and rather elegant. It reminds me of a designer fashion brand textile, which in a way I suppose it is supposed to emulate, but I think it's clean and attractive. As long as they aren't trying to sell them at $30 a deck I would love to pick up one or two of them.
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 01:50:26 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
I believe they'll be sold for $7.95 with brick discounts.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 03:01:26 PM »

Mydnyghte

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular

Yep. Plus, if you order a brick, you get "a special edition Gold Lustre prototype, used in the EPIC Kings trailer, and signed by Daniel and Peter. Less than 300 of these decks were printed - and once they're gone, they're gone."

The usual dealio from Ellusionist.

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 03:16:25 PM »

Anthony

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Haven Citizen
  • Growing old is Mandatory, Growing up is optional

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
If I created this same exact deck a few months ago, it woulod have been received with quite the....dare I say, "Critisism".

I think E is milking the Madison branding too much, and with little effort or originality involved. I'm sure decks will sell by the boat loads, so it won't really matter, but as far as design and concept, I just don't see it. Not to mention the marketing was so aimed at a specific "Buying" demographic it's not even funny.

If you like them buy them, if not wait for the next Madison deck.

« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 03:29:20 PM »

HolyJJ

• Discourse Royalty
Apparently there's 289 of the shiny boxed decks... and in addition to the standard and shiny gold versions, there is also a third version of the deck.
With this signature I'm following the example set by Fes: There is only ONE letter L in my display name. "Holly" is a female name... and I'm a bearded guy who's into weightlifting. There's nothing feminine about me brother!

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2014, 03:33:22 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Apparently there's 289 of the shiny boxed decks... and in addition to the standard and shiny gold versions, there is also a third version of the deck.

Of course there are. I fully expect 5 versions of this one at least.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 04:55:52 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Actually we "lucked out" - it's the standard retail price.

If I created this same exact deck a few months ago, it woulod have been received with quite the....dare I say, "Critisism".

I think E is milking the Madison branding too much, and with little effort or originality involved. I'm sure decks will sell by the boat loads, so it won't really matter, but as far as design and concept, I just don't see it. Not to mention the marketing was so aimed at a specific "Buying" demographic it's not even funny.

I've stopped getting the Madison decks - too much of the same thing over and over.

My take on their campaign:

The video: starts interestingly enough, but doesn't show off the product in any way.  Sounds like they were going for a "1984" Mac image ad and ended up with something you're more likely to see in a no-budget B-grade heist movie, the kind a film student might make in his first year.  They were clever in conveying the robbery, but as aficionado of film and special effects, I can see where and how things were faked - especially the explosion at the end.

The cards: um, okay...  If I took any five of Madison's decks, placed one card each face-up on a table and tried to figure out which was from which deck, I'd fail miserably or get exceptionally lucky.  Marked?  Gee, what a surprise.  Does it use yet-another marking system that you have to memorize?  I'd say yes, based on the back pattern not being a Madison logo...

Madison (and probably McKinnon as well) did fantastic work on creating a marked version of the Bicycle Series 1800.  Plain numbers and letters secretively hidden in a deck design that is so off-beat, "going to the movies" becomes impossible because on that back there's movement EVERYWHERE.  They didn't go crazy with the faces, leaving them completely alone.  THAT is an EXCELLENT marked deck, even down to the stiffer stock used for better longevity.  I rarely buy by the brick - but this deck, I bought a brick.  They take some practice to read, but NO ONE will ever spot them as a marked deck unless you pull a really dumb routine that makes it obvious.

But this?  I'm sorry, but I'm just not motivated enough to buy them.  I wish I was, but aside from the new back, which is really a variation of what Madison did with his T11 deck if you think about it, nothing else jumps at me and screams "Buy me!"

Since the deck is marked, I moved it to the Bonanza board.  If you spot topics that are on marked decks in the Plethora, I want to move them all to the Bonanza board so please let me or Rob Wright know.  The Plethora decks should all be 100% straight - the only exception I'd make would be a one-way mark, obvious or subtle.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 04:57:53 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 05:13:59 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

Not sure where you're going with this one. I simply stated the price they'd be sold at. From what I can see the price is $7.95 with brick discounts so..? Are you agreeing? Disagreeing?

I've stopped getting the Madison decks - too much of the same thing over and over.

My take on their campaign:

The video: starts interestingly enough, but doesn't show off the product in any way.  Sounds like they were going for a "1984" Mac image ad and ended up with something you're more likely to see in a no-budget B-grade heist movie, the kind a film student might make in his first year.  They were clever in conveying the robbery, but as aficionado of film and special effects, I can see where and how things were faked - especially the explosion at the end.

The cards: um, okay...  If I took any five of Madison's decks, placed one card each face-up on a table and tried to figure out which was from which deck, I'd fail miserably or get exceptionally lucky.  Marked?  Gee, what a surprise.  Does it use yet-another marking system that you have to memorize?  I'd say yes, based on the back pattern not being a Madison logo...

Madison (and probably McKinnon as well) did fantastic work on creating a marked version of the Bicycle Series 1800.  Plain numbers and letters secretively hidden in a deck design that is so off-beat, "going to the movies" becomes impossible because on that back there's movement EVERYWHERE.  They didn't go crazy with the faces, leaving them completely alone.  THAT is an EXCELLENT marked deck, even down to the stiffer stock used for better longevity.  I rarely buy by the brick - but this deck, I bought a brick.  They take some practice to read, but NO ONE will ever spot them as a marked deck unless you pull a really dumb routine that makes it obvious.

But this?  I'm sorry, but I'm just not motivated enough to buy them.  I wish I was, but aside from the new back, which is really a variation of what Madison did with his T11 deck if you think about it, nothing else jumps at me and screams "Buy me!"

Since the deck is marked, I moved it to the Bonanza board.  If you spot topics that are on marked decks in the Plethora, I want to move them all to the Bonanza board so please let me or Rob Wright know.  The Plethora decks should all be 100% straight - the only exception I'd make would be a one-way mark, obvious or subtle.

Must say I don't get why some decks' threads are moved here just because they're marked. People aren't discussing them in terms of a magic accessory, this topic was because they're playing cards. Gaff decks, ID's etc I could understand because they are made for the one purpose of magic, but decks that are simply marked? What about reveals? I doubt more people who'd come to this forum to discuss this deck would do so because of anything magic-related over the general deck. Oh well, it's your board.

Either way - back on topic. The gold foil prototypes were gone almost immediately after general public release - We're talking around 3,400 decks sold just in bricks, and I'm guessing around the same amount sold in singles. Say what you will about a quite lackluster box design and simple back design but financially it's working at least. The back design is growing on me a bit but that's probably just because I tend to prefer monochromatic and/or simple back designs during the periods I have when I'm more into playing poker or practicing gambling material.

With that said - it feels like they spent around 20 times as much hours on the trailer than on the design. Perhaps it would've felt a bit more interesting had they managed to do the gold foil on all of the decks but since they switched to regular metallic ink it feels like it fell short. I feel no real connection between the deck and the box.
Yes, I might be the guy you remember from that thing at that place way back when.

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Not sure where you're going with this one. I simply stated the price they'd be sold at. From what I can see the price is $7.95 with brick discounts so..? Are you agreeing? Disagreeing?

Oh, I thought you meant the price would be $7.95 with brick discounts - as in you'll get them at that price IF you buy by the brick.

Must say I don't get why some decks' threads are moved here just because they're marked. People aren't discussing them in terms of a magic accessory, this topic was because they're playing cards. Gaff decks, ID's etc I could understand because they are made for the one purpose of magic, but decks that are simply marked? What about reveals? I doubt more people who'd come to this forum to discuss this deck would do so because of anything magic-related over the general deck. Oh well, it's your board.

Either way - back on topic. The gold foil prototypes were gone almost immediately after general public release - We're talking around 3,400 decks sold just in bricks, and I'm guessing around the same amount sold in singles. Say what you will about a quite lackluster box design and simple back design but financially it's working at least. The back design is growing on me a bit but that's probably just because I tend to prefer monochromatic and/or simple back designs during the periods I have when I'm more into playing poker or practicing gambling material.

With that said - it feels like they spent around 20 times as much hours on the trailer than on the design. Perhaps it would've felt a bit more interesting had they managed to do the gold foil on all of the decks but since they switched to regular metallic ink it feels like it fell short. I feel no real connection between the deck and the box.

Marked decks get moved here because some collectors practically despise them - they want decks they can use at a poker table without being suspected of cheating.  Even one-way decks are anathema to them.  They want a 100% straight deck.  Marked decks aren't straight.  Marked decks aren't just for magic, sure - they're great for cheating at cards, too!  The fact that I can play solitaire with them as well doesn't change that.  It's nothing to do with the design, everything to do with the simple fact that they are indeed marked.

Sure, it's working financially.  But who prototypes a deck in quantities exceeding 3,000 by a wide margin?  They weren't prototypes - they were sales gimmicks, and apparently worked very well for them.  They probably ordered 3,000 from USPC and USPC overran the order by a wee bit more than the usual 10%.

Like I said, too much like what's come before, so I'm not exactly rushing to the battlements to blow a trumpet announcing their arrival.

Re: Kings - Madison, McKinnon, Ellusionist - MARKED DECK
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2014, 07:52:24 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Wow! Boyer moved the thread where deck threads go to die. :))

« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2014, 08:28:58 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran
Which, in my opinion, is exactly where it should be... ::)
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »

Magic_Orthodoxy

• Jack of Diamonds
  • "Simul iustus et peccator"
Just finished watching D+M and P+M in the "Kings" video, and you'll never hear me bad mouth them or "E" on camera, but.... wow that video was bad.

Is it nice to get a video download with a deck of cards? Sure! Could you spend a little more than an hour filming it in your back yard?

First P+M takes the cellophane off the deck and lays it off camera, and then later while he's talking it blows back across his table like a tumbleweed and he ignores it.

P+M then shows one trick with a Dbr 3 different ways and all of them are in a word... awful. The effect is so simple there's no way he "does this trick every day." Not to mention, that one time he performs a top change for the camera and then does it again, but he FORGETS and when he goes in for the reveal he glimpses his card and notices with the corner of his eye that he missed a beat and is holding the wrong card, so he stalls with patter (for you the viewer) until he feels you've forgotten and then he goes in for an additional top change.

One time he accidentally cuts the card to the bottom of the deck, but then realizes his effect is with a Dbr... so he says "you can cut it to the bottom... OR THE TOP" and then proceeds to show the trick with the card on the top. (how in the word would you use a Dbr with a selected card on the bottom?)

Another time he cuts the card to the top but does it so fast that when he lays the deck on the table, the card blows off and flips over on camera.

In the second half, D+M spends most of his time re-teaching you "Angle Z" but seriously why am I getting this gaff? The nature of the effect is I can only do it... once. Then my gaff is gone and yea....

D+M talks about the marking system briefly and then proceeds to teach an effect where you read the backs, but instead of reading the backs... D+M flips the card over and says "for time's sake this is faster." So... he hasn't memorized his own system.

And lastly, D+M has a last minute "idea" and proceeds to show you a simple force that he forgets the name to... and someone off camera reminds him that its the "cross-cross" force

oi vey

More Magic and Deck Reviews https://www.youtube.com/magicorthodoxy

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2014, 11:15:12 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
Yeah, definitely don't even consider using this deck for a poker game (or any game with money involved) - you might not walk away from that game...=P

« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2014, 11:29:54 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Yeah, definitely don't even consider using this deck for a poker game (or any game with money involved) - you might not walk away from that game...=P

My opinion of this deck and it's promotion aside, it's still a deck of 52 standard cards. Marked or Not, Gaff card included or not. It's not a "gaff deck". Don't know that I would have moved it. I respect Don's decision. I will leave it at that.

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2014, 01:36:16 PM »

hecrob

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Lover
  • Magically Delicious

• Facebook:
Guys...

Calm Down...

Its true that the extra video for the Kings deck was filmed on someones patio.

But its a free vid, they are not charging you for the extras.

The videos are fine, its just them hanging out, sharing some ideas on how to use the deck. You have to understand that they sell primarily to beginners so they have to come up with simple stuff.
Its really fun to criticise but they never advertised this video as some breakthrough - must have video that will save your life.

I think the tricks that they teach are pretty basic, but get to the point of pushing you in the right direction.

This "chilling out" style vids give some viewers the idea that magic has to be performed relaxed and not as a stiff rehearsal of the routine.

Well thats my 2 cents on the vid stuff.

On the topic of the signed "prototypes"

E is great at making the best out of their mistakes.

Those 3000 were probably the first sample run of the "final" product, PM mentions in the vid that those really shiny decks (the ones being gifted and signed with each brick you buy), were "destroyed" coming of the line at USPCC factory.....
So my guess is that they had a bad batch, they changed the color of the box so they had a better product, and they tried to make the best out of the 3000 decks that were part of that bad batch.

Form Follows Function

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2014, 03:40:09 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
Oh, I thought you meant the price would be $7.95 with brick discounts - as in you'll get them at that price IF you buy by the brick.
I see. Perhaps a bit unclear by me, but I can blame that on the educational system! ;)

Sure, it's working financially.  But who prototypes a deck in quantities exceeding 3,000 by a wide margin?  They weren't prototypes - they were sales gimmicks, and apparently worked very well for them.  They probably ordered 3,000 from USPC and USPC overran the order by a wee bit more than the usual 10%.
Actually, these weren't meant to be any special or limited deck. There were production issues that lead to them stopping the press almost right away. Sure, E took the opportunity to turn that into something positive, but it wasn't a planned limitation.

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2014, 06:20:45 PM »

DarkDerp

• Discourse Veteran
Not hitting "resume" and creating a prototype are a taaaaad differant. I will say that  it's good to see magic brought back to its Cocaine fueled, blood soaked bank heist origins. You know, for the kids and stuff.
I like to call paper coatings a finish. It makes Don happy.

« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Die?  In the board with nearly 4,000 posts?  I think not.  :))

Just finished watching D+M and P+M in the "Kings" video, and you'll never hear me bad mouth them or "E" on camera, but.... wow that video was bad.

Is it nice to get a video download with a deck of cards? Sure! Could you spend a little more than an hour filming it in your back yard?

First P+M takes the cellophane off the deck and lays it off camera, and then later while he's talking it blows back across his table like a tumbleweed and he ignores it.

P+M then shows one trick with a Dbr 3 different ways and all of them are in a word... awful. The effect is so simple there's no way he "does this trick every day." Not to mention, that one time he performs a top change for the camera and then does it again, but he FORGETS and when he goes in for the reveal he glimpses his card and notices with the corner of his eye that he missed a beat and is holding the wrong card, so he stalls with patter (for you the viewer) until he feels you've forgotten and then he goes in for an additional top change.

One time he accidentally cuts the card to the bottom of the deck, but then realizes his effect is with a Dbr... so he says "you can cut it to the bottom... OR THE TOP" and then proceeds to show the trick with the card on the top. (how in the word would you use a Dbr with a selected card on the bottom?)

Another time he cuts the card to the top but does it so fast that when he lays the deck on the table, the card blows off and flips over on camera.

In the second half, D+M spends most of his time re-teaching you "Angle Z" but seriously why am I getting this gaff? The nature of the effect is I can only do it... once. Then my gaff is gone and yea....

D+M talks about the marking system briefly and then proceeds to teach an effect where you read the backs, but instead of reading the backs... D+M flips the card over and says "for time's sake this is faster." So... he hasn't memorized his own system.

And lastly, D+M has a last minute "idea" and proceeds to show you a simple force that he forgets the name to... and someone off camera reminds him that its the "cross-cross" force

oi vey

That. Is. HYSTERICAL!

Actually, these weren't meant to be any special or limited deck. There were production issues that lead to them stopping the press almost right away. Sure, E took the opportunity to turn that into something positive, but it wasn't a planned limitation.

When you look at the close-ups of the boxes, you can see spots where the gold seems to have dripped in blobs on the box.  But "almost right away" doesn't add up to 3,000 decks!  It was probably caught late in the run despite USPC's vaunted "Q1 quality control" and they probably tried to find some way to get E to eat the cost.  So, given lemons, E opted to make lemonade.

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
Where did you get the number of 3,000 gold foil decks? It's under 300 from what I've heard.

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Where did you get the number of 3,000 gold foil decks? It's under 300 from what I've heard.

I was quoting someone else around here.  Hey, I could be wrong, they could have been wrong, we could be wrong.

300 sounds much more like, "Oh, accident - but they look cool so we'll take them anyway."

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2014, 10:03:43 PM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member
I think it's....289!

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2014, 03:33:30 AM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran
I've had it confirmed that it is less than 300 (ballpark - around 270-289) produced in case anyone's curious.

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2014, 05:14:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

I think it's....289!

I've had it confirmed that it is less than 300 (ballpark - around 270-289) produced in case anyone's curious.

Aldazar - you WIN!  Yay!  (Just don't ask what the prize is...)  :))

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Not hitting "resume" and creating a prototype are a taaaaad differant. I will say that  it's good to see magic brought back to its Cocaine fueled, blood soaked bank heist origins. You know, for the kids and stuff.

It's all about the kids. :))

You have to wonder! The loss of reality are all signs. They can't distingish between wrong or right. Some of us are parents and our kids like the same things we do. Where does Daniel and Peter think their future sales are coming from?

oi vey

This coming from someone who spends less then 15 minutes in his basement on a tablecloth making videos. If its a free video, I'm not going to nail them to the wall for quality. I have not seen the video. If your telling me your production is better, then I would have to agree with your credible video making expertise. :))
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:19:31 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2014, 03:41:58 PM »

Marcus

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Veteran

oi vey

This coming from someone who spends less then 15 minutes in his basement on a tablecloth making videos. If its a free video, I'm not going to nail them to the wall for quality. I have not seen the video. If your telling me your production is better, then I would have to agree with your credible video making expertise. :))

This way of reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2014, 07:20:52 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

oi vey

This way of reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

That's because I was not trying to be reasonable. I was being sarcastic about MO criticizing the video quality. :)) In addition, Peter has been really good to MO. People think I'm negative, but I do have a handful of people I never write $#it about no matter what. I thought Peter was one of those people for MO. I guess not.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 07:35:22 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2014, 11:42:27 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
Guys, please - let's keep a civil tone.  Don't make it personal, unless you want to take it to PMs.

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2014, 12:11:42 AM »

Rob Wright

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Aficionado

• Kickstarter:
I guess dressing up like gangsta's wearing skinny jeans, and playing with toy guns does sell cards  ::)

5 hours ago

|| SOLD OUT || Well you guys have officially crushed it, the Kings playing cards are now sold out in only 4 days! More Kings news coming soon -->

Steven Wright

My Playing Card DB

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2014, 07:16:23 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
I guess dressing up like gangsta's wearing skinny jeans, and playing with toy guns does sell cards  ::)

5 hours ago

|| SOLD OUT || Well you guys have officially crushed it, the Kings playing cards are now sold out in only 4 days! More Kings news coming soon -->

Of course it sells cards... That's why they did it. Next promotion will be the half naked woman in lingerie. :))

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2014, 01:36:01 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

5 hours ago

Of course it sells cards... That's why they did it. Next promotion will be the half naked woman in lingerie. :))

Because that sells cards, too?  To women?  And impressionable children?  Who said sexism is dead!  :))

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

5 hours ago

Because that sells cards, too?  To women?  And impressionable children?  Who said sexism is dead!  :))

People are always finding ways to make their jobs more fun... I'd much rather be working with female models then guns. Although guns don't get cold and complain. I would not say its beyond them at this moment. I don't think guns, arson and bank theft appeal to a majority of woman and children either... In my youth, I was well aware of the things I was not allowed to see or have and found ways to get them anyway... Strange how that works. There needs to be a fine line in business between what one shows people as it relates to the product. The point is one should not do things just to do them.

On that note, I'm getting really bored and think I will take a break. :))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:24:53 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2014, 02:28:07 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

People are always finding ways to make their jobs more fun... I'd much rather be working with female models then guns. Although guns don't get cold and complain. I would not say its beyond them at this moment. I don't think guns, arson and bank theft appeal to a majority of woman and children either... In my youth, I was well aware of the things I was not allowed to see or have and found ways to get them anyway... Strange how that works. There needs to be a fine line in business between what one shows people as it relates to the product. The point is one should not do things just to do them.

Guns DO get cold.  But they don't complain.

The whole video falls flat because, among other reasons, they didn't release all the decks in the gold boxes they wanted to use.  Kinda loses its raison d'etre.

« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2014, 10:22:50 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member

After that, they'll have a promo with half naked men, to avoid the gender discrimination lawsuits...=P *shudders*

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2014, 04:43:25 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

Guns DO get cold.  But they don't complain.

The whole video falls flat because, among other reasons, they didn't release all the decks in the gold boxes they wanted to use.  Kinda loses its raison d'etre.

Yes guns do get cold but I used the word "and" not "or".  :bosswalk:

After that, they'll have a promo with half naked men, to avoid the gender discrimination lawsuits...=P *shudders*

Ahhh was that the answer Don was looking for? :o Lets not give our production readers any ideas. ;)

Boobs instead of guns, I think that's something most woman can agree on.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:56:24 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »

aldazar

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Elite Member

And I'm guessing many (if not most) guys can agree that both boobs and guns would be better than either one alone! =P

« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2014, 12:57:47 PM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran

And I'm guessing many (if not most) guys can agree that both boobs and guns would be better than either one alone! =P

Boobs would be ok alone.... Guns, not so much....
"I collect these objects to learn from them. In some moment these things are going to teach me something. For me, this is like a library. These are my books."
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2014, 03:28:46 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:

Guessin' you don't listen to the Cramps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwnZDakp_v4

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2014, 03:24:35 AM »

Will W.

• Discourse Veteran

Guessin' you don't listen to the Cramps...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwnZDakp_v4
You would be right sir.... That video was terrible and the song even worse....  :karrit:
- Jose Bedia

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2014, 09:56:30 AM »

Edward

• True Member
Hi ! Seems there is alot of issues on the table ? We all need to make a buck !

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2014, 10:40:17 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
Hi ! Seems there is alot of issues on the table ? We all need to make a buck !

Their needs are no concern of mine. I have no allegiance to them.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:54:50 AM by Card Player »

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2014, 10:58:23 AM »

Edward

• True Member
Yep ! Make a buck or a ton more !!!!!!

I say the Video is great ! Dan and Pete did a geat job on this !!

Ya double post ! Two thunbs up !!! for Dan and Peter
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:06:18 AM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2014, 11:55:14 AM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
RHYTHM @petermckinnon

"The writing on the wall", or "the hand writing on the wall", or "the writing is on the wall" or "Mene Mene", is an idiom implying that a (usually) negative event is easily predictable based on the current situation. Often, the event is seen as hard to avert. A direness similar to an "impending doom" can be implied.

The irony.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:39:02 PM by Card Player »

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2014, 06:03:03 PM »

Don Boyer

• Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel

• Facebook:
RHYTHM @petermckinnon

"The writing on the wall", or "the hand writing on the wall", or "the writing is on the wall" or "Mene Mene", is an idiom implying that a (usually) negative event is easily predictable based on the current situation. Often, the event is seen as hard to avert. A direness similar to an "impending doom" can be implied.

The irony.

The circled message in the middle reads "I SEE YOUR SOULS" or "I SEE YOUR SKULLS".  "Souls" is the likelier choice.  Can't make out the one on the right.  First two letters are PE but I can't make out what's next.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:04:31 PM by Don Boyer »

« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2014, 07:13:33 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
RHYTHM @petermckinnon

The irony.

The circled message in the middle reads "I SEE YOUR SOULS" or "I SEE YOUR SKULLS".  "Souls" is the likelier choice.  Can't make out the one on the right.  First two letters are PE but I can't make out what's next.

No results found for "remember this night and remember every word he said".

Maybe its an open love letter from Peter to Daniel? :))

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 07:26:02 PM by Card Player »