• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
today i sent Shim Lim and email about an idea I had, here is the email:

hi Shin Lim, just watched your a change of heart trailer and thought of something cool you could do. about halfway through you have a spread on the table, maybe when you take the card up to the wall to change it, it changes into the card at the start of the spread, but the two cards trade places. if you could work out how to do this, and if you do use this idea, can i have a free download tutorial for it and some of the profit made from it?

please reply

yours Sincerely,

Joshua Robinson

and this is the response:

Shin Lim is in London. this is his mom.( i screen emails,delete nonsense & handle stalkers..if it becomes bad i'll call the lawyers)
ideas are many, executing them or accomplishing them are much more difficult.
your request is stupendous. we all can wish $ fall from the sky. it costs $ to film, etc.
and we have to pay more than 40% of $ to the magic websites for any sales.
do your work more seriously if u are supposedly a young teen.u sound more like a predator.

Mrs. Lim

really?!?!?! Mrs. Lim called a 14 year old a PREDATOR!?!?!?! i was just giving an idea!!!

what would you say if this happened to you, i think i just lost all respect for the Lim family because of Shims mother!!
I am now a Business Representative for www.shuffleanddeal.com.au

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

Re: Shim Lim
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 10:27:39 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Ha. How old is Shim?

If he's over the age of 14, then this is just hilariously sad. Don't go on the Internet if mommy and daddy watch what you do because you'll end up looking like an ass.

If he's under 14, then his mom's monitoring is acceptable, but her response is still foolish.

I'd reply with, "Please let those of us who actually know something about the topic discuss it. I would appreciate it if you showed my emails to your son when you have the chance. If I somehow sound to you like a "predator" then you not only have my apology, but also my recommendation on taking some classes that describe in detail exactly what an Internet predator really is. As a mother, your concern is heartwarming, but your execution is foolish. I am a fan of your son's work and simply wanted to discuss it with him. I'm 14, and if you need proof of my age, that to me sounds more predatory than anything. If you decided I am an Internet stalker based off of my email, then based off of your response I can safely assume that you are a pedophile."

Then again, I tend to get very confrontational with idiots.  ::)
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 10:31:08 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
so do i, but her response was just ridiculous

Youtube channel for Shuffle and Deal: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShuffleAndDealAus?feature=mhee

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 10:36:43 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
In fairness, an idea for an effect without any of the methodology is pretty worthless.  E.g., I have an idea for a trick where I eat the sun.  I think it would be amazing, could you think of how to do it and then let me have some of the money?

OK, that's extreme but still, I think your email is a little ridiculous and hers is... well, a little insane but I think it might be due to not speaking very good English.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 10:43:40 PM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
but my idea is possible because, say you have the selected card at the start of the spread, you take a random card out of the spread and you give it a shake, and it changes spot with the selected card, so the selected card is in ur hand and the random card is on the end of the spread!!, how cool would that be

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 01:42:44 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
No offense to you, five of hearts.
But asking for a free tutorial isn't the thing that people do.
If you can figure the trick out yourself and practice it yourself, that's okay.
But I think it's really not suitable sending email to any tricks inventors, tell them you think you know how they did, and ask them for tutorial.

And I saw you asking people for a free things many times. Please avoid doing that.

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 01:57:14 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
no, it was a new thought i had from watching one of his videos, and i thought he could create my idea. and sorry

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 03:24:22 AM »

CDXX

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
instead of giving out your ideas, why dont you sit down and try to work out a method for the trick. thats what I do when I get ideas.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 04:03:04 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
okay, thank you, i just dont know how i would get them to switch places

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 03:25:32 AM »

CDXX

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Tumblr:

• Twitter:
and thats where creativity comes into play ...

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 03:55:55 AM »

Joshua Robinson

• Former Moderator
  • Extraordinaire
  • grow. create. live.

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• Windows Live:

• YouTube:
okay, but wouldnt it be awesome if that happened?

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 04:40:42 PM »

chahung

• Newcomer
I do not find anything wrong with your email. Her response was weird. What does she do to the emails she gets from real stalkers. I wonder if Shim Lin thinks that was alright.

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 06:11:12 AM »

Aron Prins

• 52 Plus Joker Member

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
This is just hilarious.... And im sure it will make him look bad at one time or the other!
He can do magic, but can't replyto emails? I mean is he getting 1000's of em :P?