Author (Read 2159 times)

New Deck Report Concept
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:19:35 AM »

Loop Cuts

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
Hey Gang.  I've been working on a deck report since the one here is hard to keep up with.  It's hosted on Loop Cuts because the forums won't support a proper layout that is manageable long term.  I've not made it public yet on Facebook so please don't share it yet.  I would like everyone to check out the report as it is right now and let me know what they think.  Please keep in mind that it is still in development and that more content will be added before it goes live.

Thanks

http://loopcuts.com/deck-report/

Re: New Deck Report Concept
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:22 AM »

Yashi

• Elite Member
This is nice. With an influx of playing cards in Kickstarter, this is pretty neat. Not so sure about the fraud alert though. You won't really know it's a fraud until your deck doesn't deliver. Not unless that section is going to include projects with huge red flags. And the left and right arrows for the "New to Kickstarter" section controls the "New Arrivals" section.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 11:17:58 AM »

Loop Cuts

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
This is nice. With an influx of playing cards in Kickstarter, this is pretty neat. Not so sure about the fraud alert though. You won't really know it's a fraud until your deck doesn't deliver. Not unless that section is going to include projects with huge red flags. And the left and right arrows for the "New to Kickstarter" section controls the "New Arrivals" section.

I might rename the Fraud Alert to something else less abrasive and more general to red flags.  The "New to Kickstarter Section will only show the latest while the menu to the right of the page will list 10-15 of the latest.  I'm still thinking of ways to feature them and categorize them all. 

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 11:57:14 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
You should red flag quicksilver. They stopped posting updates and shipping a while ago.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »

Loop Cuts

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
You should red flag quicksilver. They stopped posting updates and shipping a while ago.

There is many projects both good and bad that I've still got to add.  I will do so after I finalize the concept.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 01:14:47 PM »

BiggerDee

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
I really like it and especially like the fraud section. It's a good reminder to check in on the comments for those projects for a status, and a reminder to new backers that while most projects are legitimate, and rewards fulfilled, caution must be used when pledging. I'm still amazed by the amount of folks that are shocked when a project's product isn't delivered. I've backed around 120 projects, and only have 2 in limbo so I've been lucky, but it's something that needs to be taken into consideration before backing.

Thanks for your work in making this happen!

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 04:12:05 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire

I might rename the Fraud Alert to something else less abrasive and more general to red flags.  The "New to Kickstarter Section will only show the latest while the menu to the right of the page will list 10-15 of the latest.  I'm still thinking of ways to feature them and categorize them all.

You have a fraud alert? How ironic! Things have really turned around for you from a year ago?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:18:09 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 08:15:51 PM »

ivan

• True Member

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
This is good stuff Robert!

Instead of 10-15 similar items for the menu on the right, how about an Ending Soon column and/or currently most funded. That will be useful for your readers to identify and discover projects to back. :)

The problem with the fraud sections is how do you classify partial delivered projects? I had this problem when i was writing an article about Late/Non-deliverable of Top Projects 2012.

http://www.kardify.com/2013/12/analytics-why-top-2012-kickstarter.html

Also, you might find this table useful ;)

Can't wait to see the finished site.  :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 08:16:38 PM by ivan »

Recent Post:
+ Designers: Realising the Vision with Lotrek of Venexiana Playing Cards fb.me/6AdE6sqej
+ Analytics: Project by Numbers- Federal 52 Pt II http://fb.me/2OyvCJgXU
+ Kickstarter: 7 Questions with Lorenzo Gaggiotti of Requiem Playing Cards http://fb.me/WKgT2S0e

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 10:15:49 PM »

Card Player

• Extraordinaire
One large obvious oversite! Someone has to maintain the information. How long do you think that's going to last? A few months maybe. I don't think Robert will keep up with it for more then a year. I certainly would not report the status of a project to him. Many updates are for backers only. Are you going to back every deck on kickstarter?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:29:54 PM by !An0nym0u5 »

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:52 PM »

Justin O.

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Discourse Deity
  • Charm gets you quite far. Guile gets you the rest.
I really like this concept. Some layout tweaking and consistent updating and I will be behind this idea completely.
Captain negative up there brings up a good point though, how long are you willing to keep this up? If you have the stamina and fortitude to make this a permanent and up to date medium you will be doing a huge service to the community. If you aren't willing to be committed though, to see it through for as long as it needs to be around, you are spending a lot of energy and getting some hopes up.
I want to see this work and support you 100% so keep up what looks to be great work and people will respond to it!
Kickstarter completely revolutionized the way I waste money.

The people who handle playing cards are always in a world of delicate fingertip technology.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 01:34:06 AM »

Sher143

• Discourse Veteran
One large obvious oversite! Someone has to maintain the information. How long do you think that's going to last? A few months maybe. I don't think Robert will keep up with it for more then a year. I certainly would not report the status of a project to him. Many updates are for backers only. Are you going to back every deck on kickstarter?

Does it have to be one person?  I think it's possible for several people to help...

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 01:52:06 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Does it have to be one person?  I think it's possible for several people to help...

He'd have to give access to his site to those other people in order to do that.  It would be like trying to jam seven chefs into a 10-sq.-ft. kitchen...

I have plans in the works for reviving the New Deck Report we have here.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 07:18:54 AM »

Loop Cuts

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
I really like this concept. Some layout tweaking and consistent updating and I will be behind this idea completely.
Captain negative up there brings up a good point though, how long are you willing to keep this up? If you have the stamina and fortitude to make this a permanent and up to date medium you will be doing a huge service to the community. If you aren't willing to be committed though, to see it through for as long as it needs to be around, you are spending a lot of energy and getting some hopes up.
I want to see this work and support you 100% so keep up what looks to be great work and people will respond to it!

It is indeed a lot of work but Loop Cuts has been running 1 year strong!  This layout that I've created is pretty friendly to upkeep.  I'm gong to have to grind out a ton of previous KS projects to make sure they are all available on the report though.  After that is done, I'll only have to add them as they launch and change a category every now and then.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 08:54:43 PM »

vmagic

This is good stuff Robert!

Instead of 10-15 similar items for the menu on the right, how about an Ending Soon column and/or currently most funded. That will be useful for your readers to identify and discover projects to back. :)

The problem with the fraud sections is how do you classify partial delivered projects? I had this problem when i was writing an article about Late/Non-deliverable of Top Projects 2012.

http://www.kardify.com/2013/12/analytics-why-top-2012-kickstarter.html

Also, you might find this table useful ;)

Can't wait to see the finished site.  :D

Why is Polaris on your table? Was not aware of any issues with that one and I think everyone has received theirs.

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »

CrankUP

• Forum Regular

• Twitter:
Hey Robert, I clicked the link in your signature and got directed to a bad page. Turns out, you left a " at the end of the link. Just wanted to let you know.
Broke for cards

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 11:11:29 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Why is Polaris on your table? Was not aware of any issues with that one and I think everyone has received theirs.

Turns out, Victor, that some people did complain about decks arriving late - not everyone, but some people.  David Goldklang admitted as much, due to having bit off more than he could chew at once, which is why you don't see any new projects from his while he clears up the delays with his current ones.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »

Loop Cuts

• Elite Member

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:
The Deck Report is now Live

http://loopcuts.com/deck-report/

I will continue to improve it as time goes on.  Thanks for all the feedback!