You are Here:
What to do with my Destroyed Red Artifice?

Author (Read 1587 times)

What to do with my Destroyed Red Artifice?
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:47:03 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
I'm guessing this belongs in "The Talk Park" but feel free to move it as needed.

Alright so here's the story, when I received my brick of Red Artifice playing cards, I noticed three of the decks were damaged, I sent them an email, an what they said was quite surprising. I needed to send them pictures of the boxes cut in half, along with all the King and Queen's of hearts to be cut up in the same picture, so I did. It felt like smashing a brand new iPad, because although I didn't feel good cutting them up, it also felt awesome to destroy something so valuable. I've received my new decks, but I'm wondering what I should do with the three decks of Red Artifice (No, I won't send them to you). I was thinking of spreading them out all scattered and framing them. What do you guys think?
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

Re: What to do with my Destroyed Red Artifice?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:52:52 AM »

KPopFever605

• Jack of Diamonds

• Twitter:
You could do that, I remember this one member on another forum destroying this 1st edition Black Ghost becuase Ellusionist would be sending him another one. I guess they do that so they have proof you aren't reselling their merchandise. They have funny ways over there at E!
"The word impossible is reserved for those without an imagination." - Arvind

http://www.youtube.com/user/KPopFever605

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:56:44 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
You could do that, I remember this one member on another forum destroying this 1st edition Black Ghost becuase Ellusionist would be sending him another one. I guess they do that so they have proof you aren't reselling their merchandise. They have funny ways over there at E!

Makes sense. No reason to send it back and pay shipping when they are just going to destroy it anyway.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:30 AM »

phantom1412

• Jack of Diamonds

• Facebook:

• Twitter:
If you have full cards left (not cut one)
If you are interest, you can send it to me and I'll make the rose as my profile picture with those cards.
And, what I want in return is a deck/ or decks as a gift.
(Not specify what deck, that depends on how many roses you want)

If you are interest, please PM me.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
If you have full cards left (not cut one)
If you are interest, you can send it to me and I'll make the rose as my profile picture with those cards.
And, what I want in return is a deck/ or decks as a gift.
(Not specify what deck, that depends on how many roses you want)

If you are interest, please PM me.

No thank you. I believe you live far away (Singapore?) and Shipping for a deck of cards would be insane.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:

That would be CBJ you are talking about.

No thank you. I believe you live far away (Singapore?) and Shipping for a deck of cards would be insane.

I feel there is a slight misconception with international shipping. I cannot speak for the prices in the states, but they can't be too far off shipping prices from Canada to other countries, if anything I would assume they are cheaper. Selling some decks through eBay, I have shipped decks to France and to Australia and neither destination was extremely expensive. 3 decks to Australia for $15 and the are delivered in a week and a half, not too bad if you ask me

As for what to do with the RA's, I would do something artsy with them. Just looked around and maybe you will get inspiration for something. As you said, framing might be  viable option, its really just what you are looking for.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:53:40 AM by Curt »

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:47:04 AM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
Yah Curt, I will probably just do something artsy with them like frame them. Heck, I could even use them for magic.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 01:14:59 PM »

Kanped

• Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
It seems funny that they're asking magicians, of all people, to cut something in half to prove that it's destroyed.  I'm sure there's a pretty good trick in there somewhere that'll score you a couple of free Artifice.  I would keep the remaining cards for gimmicks; cutting little pieces out, making belly strippers, marking etc.  there's loads of stuff you could do.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
It seems funny that they're asking magicians, of all people, to cut something in half to prove that it's destroyed.  I'm sure there's a pretty good trick in there somewhere that'll score you a couple of free Artifice.  I would keep the remaining cards for gimmicks; cutting little pieces out, making belly strippers, marking etc.  there's loads of stuff you could do.

Here's my plan for now. I will play with the cards, and once they've been worn out, I will frame them...or I will make little origami things.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
International shipping gets insane when you're doing large shipments - for example it will cost me about $100 to ship 48 decks.

However, Curt is correct, you can ship quite a bit with just $15.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 02:33:56 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
International shipping gets insane when you're doing large shipments - for example it will cost me about $100 to ship 48 decks.

However, Curt is correct, you can ship quite a bit with just $15.

Well still, I don't think I will want the roses, but thanks anyway.
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:

thats what i would do, use them to make color changes and things
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.