You are Here:
Redditors in the community

Author (Read 1429 times)

Redditors in the community
« on: January 07, 2013, 12:44:17 AM »

shz

• True Member
  • Image credit blazingtalent.deviantart.com
Just wondering how many are there on the discourse. Saw a few mentions of reddit on some threads and wanted to know about everyone else.

Are you a lurker or member? What would be your favorite subreddits, frequency of usage, overall opinion about the site, your karma journeys, anything you feel like sharing.

Let's see how many have the missing piece linking narwhal and bacon.... :D
"It's like you're invisible... just the back of an 'ead"

MAJOR brownie points if you get it.

Re: Redditors in the community
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:52:29 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I'm a huge redditor. My favorite subs are r/atheism, r/nosleep, r/diablo, as well as a whole bunch for whatever piques my interest at the time.

I've made the front page once or twice as well. I think my submission on r/nosleep is in the top 15 of all time.

I think it's funny how one progresses with karma on the site. At first, getting a couple upvotes is insane. "OMG THESE PEOPLE LIKED WHAT I WROTE." Now I delete submissions with <100 Karma, and am only impressed by 1000+.

Getting one of the top comments still feels good though regardless of how many upvotes it gets. It's insane how many opinions are swayed by the top comment in each thread.

Dat power.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 02:16:56 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
I am on reddit fairly consistently. I don't post a lot, but did get some link karma from a cat photo I posted in r/aww a while ago. I usually am on the standard r/videos and r/all but I do enjoy checking out r/starcraft , r/diablo , r/dexter ( when the shows are on ) and since I am a bit into clothes and fashion, r/malefashionadvice to see other redditors styles and maybe get a few ideas.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 02:22:10 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
I am on reddit fairly consistently. I don't post a lot, but did get some link karma from a cat photo I posted in r/aww a while ago. I usually am on the standard r/videos and r/all but I do enjoy checking out r/starcraft , r/diablo , r/dexter ( when the shows are on ) and since I am a bit into clothes and fashion, r/malefashionadvice to see other redditors styles and maybe get a few ideas.

If you check into r/diablo then you've probably seen at least one of my posts/submissions :P

That reminds me, the badge for coming online at night is named after a subreddit. Hence /r/nosleep. :P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
haha, I probably have Alex.

I haven't logged on for a bit now, but I did manage to get my barb up to a little over 150k dps and 1.1m EHP... so it was half decent. I might log on sometime later this week and see if I can gain another few paragon lvls... maybe break 70.. who knows.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 03:23:04 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
haha, I probably have Alex.

I haven't logged on for a bit now, but I did manage to get my barb up to a little over 150k dps and 1.1m EHP... so it was half decent. I might log on sometime later this week and see if I can gain another few paragon lvls... maybe break 70.. who knows.

I just got to 70. You should add me back. A little after launch my account got hacked and wiped D:

JuicyPoof#1839
Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 04:35:29 PM »

shutupdangit

• Elite Member
I'm on reddit every day. I typically only comment and hardly ever submit. I don't really have a particular "favorite" subreddit but I do spend a lot of time on my local city-based subreddits (since I know a lot of those members in person) as well as, especially lately, r/nfl....because go Broncos!

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:09:32 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Reddit takes up like all of my online time. Mostly I lurk, but I do post a bit in r/geology , r/hockey , and r/fitness. I need to post more and lurk less though, I hardly type at all nowadays.

*looks at your post count*

Yep sounds about right

Hey bud :P
Forum Founder.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »

fusionx2

• Newcomer

• last.fm:
Reddit takes up like all of my online time. Mostly I lurk, but I do post a bit in r/geology , r/hockey , and r/fitness. I need to post more and lurk less though, I hardly type at all nowadays.

Yep sounds about right

Post count is low here because I know nothing about playing cards. And I'm way too lazy to start other topics.

And hey  :D

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:

Yep sounds about right

Post count is low here because I know nothing about playing cards. And I'm way too lazy to start other topics.

Well, then I guess you have a fair amount of reading ahead of you.  I'll let you get right to it...  :))
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 11:58:38 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:

Yep sounds about right

It's cool, just glad to see you're alive.

Sorry to get off topic, but you will forever remind me of G101, which will forever remind me of Jay, which will forever make me wonder wtf happened to that dude.

I mean, come on. Nobody falls off the face of the earth like that.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 02:34:05 PM »

fusionx2

• Newcomer

• last.fm:

Yep sounds about right

It's cool, just glad to see you're alive.

Sorry to get off topic, but you will forever remind me of G101, which will forever remind me of Jay, which will forever make me wonder wtf happened to that dude.

I mean, come on. Nobody falls off the face of the earth like that.

You have me on facebook, so you can always check haha.

And yeah, Jay just vanished into thin air. I've tried to find him a few times, but dude was a ghost. None of his emails, IM names, anything goes to him anymore. I only know that his name is Jay and he lived in Virginia Beach, and is probably around 28-29 right now. I don't think we'll ever see him again.