You are Here:

Poll

Do you like the design?

Yes
No
I would like to see the computer graphic
I would like to see more details
Designing Destiny playing cards (need help)

Author (Read 1493 times)

Designing Destiny playing cards (need help)
« on: December 01, 2012, 11:00:49 AM »

CHaSeD

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

I recently came out with an idea, about a custom deck named destiny. I have already drafted the design (see below), but I cannot find anyone who can help me make it a final design on a computer.
 Can anyone suggest what software/ programme to use for designing the deck directly on my computer? Or can anyone help me do it? I will offer rewards to you if the deck come true.
 Also, I am here get your opinions, any of your opinion will help me in this.
 I really hope that someone can help me to make my dream come true, printing my first custom deck.

If you are interested please email to phchanpaul@gmail.com

Thanks,
 Paul
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:58:46 AM by CHaSeD »
Never challenge your destiny.It is written.

Re: Destiny playing cards (need help)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi guys,
 I recently came out with an idea, about a custom deck named destiny. I have already drafted the design (see below), but I cannot find anyone who can help me make it a final design on a computer.
 Can anyone suggest what software/ programme to use for designing the deck directly on my computer? Or can anyone help me do it? I will offer rewards to you if the deck come true.
 Also, I am here get your opinions, any of your opinion will help me in this.
 I really hope that someone can help me to make my dream come true, printing my first custom deck.

If you are interested please email to phchanpaul@gmail.com

Thanks,
 Paul

You've got a few options.  First of all, if you can polish the design (even if it's pen and ink with smoe color), HOPC might be willing to take your project to the next few levels and make a deck out of it.  You should approach them with more than just an Ace of Spades and a card back, though, and (to the best of your drawing ability) flesh out your designs to something at least resembling your vision.

If you want to go it on your own and are willing to learn the software, you can download free copies of Photoshop.  But before you can use it for a professional project, you'll eventually have to pay for a license, and they aren't cheap (though for graphic designers, they're worth it).  Another option is a similar freely-available program called Gimp, which I hear is supposed to work in many ways like Photoshop does, but is more of a stripped-down version.  The graphics guys around here would know more about that than me.

If you have a friend who's willing to work on the chance of a payout and knows this stuff, talk to him.  You might convince him to take a fee if and when the project is successful.  There's a chance he'll get nothing, and a chance that he'll get a healthy payday - be willing to make a deal.

Tell us more about your deck's theme.  A well put-together theme can make the difference between a lousy deck and a great one.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 09:10:50 PM »

CHaSeD

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

Thanks Don, so now i am going to tell more about the deck.
The reason for me to choose the topic Destiny is because I think Destiny is a thing that everyone should realise its exist.Destiny is written, you cant change it,you cant challenge it, but you have to believe in it.
The triangles in both the back design and AoS is the sign of fate and destiny.The libras are representing the judgement of your destiny.The scythe represents life and death, which destiny often brings.
By the way, I am really in need of someone who can draw in computer.I will try my best to draw the things by hand,I hope someone can really help me in the computer drawing.
Thus, kickstarter was the place I want to post but seems only US and UK residents can do it.Guys from HK can do nothing in the website.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »

CHaSeD

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:17:54 PM by CHaSeD »

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:18:50 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Thanks Don, so now i am going to tell more about the deck.
The reason for me to choose the topic Destiny is because I think Destiny is a thing that everyone should realise its exist.Destiny is written, you cant change it,you cant challenge it, but you have to believe in it.
The triangles in both the back design and AoS is the sign of fate and destiny.The libras are representing the judgement of your destiny.The scythe represents life and death, which destiny often brings.
By the way, I am really in need of someone who can draw in computer.I will try my best to draw the things by hand,I hope someone can really help me in the computer drawing.
Thus, kickstarter was the place I want to post but seems only US and UK residents can do it.Guys from HK can do nothing in the website.

There is another site that's like Kickstarter called Indiegogo.  The biggest differences would be that Indiegogo takes submissions from a lot more countries, they allow fundraisers for charity and projects can be set up to receive all the pledges raised whether you reach your goal or not.  The only problems there are that the site is far less known and it's too easily abused by bogus project creators.

But as I said, polish the design.  If you can't interest HOPC, perhaps you could find another design firm that would be willing to make a deal in order to create your deck.

Honestly, you're better off with a US partner.  Custom decks ordered from outside the country deal with the International Dept. at USPC while domestic orders are handled by the Custom Dept.  It's simpler and cheaper to deal with the Custom Dept.

Alternately, you could simply wait.  Since Kickstarter's expanded into the UK, they're unlikely to simply stop there and call it a day.  I imagine Honk Kong will eventually show up on their list of countries that they'll deal with on the creator side.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:20:29 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

Re: Designing Destiny playing cards (need help)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
So, uh, have you done the computer graphics yet?
It's fine if you haven't, but I'm just curious if the deck will have a hand drawn or a computer drawn feel.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 06:17:31 AM »

CHaSeD

• Newcomer

• Facebook:

So, uh, have you done the computer graphics yet?
It's fine if you haven't, but I'm just curious if the deck will have a hand drawn or a computer drawn feel.
It WILL be drawn in computer graphic, but I need some time to draw a better,final draft first so that it will be easier to draw in computer.

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »

MrMollusk

• Extraordinaire
  • I like birds.

• Kickstarter:
Oh, neat.  :)
You don't really need to redraw the draft, all you need to do is draw the top half in a painting program then reflect it vertically. You only need to redraw if you want a sketch layer for reference. I personally don't think it's necessary, but that's me.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)