I Hate...

Author (Read 1179 times)

I Hate...
« on: October 24, 2011, 12:15:22 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
I hate when i'm on here at night and i'm seriously the only one posting, because that's when i'm able to post a lot more.

Re: I Hate...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:34:05 AM »

Curt

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Frequent Flyer

• Facebook:
Please don't worry too much about post counts. It's not the amount of posts that impressive, its the quality. I know I probably sound like a broken record on this topic but it still seems to not sink in with everyone. As for the lack of users on at night it is because not everyone is in the pacific timezone and most people are going to sleep.

But I would just like to stress again, post counts are meaningless when you goal is to post for the sake of posting. The goal should be to add as much as you can to the discussion with each post and try to answers others questions in a thorough manner. 99% of the time, if there is a one or two word post like "awesome!" or "I agree", its going to get deleted.

And remember, If Alex feels that someone is posting and creating spam, that user will be disqualified from being able to receive posting incentives.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:36:54 AM by Curt »

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 12:38:10 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
That's what i've been trying to do. I always think about saying that stuff but after I type it then I remember to add more stuff And I usually do. I don't try to max out my posts. If I was trying to do that then I wouldn't even still be writing. I would have just said "Ok"

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »

John B.

• Don't you have work you should be doing? We are watching you.
  • Jack of Diamonds

• YouTube:
I agree with curt, one thing that i have had troubles with is posting as if i was instant messaging someone, basicly they are short and pointless, i am currently working on not posting as often and only if I truely feel i do add to what is said. when you get on you might just respond to what you actually care about. I believe alex and them would rather you post a few meaningful comments every once and a while and no one to win the prizes then people posting to post just to win them.
Do you guys even read this? Like I could have the meaning of life here and I doubt you would know it.

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 12:45:11 AM »

austin

• Discourse Royalty
  • Mundus Vult Decipi

• YouTube:
Yes I agree. At first I was basically instant messaging and getting off topic to. Until Curt sent me a nice message telling me I was doing that. Now if I want to post and only have a little bit to say I try to add as much as I can.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 02:50:28 AM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Yeah one thing I like to stress is that this is a discussion forum, not an IM program. There's no reason to not go all out and make a huge post as often as you can, because the reason people go on here is to read what you have to say.

Say it loud, say it proud, and be as eloquent as you can be.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I hate...how easily it is to get of topic, myself included
Magical as Sin!

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 08:38:49 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
You guys will love the spam board, I think. It really helps promote real discussions on the other parts of the board in the long run as well.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 06:16:08 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
I hope so, because having a conversation with a topic to adhere to is challenging
Magical as Sin!