Re: Tendril - It's Official
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:34 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
What's the tuck case like? I've been kind of curious about it after they had to redo it so many times.
The tuck case is perfect. Nothing wrong with it at all. I'm not sure why it needed to be reprinted many times because there isn't embossing so it wasn't an embossing problem.

« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2012, 05:29:53 AM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
you got them really early .. did you purchase directly from him or you pledge from kickstarter ?? and why are you camera constantly shaking

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2012, 11:29:44 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
you got them really early .. did you purchase directly from him or you pledge from kickstarter ?? and why are you camera constantly shaking
I believe he got them early because he is a reviewer and works with Conjuring Creations and Encarded.

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2012, 11:33:14 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire
  • Encarded makes custom playing cards.

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
I've currently got 300+ packages waiting for the post office to come pick them. I did send a few packages out on Tuesday to folks that would get some exposure for the cards or were otherwise helpful/special to me. All the rest will be going out in batches over the coming days. This stuff takes a huge amount of time but is going smoothly. Thank God for electronic postage and label machines.
Paul Carpenter
Designer - http://encarded.com

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2012, 02:56:57 PM »

Evan

• I AM EVAAAAN!
  • Ace of Spades

• Facebook:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
why are you camera constantly shaking
I have no idea why it was shaking. I'm trying to figure that out.
Probably just a ghost...  :P

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »

dcell59

• True Member
Can anyone explain to me which why the box required reprinting?
This is what Paul said on the KS update:

"The first two were not printed up to spec, and the third looked great but did not have the correct amount of glue applied, which was resulting in them not staying shut properly."

He didn't specify what was not "up to spec" about the first two.

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Can anyone explain to me which why the box required reprinting?
This is what Paul said on the KS update:

"The first two were not printed up to spec, and the third looked great but did not have the correct amount of glue applied, which was resulting in them not staying shut properly."

He didn't specify what was not "up to spec" about the first two.

Yep, I didn't specify because they didn't tell me what the issue was either. Oh well. If I had to guess, since this was the first tuck with the Satin finish coating, there were some issues with getting that to apply properly.

BTW about 300 packages just left my house and we'll be putting more together this evening.
Paul Carpenter

Tendril Ascendant & Nightfall  /  Standards /  Chancellor, Zenith, Deco, Aurum, Tendril: Sold Out

« Reply #132 on: May 25, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
I received my shipping notice today.  Dang, that was fast.  Hopefully, I'll have the cards in hand on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the USA)..  I apreciate the speed and priority that Paul gave to shipping and customer service.!!!!  Even if his next deck is butt-ugly(I sure hope it isn't), I will back Encarded's next release.  He has proven his committment to his customers and his business.
Thanks Paul!!

« Reply #133 on: May 25, 2012, 06:35:15 PM »

eggman

• Elite Member
I received my shipping notice today.  Dang, that was fast.  Hopefully, I'll have the cards in hand on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in the USA)..  I apreciate the speed and priority that Paul gave to shipping and customer service.!!!!  Even if his next deck is butt-ugly(I sure hope it isn't), I will back Encarded's next release.  He has proven his committment to his customers and his business.
Thanks Paul!!
Man, you beat me. I just received a shipping email. Mailed today. I am very impressed. Americana and Encarded have my business. I appreciate the hard work they must have put into getting these out. I have a feeling Shaun is going to do the same thing. I am really looking forward to receiving the encarded deck.

« Reply #134 on: May 25, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Even if his next deck is butt-ugly(I sure hope it isn't), I will back Encarded's next release.  He has proven his committment to his customers and his business.
Thanks Paul!!
Here is what his next release looks like, and it's fare from being butt-ugly :P
http://aethercards.com/discourse/index.php?topic=2407.0

« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2012, 08:25:03 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thank you for the kind words guys, it means a lot. This is a LOT of work, it really is. I've made a few mistakes and missed a few details that I feel bad about but I am working diligently to make sure the many people that supported me get their due as soon as possible. That just seems to be fairest thing, they put their money towards my vision, so the least I can do is repay that with efficient service.

I'd love to build a brand over time that people trust, know will work hard to bring them the best, and be a source for innovative things.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #136 on: May 29, 2012, 08:47:21 PM »

jriffel

• True Member
Received my Kickstarter Tendril decks today!!  Can't wait to get them broken-in.  They feel great right outa the box. (I had a feeling they would.)  And the artwork ... great cards as expected.  By the way, pictures on the forums don't do the deck justice.  Super fast delivery and without using an outside fulfillment service.  Thanks again Paul !!!

« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2012, 10:02:20 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:

In all fairness I'm really impressed with the speed of Paul and his family and whoever else is involved in the packing and shipping of the decks. Encarded promised May shipping and arrivals (at least int he U.S. and some international orders). And he really was true to his word and this is the kind of Company I will stick to in the long run because its fast reliable and the quality of goods is good.

So keep up the great work Paul!

« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:03 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Thanks Lara. if we hadn't had such a fiasco with the tuck case printing I would have had every order to people by now. Those few extra weeks put a wrench in my carefully laid plans, but I'm doing my best to get stuff out the door.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:57 PM »

Billywiz

• Elite Member
Got my Tendril decks in today. All I can say is..Fantastic!! great work Paul, really love these cards. With the fast printing and timely delivery, you can count on my bussiness in the future.
Also you have a cool address lol.

« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2012, 06:58:11 AM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Glad you like them billywiz! Other than the rewards with Eco clips (still waiting on conjuring creations and their shop) pretty much all the kickstarters and web preorders are done as of today. Working hard to get everything out to people. I know how it feels to wait for something you ordered and really want! :)

And yes, my street name is pretty cool. Heh.

Thanks for the support everyone.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »

DelMagic

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
I wasn't a KS supporter, but I did buy through your website. I also picked up some of the Signature Edition clips which were delivered about a month ago. I just received notice of the deck shipment yesterday! Thank you!

« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »

danktrees

• Elite Member
got mine yesterday and they are sweet. I'm gonna have to pick up an uncut soon. My order also had a gold seal deck included in it which makes it even sweeter.

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2012, 03:18:53 PM »

cosmicsecret

• Discourse Lover
  • Manipulator
recieved my 3 decks today in germany.
i looooooove them!
seriously they handle A W E S O M E! Great for cuts,spreads & fans and faro like butter efordlessly.
I regret not getting the factory seconds from Mr.Carpenter.
The deck itself smells a bit,i think it´s the finish.

TENDRIL went straight into my top 5 decks!
KUDOS from Germany  ;)
Currently waiting for those decks being released :
- Seasons [Primavera / Seronda]  / Aether [Vortex] / Bicycle [Actuators] / Mana [Oracle] / The Blue Crown - [Altruism] / Encarded [Tendril]

« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »

Paul Carpenter

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Extraordinaire

• Facebook:

• Kickstarter:

• Twitter:

• YouTube:
Glad you like them! Just so you know, there are a few more factory seconds in the store right now! Not sure how long they will last, but if you need a few extra they are there.

Enjoy the cards, and thanks very much for your support and kind words.
Paul Carpenter

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Got my Tendrils the other day. I love them! They are one of my favorite decks. Handle amazing and the thin borders are awesome for fans. The only thing I was disappointed by was the signed deck coming with no cello, meaning it is technically open because of there being no seal.
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2012, 10:13:43 PM »

LeonJL

• Elite Member
  • En ce monde il n'est point de parfaite sagesse...
A minute ago, I checked the Encarded store and there's only 136 Tendril and 24 Factory Seconds left. For anyone who doesn't already have them, time to hurry! As for me, I've already got my share and am enjoying it currently. :)

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »

Jin Jian

• Haven Citizen
i just received my half a brick of tendril deck ... 2 of them are signed .. i am pretty happy :D

« Reply #148 on: June 21, 2012, 01:07:03 AM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts

• YouTube:
Funds are tight right now. Had to remove my 70$ pledge on the Kickstarter with a couple hours left. Since, I still haven't gotten them. Not by reluctance, but by pure incapability to do so. But I'll surely get some for Christmas, or my birthday (in 354 days). lol. Before I die for sure.

« Reply #149 on: June 21, 2012, 11:10:20 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Got mine from the mail yesterday!  Including a gold seal deck!  They really look great, Paul.  The pip positioning takes a little getting used to, but not long.  Thanks!

What's the ETA on the ECO clips?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:12:20 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/