You are Here:
The New Kid in School

Author (Read 1898 times)

The New Kid in School
« on: March 29, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »

Pentagear

Howdy folks.

Just like to introduce myself on the boards. Hopefully my schedule allows me to be a regular here. Quite the community!

Here's a little bit about myself:
http://matthewleekeith.com/artist

Hope to see you guys around!
I'm not a cardist or a magician. I'm a pureblood artist, and as such I seek to educate those who are really out of touch with design, not only for their betterment, but to also provide external critique that others can use along the way while they are doing their marketing research. I'm purely here for the design aesthetics that playing cards have, so you'll not see me critiquing companies, the people's business practices that run them, or the actual handling of the cards. What I can tell you though is when something is designed/executed well with near 100% accuracy.

Web - Facebook - Twitter

Re: The New Kid in School
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 08:38:19 PM »

MrLukeCarroll

• Discourse Veteran

• Facebook:
Hey Mate,

Just checked out your website and you have some really nice work! What sparked your interest in joining a Playing Card community like ours?
Mystery is the basic appeal of magic. Once the secrets are known, the magician becomes a mere manipulator, an actor in a suspense drama which has little impact because the audience knows the ending in advance.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 08:45:07 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Howdy folks.

Just like to introduce myself on the boards. Hopefully my schedule allows me to be a regular here. Quite the community!

Here's a little bit about myself:
http://matthewleekeith.com/artist

Hope to see you guys around!
Hey Matthew! I am very glad you joined the discourse. I love your artwork and really like that feedback you gave to that crappy Con Artist guy. Hope you have fun here :D

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 08:53:29 PM »

Aaron

• Haven Citizen

• Facebook:

• YouTube:
Welcome to the Forums, Hope you enjoy yourself :)
People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday.

Today I found something that reminded me of you. But don't worry I flushed and everything went back to normal.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »

xela

• Queen of Clubs
  • Aspire. Conceive. Create.

• DeviantArt:

• YouTube:
Welcome aboard! I am an enthusiast of fantasy art and you have some amazing work in your portfolio.
Forum Founder.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 08:57:26 PM »

Pentagear

Hey Mate,

Just checked out your website and you have some really nice work! What sparked your interest in joining a Playing Card community like ours?
I'm actually the roommate for one of the card artists already here and I've been wanting to do a deck for a while now (just haven't had the time, maybe that will change in the future ;) ) He suggested I join and participate when possible.

Welcome aboard! I am an enthusiast of fantasy art and you have some amazing work in your portfolio.
Thank you kindly, sir! Much appreciated!
I'm not a cardist or a magician. I'm a pureblood artist, and as such I seek to educate those who are really out of touch with design, not only for their betterment, but to also provide external critique that others can use along the way while they are doing their marketing research. I'm purely here for the design aesthetics that playing cards have, so you'll not see me critiquing companies, the people's business practices that run them, or the actual handling of the cards. What I can tell you though is when something is designed/executed well with near 100% accuracy.

Web - Facebook - Twitter

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 09:18:11 PM »

Frost

• Discourse Royalty
Hey Pentagear welcome to the discourse .

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »

xZEROx

• Frequent Flyer
Welcome to the Discourse!
I've seen several posts from you regarding the TCA. In a neutral standing, I find your words somewhat amusing.
Love the art works too! Maybe you could get some designs done and help out in the Discourse deck!

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 09:31:44 PM »

loldudex2

• Jack of Diamonds
  • The original long haired boy.

• YouTube:
Nice to meet you man! It's great having another great artist here on the discourse!

You said you've wanted to design a deck. In the "Design and Development" section, there is a group of people making a collaborative deck, and I feel your art will really help this deck out. Thank you and check it out  ;)

I hope to see you become a regular here  :)
I LIKE MAILBOXES!

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »

lordlupus

• Forum Regular
Welcome to the Discourse, Pentagear!

Why do you choose the handle Pentagear?  :)

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 10:11:31 PM »

Pentagear

Welcome to the Discourse, Pentagear!

Why do you choose the handle Pentagear?  :)
My personal icon, or logo if you will is a pentagram surrounded by a 15 tooth gear. So i called the logo a "pentagear". It symbolizes the spiritual core or sentient essence of a person and their mechanical shells such as their bodies. There's a lot to it, but that's the gist.

Web - Facebook - Twitter

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:23 PM »

Pentagear

Welcome to the Discourse!
I've seen several posts from you regarding the TCA. In a neutral standing, I find your words somewhat amusing.
Love the art works too! Maybe you could get some designs done and help out in the Discourse deck!
I'll be honest, that was a bad day. I probably could have handled that original critique with a little more finesse. Which I will continue to hold myself to in the future. As I said before, nobody is without redemption. If TCA turns around and starts producing quality stuff, I'll acknowledge it. It was mainly about their claims about having "the world's best deck". Had to stroke the reality check on that one. I think a lot of people felt the same, unfortunately.

Thanks for the kind words about my work! Hopefully I'll be able to get back into doing more artwork soon, as I'm currently stuck designing and building websites for a living :/. Oh, well, puts food on the table and a roof over it :).

Web - Facebook - Twitter

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 01:19:09 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome to the Discourse.  I'm already familiar with your work, since Lance Miller has a link to your site on his page!  I guess he's the roomie, eh?  Have fun and don't take life too seriously.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 01:19:28 AM by Don Boyer »
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »

Lara Krystle "Lane"

• Former Moderator
  • Discourse Deity
  • "Why go through the world unnoticed?" -

• YouTube:
OMG Another amazing artist. I really envy people who can draw well. ***cries*** i want to be able to do art properly too.... I had a very hard time with Freehand and Mech Draw in Interior Design (which is probably why I failed those two subjects). Anyway your "GRAPHITE DRAWINGS" are AMAZING!
and with that
WELCOME to the DISCOURSE !!!
I hope you have fun here, although you had a somewhat dramatic start here with the whole ConShitheadsDotCom thread, but that aside, every where else would be more enjoyable. :P (i hope) XD

Tons of topics here that I hope you will find to your liking (is that right grammar?) Also the SEARCH tool is the best thing to use when you are in search for a specific topic or what-not.
And if you do have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to drop a PM to any of our Admins/mods. They would be more than happy to help you out in whatever it may be. :)

Cheers!
Lara Krystle "Lane" Novales
http://laranovales.wordpress.com

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »

sinsandman

• Extraordinaire
  • Sinister
Welcome Penta. Look forward to seeing what you have to say in the forums.
Magical as Sin!