You are Here:
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick

Author (Read 385 times)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:56:02 PM »

NathanCanadas

• King of Hearts
  • Check out my sales post in my signature!

• YouTube:
Hey guys, since the movie HUGO, academy awards nominee has come out, I have decided to re-read both the first and second volumes, and look at what I've found:
" While Hugo worked, the old man played cads. Hugo's father had taught him how to play solitaire, and he used to entertain Hugo with a few card tricks. Hugo hadn't thought about that in a long time. As he watched the old man play, he saw things that captivated him. The old man didn't just shuffle the deck, he fanned it and flipped it and made the cards jump up into an arching bridge, shooting them in rapid succession from one hand to the other. He could cut the deck with one hand an make a second fan of cards appear behind the first. He even made a card float up by itself and then lower into the deck again."
There's tons of other references to magic and flourishing, and I found these details fun for me to read, as, when I had first read the book, I wasn't into magic, and I didn't remember these passages.
Anyways, I really recommend you get the two volumes of this graphic novel and you watch the movie, because they are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!