You are Here:
KS - Wonder Playing Cards

Author (Read 2366 times)

KS - Wonder Playing Cards
« on: August 01, 2020, 11:34:11 PM »

Chrishage

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Hi Everyone, it's great to finally be on the forum! Thanks to Lee for helping get my password straightened out. Also, it was great meeting many of you in person in Charlotte last year at the 52+ convention. I look forward to the virtual convention later this year. I'm sure it will be a blast.

The reason I'm posting today though, is to let you know ahead of time about a Kickstarter campaign I'm launching on August 15 at 12PM EST. For most of the last year I've been redesigning and rebranding the TRICS deck I did in 2018. That deck was a two-dimensional paisley deck designed specifically for the TRICS magic convention. Coincidentally, the convention is held across the street from where the 52+ convention was last year. The updated version uses some of the same paisley elements, but they're stacked which gives the back a three dimensional look.

With this deck I'm partnering with Art of Play on production and fulfillment to make sure everything is done to the highest standards. Like my previous projects, I'm once again partnering with Clove St. Press to produce all of the tucks and half-brick boxes. And finally, the cards will be printed by The United States Playing Card Company. As many of you know, these three companies not only strive to have the finest quality product, but they have some of the finest people in the industry working for them. I'm proud to have them as partners in this project.

I've attached an image to this post that shows the deck, you can also find me on Instagram or Facebook under Wonder Playing Cards (link below). You can also be notified of the launch by going to Kickstarter and signing up to be notified (link below).

https://www.facebook.com/Wonder-Playing-Cards-110196114120904/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wonderplayingcards/wonder-playing-cards

Thanks everyone for checking out the project and many of you for helping behind the scenes to get this ready!
Chris

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 11:41:30 PM by Chrishage »

Re: KS - Wonder Playing Cards
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 11:43:44 PM »

Chrishage

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Sorry here's one more image of the half-brick boxes for the campaign. We'll ship all six deck pledges in these boxes if the stretch goal to unlock these is reached.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 11:01:38 PM »

lms_jam

• Forum Regular
I really like this deck you will be seeing me at the Kickstarter launch.
If at first you don't succeed try try again

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 02:23:41 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
I'm glad those login issues were sorted out as well - my apologies for not getting to you sooner!

This does look like a splendid deck - I'm looking forward to seeing the Kickstarter project for it.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »

Chrishage

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
I really like this deck you will be seeing me at the Kickstarter launch.

Fantastic! See you there.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 09:01:04 PM »

Chrishage

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
I'm glad those login issues were sorted out as well - my apologies for not getting to you sooner!

This does look like a splendid deck - I'm looking forward to seeing the Kickstarter project for it.

Hey Don! No worries. Hope you're doing well.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 09:12:36 PM »

Chrishage

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
Hey guys, just wanted you to know about two collectors items in the campaign.

The first is a collectors box set. The two deck set includes one (1) limited edition Wonder deck with silver gilding, silver and blue foiled tuck, and a numbered seal and one (1) standard Wonder deck. The collector's box is crafted with the finest materials, silver foil stamping both inside and out, and features a magnetic closure to keep your decks secure.
Silver gilded decks are ONLY available in this two-deck collector's box. To ensure these special sets remain limited, we are only producing 250 sets. You must pledge for the set to receive one. These are NOT available as add ons. These are $40.

The other item I want you to know about in advance is a Kickstarter Exclusive holographic gilded deck with holographic tuck. This will also come with a numbered seal so you know exactly what the run is. I want to keep this one to a small run so I'll only produce what is pledged for on Kickstarter. These decks will be $50 each or two for $75 as add-ons. There will be a few tiers that offer the holographic deck at a discount so you can easily get a few decks and the holographic without having to go through the add-on process. This will be available after we hit some stretch goals.

I've included pictures of the holo tuck and the collectors box below.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 11:39:52 PM by Chrishage »

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 03:35:18 PM »

frampton

• Newcomer
I back a lot of playing card KS campaigns but I don't get too excited about most of them. These look special. I'm looking forward to the launch.

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2020, 04:14:58 PM »

Chrishage

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Newcomer
I back a lot of playing card KS campaigns but I don't get too excited about most of them. These look special. I'm looking forward to the launch.

Thank you. I'm so appreciative of your support!