You are Here:
Hello from Ithaca, NY!

Author (Read 6205 times)

Hello from Ithaca, NY!
« on: March 14, 2020, 02:05:09 AM »

Thornclaw MAnor

• Newcomer
Hi everyone! I'm Steve and I'm from Ithaca NY, where it's cold and rainy a lot, but we have great wines!  I like to collect cards for the art of them,( my prize deck is a ww2 british war poster deck) although I dabble in card tricks( I would love to be able to do some) but I don't have the hand skills.  I'm a comic book and fantasy illustrator by trade and I've made a few card decks and am currently running a kickstarter for my new card deck. I bumped into this forum when looking for advice on mailing decks. Being a fantasy artist mostly I didn't realize there was such a big world of people who collect. So I'm here to learn and share!

Re: Hello from Ithaca, NY!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 06:44:39 AM »

the.asics.kid

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • True Member
Hi there,

welcome to the forum. Saw the cards and your last project. It mirrors the weather you described. Something perfect for the rainy days :) and to tell some monster stories.
The playing card collector world is big but even bigger in dedication and the numbers of decks in some collector's collections for sure, haha.
Make yourself at home.
- anima sana in corpore sano  /  What a joy to roam this valley of broken souls -

Re: Hello from Ithaca, NY!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 07:13:33 PM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hi everyone! I'm Steve and I'm from Ithaca NY, where it's cold and rainy a lot, but we have great wines!  I like to collect cards for the art of them,( my prize deck is a ww2 british war poster deck) although I dabble in card tricks( I would love to be able to do some) but I don't have the hand skills.  I'm a comic book and fantasy illustrator by trade and I've made a few card decks and am currently running a kickstarter for my new card deck. I bumped into this forum when looking for advice on mailing decks. Being a fantasy artist mostly I didn't realize there was such a big world of people who collect. So I'm here to learn and share!

It's not true that a great deal of dexterity is required for performing magic.  There's some great magic tricks that require absolutely zero sleight of hand at all.

Welcome to the forum, from a fellow New Yorker!
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/