You are Here:
Greetings from Tennessee

Author (Read 6250 times)

Greetings from Tennessee
« on: February 13, 2020, 06:43:44 PM »

Target242

• Newcomer
Hello! My name is T. Scott Benefield, although on most forums, eBay, etc. and the like I go by the screen name "Target242" ...and not because I have an affinity for the store Target (although it's not bad!) but this predates the mainstream internet and web and harkens back to the age of message boards (remember those???) Most often my friends and colleagues call me "Scott".

I live in Leoma, Tennessee (USA)...a small rural town, near the Tennessee - Alabama state line....about 70 miles south of NashVegas!

I have collected playing cards since my childhood (I'm an old fart now....will be 50 in September!), and began doing card tricks and the like in my late high school and college years, and it has been a hobby ever since. I collect now mostly vintage decks, like Bicycle decks, some old advertising and tobacco-advertising related themed decks....but also anything that strikes my fancy. I tend to amass lots of decks, sell them from time to time on eBay, etc.  I often will participate in Kickstarter decks, especially reproduction or restoration decks, or decks with a magic/magician themes...but again, anything that strikes my fancy at the time. I am a Patreon Malliance/Sleight Club member of Daniel Madison.

I like to think of myself as an amateur cardist/card magician. Now my teen-aged son and younger children also dabble in this with me...

"By day" I am a pediatrician, and have been for 20 years! I often will use a trick or effect with a patient....and that's great fun!

I don't know how active I will be on the forums, as I discovered it via looking up information about some old bike cards, but who knows?
I recently joined 52plusjoker and had been meaning to for several years! Now was the time I suppose and look forward to this! 
Nice to meet everyone!

Re: Greetings from Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 09:57:25 AM »

NCC1888

• 52 Plus Joker Member
  • Forum Regular
Welcome Target242! You've come to the right place. You should also think about joining 52+Joker.

Re: Greetings from Tennessee
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 03:36:11 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Welcome Target242! You've come to the right place. You should also think about joining 52+Joker.

He mentioned that he just joined.

Hey, Scott, you should get in touch with Lee Asher - he's a member here under his own name and he's the 52+J club president.  Once he can verify your membership, he can upgrade your account to that of 52 Plus Joker Member, which allows you access to the Members Only section of the forum.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/