You are Here:
Hi, from the 514 area code.

Author (Read 6639 times)

Hi, from the 514 area code.
« on: December 19, 2019, 03:10:32 AM »

54kPlaya

• Newcomer
  • 54KPlaya the Hatian Man aka Red Riding Hood.

• DeviantArt:
Hello there from Montreal, collecting cards and playing with cards are some of the things that I do. Glad that I found that forum.
My rep is so cool that it has to be under 0, now think about that!

Re: Hi, from the 514 area code.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 05:01:34 AM »

Don Boyer

• VP/Dir. Club Forum/DAC Chair, 52 Plus Joker
  • Administrator
  • Forum Sentinel
  • Pick a card, any card...no, not THAT card!

• Facebook:
Hello there from Montreal, collecting cards and playing with cards are some of the things that I do. Glad that I found that forum.

We're glad to have you.  My mother is from Quebec Province - she was born in Montreal and raised in Quebec City until she moved with her family to New York City.

Funny story: when she arrived, she was left back two grades in school because she couldn't speak any English.  When she graduated high school, she went on to an office trades school to learn to become a "secretary" (we call them "administrative assistants" these days).  After being sent to her first job, she was referred back to the school by her employer for additional language training - her English had too much of a Brooklyn accent to it!  To this day, her accent is a weird blend of Quebecoise and Brooklynese.
Card Illusionist, NYC Area
Playing Card Design & Development Consultant
Deck Tailoring: Custom Alterations for Magicians and Card Mechanics
Services for Hire - http://thedecktailor.com/
Pre-Made Decks for Sale - http://donboyermagic.com/

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 09:29:00 AM »

54kPlaya

• Newcomer
  • 54KPlaya the Hatian Man aka Red Riding Hood.

• DeviantArt:

We're glad to have you.  My mother is from Quebec Province - she was born in Montreal and raised in Quebec City until she moved with her family to New York City.

Funny story: when she arrived, she was left back two grades in school because she couldn't speak any English.  When she graduated high school, she went on to an office trades school to learn to become a "secretary" (we call them "administrative assistants" these days).  After being sent to her first job, she was referred back to the school by her employer for additional language training - her English had too much of a Brooklyn accent to it!  To this day, her accent is a weird blend of Quebecoise and Brooklynese.
My older brother lives in NY since I was a kid, Brooklyn, queens, long island and now manahttan. Ny is like my second city, my best memories are from Brooklyn, not so much the place but the people there, they are different from the other new yorkers. The first thing that suprised me about brooklyn was how people I did not know in the streets use to talk to me like if it was normal. Things might have change since that was in the late 80's when I use to leave my brother's house to go play mortal kombat at the arcade.

Nowdays in Montreal most people speak both english and french.
My rep is so cool that it has to be under 0, now think about that!

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 02:30:31 PM »

moosemule

• Newcomer
Hey hey, i'm a former Montrealer now living in Terrebonne. I'm also new here